The Open Championship 2013 - Muirfield

Started by laoislad, July 15, 2013, 01:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 22, 2013, 08:10:11 AM
Has Woods ever won a maojr when not leading going into the last round? I don't beleive so but I could be wrong.

Feel sorry for Westwood, thought he would do it this time. Mickleson is something else when he hits a streak. He must be well up the world rankings now.

He is #2 now with McIlroy pushed to #3.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

deiseach

Quote from: screenexile on July 22, 2013, 12:04:08 AM
Loved the birdie at 18 it was pure class. An even par round I think would have won it for Westwood. What a wolly!

I'm not convinced he was as lucky as they were all making out with his shot into the 18th green. Sure, it could have ended up in the bunker, but I think he decided to go for it rather lay up and leave himself a long putt for birdie. Fortune favours the brave. It did render the remaining hour or so a bit of an anti-climax. He had it won and it was funny watching him to try to suppress the urge to act as if he'd won it.

Minder

Funny listening to Peter Alliss referring to Phil Mickelsons "three daughters" more than once, while the camera was on them, except one of them is a boy.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Quote from: Minder on July 22, 2013, 09:56:50 AM
Funny listening to Peter Alliss referring to Phil Mickelsons "three daughters" more than once, while the camera was on them, except one of them is a boy.

Absolute legend so can make as many of those wee errors as he wants as far as I am concerned  ;)

theskull1

Who is the oldest 1st time major winner? Does it not get to a stage where it becomes obvious that the nearly men are never gonna get there?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

magpie seanie

Hale Irwin a few years back?

Edit - Sorry...oldest US Open champion but won it a few times, including in his 20's.

laoislad

Quote from: NAG1 on July 22, 2013, 10:10:40 AM

Absolute legend so can make as many of those wee errors as he wants as far as I am concerned  ;)

I find him horrendously irritating.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on July 22, 2013, 12:06:57 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 22, 2013, 10:10:40 AM

I find him horrendously irritating.

Dont watch him then LL  ;)

mouview

Quote from: mouview on July 15, 2013, 01:20:37 PM
I'd back Phil to miss the cut now - can be very hot and cold!

Very prescient words indeed - a Peter Aliss moment.

Orior

I'm still raging with the BBC for cutting away just as Adam Scott's caddie was about to snub Tiger on the first tee.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

north aontroim gael

Had quite a pleasant Sunday flicking between the golf and the Ulster Final.  The only down side was having to listen to the warblings of Mark Sidebottom and Peter Alliss.  Both detract from the experience of watching IMO but I realise some are probably fans.

deiseach

Quote from: north aontroim gael on July 22, 2013, 03:38:41 PM
Had quite a pleasant Sunday flicking between the golf and the Ulster Final.  The only down side was having to listen to the warblings of Mark Sidebottom and Peter Alliss.  Both detract from the experience of watching IMO but I realise some are probably fans.

'warblings' - love it.

Puckoon

Quote from: Orior on July 22, 2013, 03:29:36 PM

I'm still raging with the BBC for cutting away just as Adam Scott's caddie was about to snub Tiger on the first tee.

I doubt that happened, if it did, Williams changed tact during, and after the round

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/golf--british-open--tiger-woods--steve-williams-appear-to-reconcile-at-muirfield-182342838.html

NAG1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on July 22, 2013, 03:38:41 PM

Think you have just created the highlight of Sidebottoms career being mentioned along side Alliss.
;)