25 (61%)
London
16 (39%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:09:41 PM

omagh_gael

ONeill

It's on a Sky pay channel
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gortnaleck

Happy Days. We are getting the3 games over here on West Coast U.S. and the two hurling games on Sunday. Best couple of hundred I ever spent.

joemamas

Quote from: gortnaleck on July 25, 2013, 02:16:38 PM
Happy Days. We are getting the3 games over here on West Coast U.S. and the two hurling games on Sunday. Best couple of hundred I ever spent.

What is link for that site

Syferus

Eh? The Triple bill is being covered live somewhere? How? Are they getting the RTE feeds that they use to make the highlights packages from?

Scandalous if that's available outside Ireland but there's a black-out the one place where it would be used the most.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on July 25, 2013, 04:53:40 PM
http://www.premiersports.tv/top/gaa/gaa/live-fixtures-gaa/

Who does the english commentary on TG4 feed matches?

I'm right in assuming London-Cavan and Cork-Galway won't be available on RTE.ie or the like for people in Ireland without paying a small fortune for that company's service? Really stupid stuff going on, they (RTE) are using our license fees to pay for the rights to record GAA matches and only allowing pay channels to show them live.

Yet another example why the GAA deciding to take games off television was so ass-backwards that it's nearly incomprehensible.

armaghniac

I'm not sure why people are slagging RTÉ. The GAA don't want RTÉ showing these games, as it interferes will club games and the like. I imagine RTÉ provide the cameras and sell the feed to Premier, so no taxpayers money is wasted.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Denn Forever

Quote from: Syferus on July 25, 2013, 04:14:04 PM
Eh? The Triple bill is being covered live somewhere? How? Are they getting the RTE feeds that they use to make the highlights packages from?

Scandalous if that's available outside Ireland but there's a black-out the one place where it would be used the most.

I suppose its like living on the Island of Ireland and needing a proxy ip adresss to watch RTE?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Rossfan

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 25, 2013, 05:47:57 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 25, 2013, 04:14:04 PM

I suppose its like living on the Island of Ireland and needing a proxy ip adresss to watch RTE?

Anyone in Ireland  that really wants to see Cavan/London and Galway/Cork will be in Croke Park.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on July 25, 2013, 05:40:40 PM
I'm not sure why people are slagging RTÉ. The GAA don't want RTÉ showing these games, as it interferes will club games and the like. I imagine RTÉ provide the cameras and sell the feed to Premier, so no taxpayers money is wasted.

RTE have the rights to a highlights package of all those games. They get Marty or whoever to sit there for two hours and then use three minutes of the commentary. All that costs money, money that the tax payer is funding in the main. To not be providing that feed to the same tax payers footing the bill seems a dereliction of their duty as a public service broadcaster. That the feeds are available on a pay channel charging exorbitant fees and mainly servicing the outside Ireland market just makes it all the more galling.

It's all caused by the GAA's 1950's stance against having more televised games. The fact is live GAA is no where to be seen on the major station betweens late September and late May every year so you damn well better wring the most minutes you can from your only shop-window in the year.

If the GAA thinks not showing Galway-Cork on television or online is going to get anyone to go to a club game instead they're having an almighty laugh at our expense.

rodney trotter

Cavan will bring a huge crowd, not as if we there every summer. First Championship game in Croker Since 97, played a League Semi against Ross in 07 there. The U-21 final on 2011 brought over 20,000 Cavan fans.

muppet

Don't be trying to bring sense into a good old whinge.
MWWSI 2017

Westside

I expect a very big Cavan crowd but a lot of people are being optimistic and waiting until the Quarter Finals. The U21 Final 2011 was over after about 20 minutes so the support never had much to get behind barring a bit of a flourish in the second half. Hopefully Saturday will be different. Really looking forward to it.

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on July 25, 2013, 06:01:12 PM

Don't be trying to bring sense into a good old whinge.

There's absolutely no sense in that.