Leitrim v Armagh

Started by illdecide, July 01, 2013, 09:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santino

Gonna be in Scotland this wkend. Is there anywhere streaming the match online, or even online radio coverage? Thanks

Syferus

Quote from: Santino on July 11, 2013, 05:31:26 PM
Gonna be in Scotland this wkend. Is there anywhere streaming the match online, or even online radio coverage? Thanks

Willie Hergarty hasn't much on this weekend and has been know to moonlight as the Lovelies' commentator ;)

Shanonside should have you covered for the match.. unless it clashes with Longford-Wexford?

Olly

Up Leitrim. My family originate in Drumshambo. In fact, my grandfather was the last Dracula from Drumshambo.

Despite being called the wee county, it is actually the 26th largest.

Here are other things :

Seamus Quinn won an All Star in 1994. He didn't win a hurling one though.
Packie McGarty won a place on the Connacht Team of the Millennium. He also made it onto Owen McCrohan's reserve team of Patricks for a St Patrick's Day thing.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Itchy

Its not called the wee county, that's Louth. Leitrim will win this game.

Olly

It's called the wee county in my house.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Itchy

Maybe they are all thick in your house?

Olly

Say it to my face you fraud.

rodney trotter

Hard to see Leitrim getting the win. The game is in Carrick and that's obviously a help, but I don't think they have enough without Mulligan. Couldn't get past London over 2 games for a place in a Connacht final. Losing 4 players before the London game through discipline was an huge loss for a small County like Leitrim.

They should put it up to Armagh but can't see them winning. Armagh by 3.

Itchy

How do I say it to your face?
No one in Leitrim refers to it as the wee county, I've lived on the border of it and Cavan all my life and never heard that.

Olly

My friend is from Leitrim and he says it's a wee county. I suggest you retract it.

Aaron Boone

Louth is the wee county. Leitrim's nickname rarely sought after, RTE have settled on Ridge County.

Syferus

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 11, 2013, 10:52:44 PM
Louth is the wee county. Leitrim's nickname rarely sought after, RTE have settled on Ridge County.

It's Lovely Leitrim, lad.

omagh_gael

I am with Olly on this, I went to Uni with a guy from Carrick and he used to talk about going home to the 'wee' county when he was heading back to Ireland from Liverpool.

BennyCake

Leitrim was "a mistake", according to Dustin.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2013, 10:55:01 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 11, 2013, 10:52:44 PM

It's Lovely Leitrim, lad.

Tell RTE then 'lad'.