Tyrone v Monaghan Quarter Final

Started by tyronefan, July 27, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

clarshack

not sure if its been mentioned but for all the stick colm cavanagh gets, i thought he was good today.

omagh_gael

Quote from: clarshack on August 03, 2013, 11:05:44 PM
not sure if its been mentioned but for all the stick colm cavanagh gets, i thought he was good today.

+1

Petey Harte as well.

BennyHarp

Indeed, as was Ciaran McGinley and Peter Harte had a great second half. A few of the much maligned players really stood up today, fair play!

EC Unique

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 03, 2013, 11:08:50 PM

Indeed, as was Ciaran McGinley and Peter Harte had a great second half. A few of the much maligned players really stood up today, fair play!

Ciaran took a fair bit of stick on here a couple of weeks ago. Good to see him prove a few 'experts' wrong.

BennyHarp

A little bit worrying that Tyrone only finished with one of the starting six forwards on the pitch. Darren McCurry will have better days and SON is struggling to get into games. Good to see positive performances from Ronans McNabb and O'Neill though.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: small white mayoman on August 03, 2013, 08:45:20 PM
Joe Brolly s attack on Sean Kavanagh was an absolute disgrace  ffs you would swear he was the 1st man ever to pull a man down going through on Goal what does Joe expect ? Who here on the board would not do the same thing if in the same position ? Jesus you would swear Kavanagh had just killed a man . From the game i was watching there was cyncism from both teams but of Course Brolly does not recognise that . I know who i rather go for a pint with so sean if your ever down in mayo just give us a pm as for Joe you might just feck of the national airways as i'm sick of paying my tv licsense to listen to the shite that you come out week after week.

Agreed with everything Brolly said. Cavanagh is an outstanding footballer but he reverts to cynicism and play-acting continually.
"Stercus accidit"

timmyot501

As a monaghan fan colm kavanagh should have been cautioned on numerous occasions in the second half for stopping our keeper on the quick kick out. Umpires linesmen and ref all just stood and watched. Sean is not the first to do a cynical tackle on anyone but he is the man doing it every feckin week and as good a player as he is its no wonder so many can't stand him.

anglocelt39

Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 03, 2013, 11:25:26 PM
Joe Brolly s attack on Sean Kavanagh was an absolute disgrace  ffs you would swear he was the 1st man ever to pull a man down going through on Goal what does Joe expect ? Who here on the board would not do the same thing if in the same position ? Jesus you would swear Kavanagh had just killed a man . From the game i was watching there was cyncism from both teams but of Course Brolly does not recognise that . I know who i rather go for a pint with so sean if your ever down in mayo just give us a pm as for Joe you might just feck of the national airways as i'm sick of paying my tv licsense to listen to the shite that you come out week after week.

Agreed with everything Brolly said. Cavanagh is an outstanding footballer but he reverts to cynicism and play-acting continually.

I have no problem with Sean Cavanagh making a calculated decision to rugby tackle one of Ulsters leading marksmen as he bore down on goal to potentially get a match winning score. what I do have a problem with is the fact that he did not receive a straight red for the sheer cynicism of his actions. Could elaborate but its late we have  a huge day tomorrow to look forward to. To be continued
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

HokeyPokey

All this will spur on Tyrone me thinks. Monaghan in general were more cynical than Tyrone in this match especially Dessie Mone. I had thought they had turned over a new leaf etc., but they seemed to revert to the Monaghan tactics of recent years, exemplified by the decision to bring Dick on, who immediately came on and just stood in front of Cavanagh, not looking about the ball.

FFS too, Cavanagh gets dragged to the ground more than any other player in the country...

Itchy

Quote from: anglocelt39 on August 03, 2013, 11:39:24 PM

I have no problem with Sean Cavanagh making a calculated decision to rugby tackle one of Ulsters leading marksmen as he bore down on goal to potentially get a match winning score. what I do have a problem with is the fact that he did not receive a straight red for the sheer cynicism of his actions. Could elaborate but its late we have  a huge day tomorrow to look forward to. To be continued

There is no such foul as a cynical foul in the rule book nor is their a professional foul. So I'd love to know on what grounds he gets a red card or are you saying refs should just apply whatever punishment they feel like?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Itchy on August 04, 2013, 12:00:22 AM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on August 03, 2013, 11:39:24 PM

There is no such foul as a cynical foul in the rule book nor is their a professional foul. So I'd love to know on what grounds he gets a red card or are you saying refs should just apply whatever punishment they feel like?
+1

though refs have sent lads off in the past incorrectly...
this time it cannot be done retrospectively because as you say, this is not a red card offense in the rule book.

i wonder will this furore fire up a reaction from HQ to have conor gormley red carded retrospectively...in a kind of sop/retaliation for cavanaghs rugby tackle..
hope not

see you in 13 -13.5 hours itchy!!
come on Cavan!

Wildweasel74

The problem is, you cant tell anymore when hes dragged to the ground and whens hes dived

deiseach

We've seen a few instances in hurling recently where people believed the ref should ignore the rule book and use common sense instead. Maybe that's what should be used here ;)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: deiseach on August 04, 2013, 12:07:40 AM

We've seen a few instances in hurling recently where people believed the ref should ignore the rule book and use common sense instead. Maybe that's what should be used here ;)
waterford v kilkenny in all Ireland senior football final 2020
referr mr duffy from sligo.
are you willing to trust his 'common sense' ...

i'd not be gamblng too many blahs on that!