Leitrim v Armagh

Started by illdecide, July 01, 2013, 09:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 14, 2013, 02:55:27 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 14, 2013, 02:51:35 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 14, 2013, 09:19:05 AM
From a Cavan perspective Armagh are the team I want to avoid in the draw, feckin sick of playing the same teams.
In fairness Cavan running out of road not many sides they can beat in round three.

Likewise, the Division 4 teams won't be in the draw for Armagh in the next round

Just need to avoid Tyrone and maybe Derry and i think Armagh will be set for London (Division four team) in round four.

Orior

Sometimes you would feel sorry for a keeper who lets in 8 goals.

but after seeing him take a swing at Aaron in the second half, then i hope the Leitrim keeper is still hurting. Gimp.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Tyrone are the best in the draw, but I'd would imagine Kildare are a good as Derry.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armaghgeddon

I would like to have Cavan again but if we do manage to beat Cavan the second time round the team may feel they have redeemed themselves and it may reduce the teams desire to push on.

Kildare are a team still out to prove something.

Tyrone would beat Armagh

Laois/Galway/Wexford would be a good draw for Armagh.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 14, 2013, 03:03:18 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on July 14, 2013, 02:55:27 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 14, 2013, 02:51:35 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 14, 2013, 09:19:05 AM
From a Cavan perspective Armagh are the team I want to avoid in the draw, feckin sick of playing the same teams.
In fairness Cavan running out of road not many sides they can beat in round three.

Likewise, the Division 4 teams won't be in the draw for Armagh in the next round

Just need to avoid Tyrone and maybe Derry and i think Armagh will be set for London (Division four team) in round four.

Has to be London so ( providing they don't pull off a miracle) treble of Divison 4 teams

Syferus

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 14, 2013, 03:43:18 PM
I would like to have Cavan again but if we do manage to beat Cavan the second time round the team may feel they have redeemed themselves and it may reduce the teams desire to push on.

Tyrone would beat Armagh

I could see Armagh losing to every single one of those on their days. Even Galway will have to have some manner of bite in them before they exit the championship. Very few easy draws for anyone in R3 and any complacency by favourites will be punished.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Syferus on July 14, 2013, 03:56:17 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on July 14, 2013, 03:43:18 PM

Tyrone would beat Armagh

I could see Armagh losing to every single one of those on their days. Even Galway will have to have some manner of bite in them before they exit the championship. Very few easy draws for anyone in R3 and any complacency by favourites will be punished.

Just like Armagh could beat them on their day. This is where everything evens out, games are getting harder to call now.

armaghniac

QuoteI could see Armagh losing to every single one of those on their days. Even Galway will have to have some manner of bite in them before they exit the championship. Very few easy draws for anyone in R3 and any complacency by favourites will be punished.

A team beaten by Cavan  has no business being complacent. Beating Wicklow or Leitrim doesn't do anything to redeem that, whatever the score.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on July 14, 2013, 04:03:32 PM
QuoteI could see Armagh losing to every single one of those on their days. Even Galway will have to have some manner of bite in them before they exit the championship. Very few easy draws for anyone in R3 and any complacency by favourites will be punished.

A team beaten by Cavan  has no business being complacent. Beating Wicklow or Leitrim doesn't do anything to redeem that, whatever the score.

Armagh going in the right direction. But their fans need to have perspective ( for the moment).

NaomhBridAbĂș

Am happy to see Armagh move forward but perspective has been lost a bit..in the same way Tyrone's beating of Offaly didnt elevate them to potential champions....great to see gene mcv score goals for fun...entertaining for armagh men at least
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

naka

Most Armagh fans know we are outside the top 10 at present but we should still target the quarters
If we avoid Derry,Kildare and Tyrone then I can see us having a chance next week
A home game would be a great bonus
If we get through  next week I would hope to avoid cork and would see Meath as a good test to see where we are in the developement

Itchy

Are Armagh the most fickle fans in Ireland? I think so. Now ye want Cavan in the next round, a team that handed ye your arses on a plate! Some of yis still can't accept that ye were bet by a better team. I wanted to avoid Armagh just to have a change of scenery but you know maybe id like to see is beat yis again just to watch some of yis abuse your manager again.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Itchy on July 14, 2013, 06:36:35 PM
Are Armagh the most fickle fans in Ireland? I think so. Now ye want Cavan in the next round, a team that handed ye your arses on a plate! Some of yis still can't accept that ye were bet by a better team. I wanted to avoid Armagh just to have a change of scenery but you know maybe id like to see is beat yis again just to watch some of yis abuse your manager again.

Want Cavan now.

J OGorman

Quote from: naka on July 14, 2013, 06:30:20 PM
Most Armagh fans know we are outside the top 10 at present but we should still target the quarters
If we avoid Derry,Kildare and Tyrone then I can see us having a chance next week
If we get through  next week I would hope to avoid cork and would see Meath as a good test to see where we are in the developement

Rd 3 games not held in a 'neutral' venue? Home tie would be the ticket all the same

Captain Obvious

Quote from: J OGorman on July 14, 2013, 07:03:48 PM
Quote from: naka on July 14, 2013, 06:30:20 PM

Rd 3 games not held in a 'neutral' venue? Home tie would be the ticket all the same

First out will get a home tie. Round four will be neutral venue.