All Ireland Senior Football Championship Quarter Finals Draw

Started by drici, July 27, 2013, 07:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Monaghan have nothing to fear if they can compete in midfield, but Tyrone will like this draw to, avoided Dublin, Mayo, and Kerry which look the most dangerous of whats left, I never understand Cork though!

Syferus

Quote from: Schkite on July 27, 2013, 08:57:22 PM
McStay is an absolute clown, he couldn't shout out quick enough how delighted Tyrone will be with that draw, he never gives us a chance in anything.

I'm very happy with that draw, it's the best time in years for Monaghan to meet Tyrone in a big game imo. Very confident we can do it.

Tyrone would be delighted, to be honest. It's easily the best draw they could have got. So should Monaghan, though, as only Cavan would have suited ye more. Could go either way but Monaghan have to prove last weekend wasn't a once off before I believe they've truly moved on from the erratic stuff we saw over the last few years and in the league this year.

Rossfan

Hopefully it will be Donegal, Monaghan Cavan and Cork
Hoever in reality it will be :-
Mayowr, Tyrone( Monaghan won their AI last week and will find it hard to come down from the bus tours etc) with Mwr to win the Semi.
Kerry and Dublin will meet in the other Semi but if Cork can get it right for once they could beat Dublin before losing to Kerry.
Kerry to beat Mwr in the Final
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

I think Dublin and Kerry will be happiest with this draw. All the 'sluggers' are on the opposite side of the draw.

Predicted 4 semi finalists:

Monaghan
Kerry
Dublin
Mayo (toss of a coin)

Wildweasel74

I have a strange feeling Kerry have a good run at this, and could win again this yr, they are not been talked about and it suits them down to the ground

babarino

Syferus

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 27, 2013, 09:09:26 PM
I have a strange feeling Kerry have a good run at this, and could win again this yr, they are not been talked about and it suits them down to the ground

Still no chance of Keery actually winning it but Cavan have given them a genuine pathway to their final game of the season.

Farrandeelin

Me too wildweasel, they're not out until they're out!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Wildweasel74

kerry never fear dublin and every team dublin played this yr been half scared of them

yellowcard

Yeah I can see a Dublin v Kerry draw and I'd say that Kerry couldn't have hand picked this draw any better if they tried. They have always fallen short against high intensity attritional style Ulster football and the 2013 version of the Dubs will allow them room to play football. That semi final could be a potential classic.

babarino

Quote from: Rossfan on July 27, 2013, 09:07:04 PM
Monaghan won their AI last week and will find it hard to come down from the bus tours etc) with Mwr to win the Semi.

Not a word of it. We enjoyed winning Ulster but it was no AI. Monaghan will be up for this one.

Schkite

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 27, 2013, 09:02:42 PM
brolly pointed out that mcstay and all 'down south' dislike the ulster teams at the end.
its quite obvious !

I think tyrone cynicism will beat monaghan but it will be a tight game that could go either way!

Being wrote off by pundits is nothing new for a small county like Monaghan, but in the past I've seen McStay almost snigger or roll his eyes when it comes to discussing our chances. You'd think winning Ulster would garner a small bit of respect but there you go. No matter, we're quite happy to be no hopers again!

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 27, 2013, 09:02:01 PM

Ah in fairness, ye are the new guys. But by no means soft. Ye must be happy to avoid Cork?

Happy to avoid Cork yes, haven't seen much of them this year but I know with the players they have, if they click they can be devastating.

Tyrone is ideal because as I say, the players won't need any motivation, and I think they can be caught. If people were sceptical as to the chances of Monaghan pulling out another performance such as last week's, trust me, Tyrone are the team to bring that out.  I'm very aware that all the qualifiers were looking to draw Monaghan and Tyrone will be extremely happy with that. Quietly confident.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on July 27, 2013, 09:11:10 PM
Still no chance of Keery actually winning it.
Still spouting bulldung  I  ::)see.
You're dead right - Keery are sh1te.
Kerry on the other hand....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 27, 2013, 09:17:49 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 27, 2013, 09:11:10 PM
Still no chance of Keery actually winning it.
Still spouting bulldung  I  ::)see.
You're dead right - Keery are sh1te.
Kerry on the other hand....

I don't keery what you say.

Schkite