Galway v Armagh

Started by illdecide, July 15, 2013, 09:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

Quote from: The Iceman on July 18, 2013, 07:51:47 PM
I checked with Premium Sports online there and this match is not being televised.
Anyone know if any of the other domestic channels are showing it?

Get yourself down to Salthill.  It's easy to get there from all parts of the country.  Great weather, good town, good buzz and Armagh set to outnumber the Galway fans by 10-1

illdecide

Roughly what is the capacity of pearse Pk? What crowd is expected? I'm looking forward to the match now...I think a good bet is Armagh to win 1-3pts
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

QuoteRoughly what is the capacity of pearse Pk? What crowd is expected?

Pearse Park holds 26000 odd, it will be 75% empty tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GalwayBayBoy

Galway team

Manus Breathnach
Donal O'Neill
Finian Hanley
Keith Kelly
Johnny Duane
Gary O'Donnell
Gary Sice
Paul Conroy
Tom Flynn
John O'Brien
Sean Armstrong
Conor Doherty
Michael Martin
Michael Meehan
Danny Cummins

Don't have the subs yet.

rory

will there be much issue with parking tomorrow considering the crowd won't be huge.  i've heard nightmare stories about parking round there for games (clamping etc).  Any advice?

illdecide

What is the quickest way to galway...
Armagh to Dublin and then across country on new motorway to galway (3 tolls I'm told)
Armagh Enniskillen Sligo Mayo galway
Armagh cavan granard athlone ballinasloe galway
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Armagh - Cavan - Athlone probably best, one toll (or you can go the old road if you wish)

QuoteArmagh to Dublin and then across country on new motorway to galway (3 tolls I'm told)

4 tolls if you count the M50. You'd also use more fuel, so that route might cost twice.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: illdecide on July 19, 2013, 06:15:19 PM
What is the quickest way to galway...
Armagh to Dublin and then across country on new motorway to galway (3 tolls I'm told)
Armagh Enniskillen Sligo Mayo galway
Armagh cavan granard athlone ballinasloe galway

I would go the Armagh-Cavan etc route, it is the most direct. Going via Dublin adds 100kms to your route, but it is mostly motorway so you won't lose any time.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: rory on July 19, 2013, 05:05:18 PM
will there be much issue with parking tomorrow considering the crowd won't be huge.  i've heard nightmare stories about parking round there for games (clamping etc).  Any advice?

Salthill will be absolutely mobbed tomorrow in the good weather even before any of the football crowd arrive. If you can manage it I would nearly park the car in the city centre and either walk out or get a taxi to the ground and walk back into the city centre after the game.

bennydorano

Sentiment aside Galway at 2/1 at home to a very middling Armagh side seems like madness to me.  Thinking of a trip to the CU to fill my boots. Galway 11/10  +2pts as well.

larryin89

Quote from: bennydorano on July 19, 2013, 08:51:12 PM
Sentiment aside Galway at 2/1 at home to a very middling Armagh side seems like madness to me.  Thinking of a trip to the c* to fill my boots. Galway 11/10  +2pts as well.

Yep i agree, stuck a few quid on them myself at 21/10 with pp.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

armaghniac

Re the route to Galway
From 10pm to 4pm Saturday 20th July, the M1 Dublin/Belfast will be closed between J14 Ardee and J16 Dundalk East.

so Cavan-Athlone is looking better all the time!
or if you are going to Ardee, head for Kells - Mullingar.

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: armaghniac on July 19, 2013, 09:53:42 PM
Re the route to Galway
From 10pm to 4pm Saturday 20th July, the M1 Dublin/Belfast will be closed between J14 Ardee and J16 Dundalk East.

so Cavan-Athlone is looking better all the time!
or if you are going to Ardee, head for Kells - Mullingar.

Northbound only, south bound is ok

armaghniac

QuoteNorthbound only, south bound is ok

My apologies. Rather than do the obvious and say the M1 will be closed Northbound, they put the Northbound info later and the headline just said closed! Doh!

armaghniac

Armagh with Aussie style sleeveless jersies, it is hot. I hope they get another summer game to use them!