Dancing

Started by Olly, July 11, 2013, 09:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

Does anyone here like dancing? If so, what kind of dancing do you do?

a) at weddings
b) at discos
c) in your house

Is it ok for a man to dance? John Wayne said no.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Orior

I am currently perfecting my own version of Beyonce's "Put a Ring on It"

Might do it at half time for entertainment on Saturday if Armagh already have the game won.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Eamonnca1

Bit of a strange question. If it wasn't okay for a man to dance it'd be a bit hard to do any kind of partner dance.

Olly

A real man though.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

armaghniac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 11, 2013, 10:16:52 PM
Bit of a strange question. If it wasn't okay for a man to dance it'd be a bit hard to do any kind of partner dance.

Eamonn, you'll have to get with the times, "partners" can be of the same sex nowadays in many places.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Olly on July 11, 2013, 10:20:15 PM
A real man though.

Precisely my point. It takes a real man to dance. Any eejit can be a wallflower.

southdown

I'm glad someone raised this. 

I was sober at a wedding, once, and my Ma asked me to dance.  I couldn't say no to her.  Hadn't a clue what to do.  "Just jive" she said, and still I was useless. 

This is the type of thing you need to pick up as you get older.

Eamonnca1

To answer your question, I'm into salsa, merengue, a little bit of bachata, and if they play a cha-cha-cha song I'll dance to that too.  I used to do Lambada years ago but nowadays I'm getting into a more evolved flavour of lambada called zouk. Zouk uses the same music as a dance called Kizomba which I've dabbled in, but I prefer zouk.

If I'm at a wedding or family gathering I'll get up and waltz, a handy thing to know when your aunts and cousins are around.  If you know the Electric Slide then that can come in useful too, you can do it to merengue music if you like.

As for John Wayne, if he really said that then his head was cut. My experience of people who say "men shouldn't dance" is that they can't dance themselves, wish they could, and begrudge the ones who can.

Asal Mor

David Mitchell rants about Strictly Come Dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZIyoMi4CE

Hardy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 25, 2013, 01:20:03 AM
As for John Wayne, if he really said that then his head was cut. My experience of people who say "men shouldn't dance" is that they can't dance themselves, wish they could, and begrudge the ones who can.

That's spot on. But still - men shouldn't dance. It's not manly.

Is anyone else like me? I have a mortal dread of being asked to dance at weddings and stuff. Sometimes "I don't dance" just seems rude, but it's not as bad as five minutes of mortification, not knowing where to put your feet, hands or eyes. And you can't even cover it with conversation because of the decibel level. Worse still, the fella beside you asks your wife to dance. What do you do - volunteer for the five minutes of awkward stumbling with his wife or just sit there?

johnneycool

Quote from: Hardy on July 25, 2013, 08:26:38 AM

Is anyone else like me? I have a mortal dread of being asked to dance at weddings and stuff. Sometimes "I don't dance" just seems rude, but it's not as bad as five minutes of mortification, not knowing where to put your feet, hands or eyes. And you can't even cover it with conversation because of the decibel level. Worse still, the fella beside you asks your wife to dance. What do you do - volunteer for the five minutes of awkward stumbling with his wife or just sit there?

Give her a few pelvic thrusts and see what the reaction is, you never know??   8)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on July 25, 2013, 08:26:38 AM

Is anyone else like me? I have a mortal dread of being asked to dance at weddings and stuff. Sometimes "I don't dance" just seems rude, but it's not as bad as five minutes of mortification, not knowing where to put your feet, hands or eyes. And you can't even cover it with conversation because of the decibel level. Worse still, the fella beside you asks your wife to dance. What do you do - volunteer for the five minutes of awkward fumbling with his wife or just sit there?

Fixed that for you, a bit of horizontal dancing :-*

Mayo4Sam

I'd say its alright dancing with ur own missus, she knows you're shite, she signed up for this, its her own fault. A lot of times u can nearly end up coming up with something that works for you.
Its the poor girl thats unawares that shes about to get 12 stone on her feet for the next 5 minutes and you're too mortified to even look her in the eye that I feel sorry for

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Eamonnca1

If it doesn't look manly then you're not doing it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ6nEst56Uw