Tyrone v Monaghan Quarter Final

Started by tyronefan, July 27, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 03, 2013, 06:44:41 PM
Brolly making an absolute tit of himself on national TV....

Hardly anything new there. He's right on this occasion but as has been said, always an agenda with him
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

red hander

f**k me, I thought that tube donated a kidney, not a brain. Even Spillane looked embarrassed for Joe. RTE, look at yerselves, c'mon!

Nally Stand

Quote from: Doiregael2 on August 03, 2013, 06:36:10 PM
Totally agree tubber!! For the gud of Gaelic football they cannot win the AI this year!!

What absolute horseshit. Tomorrow you will watch two of the most cynical, dirtiest teams in Ireland go head to head. Not to mention the Dubs who write the book on such things. Do you seriously believe that if the exact same scenario played out in any of the other games this weekend, that Cavanagh would have been the only one to haul the man on goal down? Its a football problem, not a Tyrone problem.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Rois

Quote from: J OGorman on August 03, 2013, 06:44:10 PM
Quote from: Rois on August 03, 2013, 06:42:17 PM
Joe is in danger. Lawyer or not. Is he pissed?

Dry your eyes on all of the above. Danger of calling cheats cheats?  On the drink? If youve nought worth while to say..say buck all
I am laughing,not crying.

And I have a bit more insight than you think I have.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2013, 06:39:41 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2013, 06:16:45 PM
The sooner the black card is brought in the better - we now see why Harte doesn't like it....

Black card will have no effect on such tackles late in the game. Too many 'holier than thou' hypocrites dancing to the tune of the RTE cheerleaders and I say that as an Armagh man. Yes it's not pretty but this is not a recent phenomenon.

So losing Cavanagh with 20 mins to go wouldn't have made a difference to the game????

J OGorman

You tyrone men get a signal ok in Croker? I find it hard to get decent reception when theres a big crowd in ;-)

bucko

The simple fact is that until the rules are changed to provide enough deterrent to such fouls it will keep occurring. The black card won't be enough and I doubt that the GAA collectively have enough balls to make the necessary changes.

thejuice

We'll see what Pat changes his mind if Tyrone did that to Kerry in the semi
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

timmyot501

We didn't play well enough to win but i am raging wit some of the decisions here today. We had enough chances but couldn't take them. kavanagh has some ability but sometimes he should be in aviva. Disgusted wit some of his antics.

anglocelt39

Quote from: EC Unique on August 03, 2013, 06:46:15 PM
Joe has lost control of himself the silly little sh1t. Spillane called it right, if you managed a team and a forward was bearing down on goal and a player did not drag him down you would be livid. The usual Tyrone witch hunt. Will Tyrone players and supporters care? Not one f**king bit. Who do we play next?

No problem with managers taking that approach as long as they realised there should be a straight red where a rugby tackle is used to take down somebody who is clear through on goal. Cavanagh should have got gate.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: thejuice on August 03, 2013, 06:50:25 PM
We'll see what Pat changes his mind if Tyrone did that to Kerry in the semi

They won't be able to meet Kerry until the final

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Wildweasel74

I done this only with a ankle tap not  a rugby tackle and got lined under dangerous play, so to Say the ref couldn't havent sent him of is wrong, ref use the play on rule when it doesnt exist so in my eyes he could have issued a red if he had seen ift. Ref go to much by the rule book and not the spirit of the game

cavanmaniac

Jasus, epic rant by Brolly. I agree that this approach is a blight on the game but it's not like Cavanagh decapitated someone, he just took the foul to keep the goal out.

And the wider point that is being missed here, and is continuously missed, is this: teams will do anything they can within and a little bit outside and beyond the rules, to win a game. It is not incumbent on managers or players to play the game in an open-handed, honest and moral way - if players and managers could be relied on to do just that, we'd never need referees or anything in the first place. It'd be nice in an ideal world but it won't happen ever. The bottom line is that if teams, players and managers are ruining the game through cynicism and negative tactics, then it is incumbent on the rule makers to legislate these tactics out of the game.

As we've seen though, the GAA moves at a lamentably poor pace of change in these matters and so the situation has persisted, although we hope the black card rule can make amends.

So I agree with Joe on the essence of his point but in attacking the players and managers he is not addressing the people on whom the onus rests for change.