All-Ireland Minor Football Championship 2013

Started by Syferus, July 21, 2013, 05:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 02, 2013, 11:44:57 PM
The Rossies are even trying to copy our robot footballer program...

I think we've forgotten about not playing the ball on the ground. Would we get called back for soccering it with our front hooves?

Donnellys Hollow

In all seriousness, I've heard the Kildare lads are having nightmares about this next match.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Syferus

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 03, 2013, 12:06:19 AM
In all seriousness, I've heard the Kildare lads are having nightmares about this next match.

Luckily for Kildare Graham Canty wooden't be manning the defence.

ross4life

Isn't a big difference between Kildare or Mayo both are well able to score goals and both have good players in key positions. Soft goals conceded has been our achilles heel all year but if we break that habit on Monday we'll have great chance of causing upset, the 4/1 odds are very tempting.

I see Kildare have 8 minors from last year (open to correction) P Mescal, R Houlihan; P Connell,
N Flynn, M Sherry,W Fitzpatrick, C McMonagle, C Healy those lads showed good character to win Leinster this summer after the heavy defeat they shipped v Dublin last year.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Drummerboy

Leinster was fairly poor at minor level this year, I wouldn't be over rating Kildare.

Onlooker

Tipperary team to play Monaghan on Monday is unchanged from the team that played Kerry in Munster Final.  Best of luck to them.

Asal Mor

Anyone get the result of the Kerry v Tyrone game yesterday? Can't find it anywhere.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 04, 2013, 07:22:39 AM
Anyone get the result of the Kerry v Tyrone game yesterday? Can't find it anywhere.

Unless you Biff Tannen with his sports almanac that game ain't on until noon today!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

I hope the poor Kerry lambs can survive the little league rugby leaguers.

mick999

Found a link here :

http://www.radiokerry.ie/

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Not so sweet for Kerry, draw and into extra-time.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Kerry the bastions of pure football and try to play football all the time and that's why Tyrone equalized with practically the last kick  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

mick999

its actually quite funny listening to such biased commentary ..

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 04, 2013, 01:18:20 PM
Not so sweet for Kerry, draw and into extra-time.

You weren't kidding about the commentator having an axe to grind.

You won't catch lovely Connacht and Leinster teams at such unbecoming hatchet jobs tomorrow. The blood's too blue for that stuff.