All-Ireland Minor Football Championship 2013

Started by Syferus, July 21, 2013, 05:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

An all connacht final would be great. Clean sweep of the titles so far with brigids and galway u21s.

mad tan

If Tyrone can hold Roscommon danger man Murtagh they will win. I think Mayo will win the All Ireland

Syferus

Quote from: mad tan on August 26, 2013, 04:51:49 PM
If Tyrone can hold Roscommon danger man Murtagh they will win. I think Mayo will win the All Ireland

If you think Murtagh is all Tyrone have to worry about I hope they're listening.

emmetryan

Hi lads,

Tactical analysis piece on Mayo's win over Monaghan in the minor now up
http://action81.com/blog/?p=7579

Thanks,
Emmet
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Rossfan

Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2013, 01:25:46 PM
Rossies fancy their chances?
We haven't a ****ing hope.
But sure we'll try and keep th'oul ball kicked out for ye anyways.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Well both will feel they left a provincial title behind them & both have reached the semi final beating provincial champions. We will fancy our chances as much as Tyrone will i can imagine.

We have got within one score of Mayo twice this year so they know what to expect from us & If Tyrone are good enough to beat us then Mayo will be provided with better challenge than their last two games.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Syferus

Alright Tyroniacs, forget about those Rhubarbs, now ye have to play a real Connacht superpower.

Think this match is very well poised. Both teams have had troubles with conceding goals and both are all about pulling a lot of men back and breaking forward. Both counties obviously have good underage pedigrees and will fancy their chances of getting a shot against one half of the Mayo tandem in the final.

How do the Tyrone people rate this year's team to previous crops? For us outside leaking silly goals it's one of our better teams, some good attacking corner-backs, Ronan Daly (brother of two of our senior starting HBs) captaining from wing-back and we're probably strongest in the middle with Tadgh O'Rourke and Cathal Compton being aided by Ultan Harney and Senan Farrell. Up front the two Diarmuids, McGann and Murtagh are our main point scorers and I expect Tyrone to be playing a sweeper on them at all times.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

omagh_gael

Personally wouldn't have the greatest knowledge of the underage scene in Tyrone at the minute, however, I'm pretty sure we have exceeded most expectations so far this year. We have no real standout big name players e.g a Kyle Coney or Ronan O'Neill but there does appear to be a great battling spirit amongst the young lads. It took great character to come out and beat Kerry the way they did after the manner of the Monaghan defeat. We appear to have a wide spead of players contributing to our overall tallies which will, hopefully, make it harder for the Rossie management to execute a 'stopping' game plan. Anything from now on is bonus territory. I wonder will the run out in Croke Park against Kerry benefit our lads this weekend?

Syferus

Our own run-out against Kerry in Croker last year is going to be in our minds, playing them off the field and still throwing the game away. No lad worth his salt wants to get a second chance at minor and miss out again.

I don't think either team is at much of an advantage or disadvantage in terms of experience.

From the Bunker

Farrandeelin

The Mayo Divisional championships got underway tonight. I hope nobody got injured.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on August 26, 2013, 08:28:00 PM
We haven't a ****ing hope.
But sure we'll try and keep th'oul ball kicked out for ye anyways.

I suspect that Roscommon are pretty confident of winning the AI and not without some justification.