Meath vs. Tyrone

Started by Jinxy, July 20, 2013, 08:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Boys and girls this is the best team available due to fitness etc. Crys for Coney and Ronan O'Neill are off the mark. Both men are a mile away at training. I predict neither will do as much for Tyrone as Penrose who some people on here seem to have a vendetta against. Sometimes people haven't got the temperament, speed of mind or plain simply goolies for senior football. Underage is a far cry from the white heat of Croker (and im not saying that the two guys mentioned have this problem, I think both will make it in the next year or 2)

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Up The Middle on July 26, 2013, 02:23:49 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 26, 2013, 01:43:20 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on July 26, 2013, 09:21:58 AM
Its good to see Colm and Peter getting another chance, it would be wrong to drop them after 10 1 bad performance.

Ciaran McGinleys inclusion is purely football based and nothing to do with where he is from

Aye Tyrone will win nothing with Mickey Harte in charge. Far too biased. Picking 2 players from the county champions is a joke.

He must have a hold over a lot of managers in Ulster too. Both Colm and Peter have played for Ulster in the last year, played on Sigerson cup teams and won underage All Irelands. McGinley also played in a Sigerson Cup final not so long ago. Mickey Harte is a disgrae getting these boys the games and medals.

So underage success should guarantee you numerous chances at senior level even though its clear you aren't cutting it. There was many a good minor and u21 who never made it at senior level. Clonoe and Coalisland have both won championships in recent years and it didn't guarantee any of their players a place on the panel never mind the starting team.

Well McGinley hasn't really had many chances yet so prepared to give him a go. Harte at various times has shown his worth to the team and to me will become a key player again and is well worth his place. Colm Cavanagh works hard and we aren't exactly blessed with options in midfield. It's easy to forget when he has had decent games such as against Donegal. People can point to Cassidy but no one knows if he's fit enough or would have the full impact over an entire game - maybe he's best of the bench. You'd think the way some people were talking we were having a terrible season. To me other than the Donegal game which was always going to be extremely difficult given its location and their focus on it we've had a very positive season.

One of the most pleasing aspects for me last week was the performance of Mark Donnelly in the second half. I didn't think he'd really delivered in a big championship game before. But when he was needed last week he stood up. Was also impressed with Clarke and Sean when he was needed too. Hopefully he can start getting a few more scores.

It would be brilliant to make it through to the quarter finals next weekend with a bit of momentum behind the team. Hopefully are defence can hold out and we can squeeze through another difficult game.

Ard-Rí

Quote from: thejuice on July 26, 2013, 12:42:11 PM
Since this is a clash of the northern and southern sons of the Uí Néill, I thought we ought to play our theme tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2lnttblHFU

I'm not a great historian but is there a long standing division between the Uí Néill clan stretching back through history? (beyond 1996).

Aye yeah. Family, they sold us out to the English though.
Fúbún Fúibh, a shluaigh Gael!

Ó Néill Oiligh is Eamhna
rí Teamhrach agus Tailtean,
tugsad ar iarlacht Uladh
ríoghacht go humhal aimhghlic

Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Aaron Boone

If Tyrone lose, then Meath do have the Indian sign on Tyrone. In 97 and esp 07 Tyrone were strong favs as they are again on Saturday. League form is a big gap, that says Tyrone should be bigger favourites IMO.

Jinxy

Win, lose or draw, we'll all hug it out after the game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2013, 09:24:42 PM
Win, lose or draw, we'll all hug it out after the game.

Stephen O'Neill will be available for a hug at the nearest A&E...

Radda bout yeee

I've got a bad feeling about this game - hope I'm wrong!

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 26, 2013, 09:55:14 PM

So do I.

Meath just know they can beat Tyrone.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I've got a bad feeling about this game...

I like it: the last two meetings against them we all had great feelings about the games!  :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 26, 2013, 10:49:27 PM

So do I.

Meath just know they can beat Tyrone.

Feeling the same myself, though the news story below reminds me of the weather on the day we hammered the Dubs in 2008. Maybe the Gods are conspiring to create the conditions to finally gain retribution for '96!

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=197531

That was never a square ball!!

TheGateKeeper

I sense a smell of retribution in the air!   ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXrhX0kD-mA
Total Faith
Tir Eoghain abu

ziggy90

Does anyone have a stream for today's game?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

orangeman

No such a thing as hoodoos or Indian signs.

If Meath beat Tyrone, fair play to them and vice versa.

babarino

This should be a really good game. Both Tyrone and Meath were impressive last times out. Meath (and Cork) have had a week more to prepare, which is totally unfair to Donegal and London. This should stand to them. But still fancy Tyrone to come on top.

ONeill

Right, let's get wired into these monsters.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.