Meath vs. Tyrone

Started by Jinxy, July 20, 2013, 08:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddgnhand

Quote from: Line Ball on July 27, 2013, 09:16:21 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on July 27, 2013, 08:59:35 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on July 27, 2013, 08:57:06 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on July 27, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
Could anyone explain why the National Broadcaster has to resort to delivering their programme from the corner of the pitch.  I'm sure there a quite a few free boxes with the times that are in it!

I was thinking that too. Awful seats. You couldn't hope to analyse a game from there.

It hardly matter when they'd say the same old crap, no matter how the game was going! Harping on about fouls, when the masterful performance of Cavanagh was there to talk about!

What is this 'pointing' crap that Cavanagh does when he passes (the odd time) particularly on short balls, it is as if I can seen whats happening further up the field but you can't.  Most if the time there was nothing on but he was still pointing after he passed the ball.  He seems to like the attention the camera brings to him.

Greedy bollix should also have passed when he was clean through as well, as your granny could have seen he was going to be blocked.  Just looking for the big headlines methinks.

Sure the next time your teams playing bring your granny along she might do a job on the line.

Whishtup

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 27, 2013, 09:24:01 PM
Mickey Harte has a case to answer here with his teams horrible tactical fouling near the end of the game.................

Quite right.  He should follow Dublin's example and adopt horrible tactical fouling for the whole game...(wouldn't get away with it though ;))

Throw ball

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 27, 2013, 09:24:01 PM
Mickey Harte has a case to answer here with his teams horrible tactical fouling near the end of the game.................

To be fair - and I promise I will never defend Tyrone again - any team wanting success does the same. Armagh were ridiculed for trying to play too much football against Cavan and last week in Salthill Galway played out the last ten minutes in a similar fashion to the way Tyrone did today - although the referee in that match took a random view on bookings. As the rules stand and you want to win you have to be cynical. Sadly being nice gets you nowhere. Of the teams left in the championship I think Cork and Dublin would be the most positive footballers.

Line Ball

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 27, 2013, 10:23:41 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on July 27, 2013, 09:16:21 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on July 27, 2013, 08:59:35 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on July 27, 2013, 08:57:06 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on July 27, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
Could anyone explain why the National Broadcaster has to resort to delivering their programme from the corner of the pitch.  I'm sure there a quite a few free boxes with the times that are in it!

I was thinking that too. Awful seats. You couldn't hope to analyse a game from there.

It hardly matter when they'd say the same old crap, no matter how the game was going! Harping on about fouls, when the masterful performance of Cavanagh was there to talk about!

What is this 'pointing' crap that Cavanagh does when he passes (the odd time) particularly on short balls, it is as if I can seen whats happening further up the field but you can't.  Most if the time there was nothing on but he was still pointing after he passed the ball.  He seems to like the attention the camera brings to him.

Greedy bollix should also have passed when he was clean through as well, as your granny could have seen he was going to be blocked.  Just looking for the big headlines methinks.

Sure the next time your teams playing bring your granny along she might do a job on the line.

Probably the only member of the Harte family (and I say this with total respect) who hasn't been involved with Tyrone in recent times.

TheGateKeeper

I have to say, I'm really enjoying the whining from Meath supporters about Tyrone's cynical play; oh the irony! :o
That's for 1996 yis b@#*erds!    ;D

Dinny Breen

Limerick were lambasted by the same pudits for not been cynical against Kildare last year.

Kildare beat Offaly and Louth lost to Dublin and Tyrone. Meath beat Wicklow and Wexford lost to Dublin and Tyrone! Will Meath now be pilloried for a shit championship too?
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

As a Derry man I only wish we had been more cynical against Cavan instead of allowing them time and space to kick an equalizer in extra time!

J OGorman

cynical fouling is v much a part of the game, is awful to watch. Its championship football and players are doing everything they can to win. Cavanaghs display was as good as you'll see this year albeit rugby tackling a meath player on the push.

Look, if Derry had employed these tactics to close out the game last Sat fornenst Cavan, we'd be (and no disrespect to our London gaels) sitting in a q/f waiting to take on the might of the Kingdom

Sometimes you have to cross that fine line to dig out a dirty win :-(

J OGorman

beat me to it Walt :-)

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on July 27, 2013, 09:58:57 AM
No such a thing as hoodoos or Indian signs.

If Meath beat Tyrone, fair play to them and vice versa.

Best team won.

Good game. Entertaining. All teams foul and are cynical - some more than others.

Tyrone haven't got the worst draw.

It was and is funny hearing Meath men complain about fouling and cynical play.

TheGateKeeper

Since 1996 I have wanted to ask Meath supporters this question: 
How does it feel? How does it feel?                ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcuRxJ-yLXU

Whishtup

Back to the game-I thought Col Cav stood up in the second half-surprised to see Coney come on ahead of McAliskey-must be doing it in training-time running out to show it on the field.  Carlin impressed when he came on.  McCurry progressing nicely.  Can't really see what Joe McMahon brings to it at the minute.  We look vulnerable for goals-the likes of the Dubs or Kerry would exploit this.

TheGateKeeper

Thought Coney was the wrong man to bring on, he dropped 3/4 balls and had no positive impact on the game, I thought Mc Aliskey would have been much more suite for this encounter, and should have been brought on for O'Neill. Carlin was excellent when he came on as was Cassidy, if we could get 70 out if him we are going places.  Mc Curry did well, big Sean was immense. We looked porous enough at times, but don;t forget that those 2

Over the Bar

Line ball are you a jilted lover of Big Sean??

TheGateKeeper

Thought Coney was the wrong man to bring on, he dropped 3/4 balls and had no positive impact on the game (he has the fall over himself problem that Mugsy had) , I thought Mc Aliskey would have been much more suite for this encounter, and should have been brought on for O'Neill. Carlin was excellent when he came on as was Cassidy, if we could get 70 out if him we are going places.  Mc Curry did well, big Sean was immense. We looked porous enough at times, but don;t forget that those 2 boys are the fastest forwards in the country!   Good to get the win.