Derry v Cavan

Started by HiMucker, July 15, 2013, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

I underrated Cavan and overrated Derry. With a bye in round four the very best of luck to Cavan in the quarter finals.

comethekingdom

Is this the biggest score ever posted between 2 Ulster teams?

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 20, 2013, 07:47:22 PM
I underrated Cavan and overrated Derry. With a bye in round four the very best of luck to Cavan in the quarter finals.

Perhaps the daftest thing you've typed. London would be licking their lips at the prospect of Cavan being between them an an AIQF. London can easily give Cavan a game.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on July 20, 2013, 08:03:20 PM

Perhaps the daftest thing you've typed. London would be licking their lips at the prodpect of Cavan being between them an an AIQF. London can easily give Cavan a game.

Not Daft. Mayo will soften up London and they have to play a Cavan side on a high in six days time.

Orchardman

Perhaps the daftest thing you've typed. London would be licking their lips at the prodpect of Cavan being between them an an AIQF. London can easily give Cavan a game.

We will see londons real worth when they get out of connaught, its alright when they are playing ross and sligo

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 20, 2013, 08:14:37 PM

Not Daft. Mayo will soften up London and they have to play a Cavan side on a high in six days time.

I highly doubt London will be particularly crestfallen about losing a match everyone expects them to be hammered in. Beware the underrated team team playing an over-rated one. Cavan have improved but not by so much thry can afford to sleep on London.

anglocelt39

Bloody marvelous. Today was bonus territory, we are now in super bonus territory. Congrats to management team and a group of wonderfully committed lads.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

sbw

Well done Cavan who were better team on the day I thought

Denn Forever

Well done lads.  Nose bleed time but we'll enjoy the ride. ;D ;D ;D
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on July 20, 2013, 08:26:30 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 20, 2013, 08:14:37 PM

I highly doubt London will be particularly crestfallen about losing a match everyone expects them to be hammered in. Beware the underrated team team playing an over-rated one. Cavan have improved but not by so much thry can afford to sleep on London.

London beat a leitrim team by one- the same leitrim team beaten by 8 goals by armagh ?

Said it before these Cavan players aren't used to losing having won 3 ulster 21s in a row

jodyb

Gutted, but can't complain. Fair play to Cavan. Thought they got the rub of the green in the first quarter with what I thought was a stone wall penalty being ignored by Deegan. Had a big bearing on the run of the game, but overall, they withstood a spirited comeback by Derry and a never say die attitude at the final whistle kept them in it. Kinda reminded me of '04 (I think) when niall mc cusker equalised for Derry in the dying seconds and Cavan never scored in the extra time. Derry won by ten points that day largely due to Cavan being deflated by that equaliser. Think today that Derry were never coming back after they thought that big Mark had won it for them and the young Cavan lad got the equaliser.  ( big Mark was outstanding btw. (Not much consolation now:(  ) would love to see Cavan in the semis. Adh Mor !!!

mylestheslasher

Super game of football, best that I've seen this year. Hard luck to Derry - a very decent people indeed. I thought we were the better team on the day and deserved the win but a penalty would have made a different game out of it. Saying that I though ye got some very handy frees in the last quarter. Onwards and upwards for Cavan, what a year for us so far.

sbw

We're you one of the booing Cavan supporters ? Bad habit you guys have developed I thought I was in the brandywell at one stage  ;)

Westside

Ah here, even Brolly said it was a pleasure to be sitting among the Cavan support! McIvor is fairly bitter..

Serious heart shown by the lads, dug it out in normal time without Clarke, Givney, Mackey or Dunne on the field. Amazing.

sbw

Mcivor is bitter alright but he made some bad calls also and overall the referee made good and bad calls both ways we got a few easy ones for sure. Cavan deserved to win no doubt , good luck for next round and the round after