Roscommon vs. Tyrone AIQ R2: Yes, again.

Started by Syferus, July 01, 2013, 08:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best hairstyle?

Sean Cavanagh
7 (35%)
Senan Kilbride
6 (30%)
Joe McMahon
7 (35%)
Paddy Joe Burke
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 20

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on July 04, 2013, 12:05:24 AM
Quote from: muppet on July 03, 2013, 08:23:20 PM
Ros will win this.

pourquoi?

That post was not meant for either Tyronies or indeed any sane person.

Ros will win this.

Here Rossfan and Syferus. A big Rhubarb to clutch at.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2013, 02:22:58 PM
Any word on an oul' teameen at all?

Going by the crap in Prentypark I'd be bold and go with -

Darrenín O'Malley,
Seanín Mac, Collins, Seanín Purcell,
Carty, Ianín Kilbride, one of the Dalys
           Finnín, Cathalín Shine
Keenan, Karlín Mannion, Conorín Devaney
Colín Compton, Donín Shine, Donín Smith

On a diet?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on July 05, 2013, 12:52:41 AM
Last time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qaF7Uh5GuM

It's all been a ruse, O'Neill.

We didn't play the second half the last two years just to tee you up for Sarurday. Some people don't believe in long-term planning but the Rossies are tough nuts.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2013, 12:55:35 AM
Some people don't believe in long-term planning but the Rossies are tough nuts.

Indeed, though I believe it's a 10-year planning cycle! Sorry. ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

nrico2006

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 04, 2013, 08:59:58 PM
Was hoping McBride would get another go -thought he did ok last week though it was difficult game to judge him on. Would have rather got another look at him ahead of McKenna or McGinley.

Disappointed in the team myself, McBride should have retained his place and Penrose seems to be an automatic starter these days irrelevant of performance.  As mentioned before, the main problem we have is in our forward line.  Penrose isn't going to do a lot of damage neither is McGinley.  Big question marks over Mark Donnelly as well.  Would rather have seen Lafferty, Coney and O'Neill in there, all 3 are scoring machines.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 05, 2013, 09:13:13 AM
Was hoping McBride would get another go -thought he did ok last week though it was difficult game to judge him on. Would have rather got another look at him ahead of McKenna or McGinley.

Disappointed in the team myself, McBride should have retained his place and Penrose seems to be an automatic starter these days irrelevant of performance.  As mentioned before, the main problem we have is in our forward line.  Penrose isn't going to do a lot of damage neither is McGinley.  Big question marks over Mark Donnelly as well.  Would rather have seen Lafferty, Coney and O'Neill in there, all 3 are scoring machines.

Sore on Penrose. Against Offaly he seemed to play much further forward than usual, winning the ball played in low in front and laying off to the two youngsters either side of him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone86

If you're suggesting that, I'd ask how many games have you been at this year?

God14

I'd have Penrose at 5 or 7.
Push Sean Cavanagh into 14.

Disappointed in the line up also. Was hoping McBride would get another chance at 3. I would have thought that Mickey would be using these games to address the issues from the previous defeats, namely lack of a target man & over dependence in the short ball game. Stubborn man.

nrico2006

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 05, 2013, 09:43:34 AM

If you're suggesting that, I'd ask how many games have you been at this year?

The only game really this year that has counted was the Donegal game and he didn't do much to be honest, as was the case in the big games over the past few seasons too.  He had a good league this year, but as everyone likes to say its a different game come championship.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omagh_gael

Incredibly hard on Mark Donnelly, to be honest there were very little good performances in the Donegal game.

Syferus

Ros team to defeat Tyrone tomorrow:

1. Darren O'Malley

2. Seanie Mc.
3. Niall Carty
4. Neil Collins

5. Paddy Brogan
6. Niall Daly
7. David Keenan

8. Cathal Shine
9. Mango

10. Ian Kilbride
11. Enda Smith
12. Cathal Cregg (c)

13. Donie Smith
14. Donie Shine
15. Colin Compton

David O'Gara, Senan Kilbride, Michael Finneran, Conor Daly, Kevin Higgins and Conor Devaney out.
Ian Kilbride, Enda Smith, Colin Compton, Cathal Shine, Big Donie (little Donie retains his place) and Paddy Brogan in.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2013, 05:56:32 PM

1. Darren O'Malley

2. Seanie Mc.
3. Niall Carty
4. Neil Collins

5. Paddy Brogan
6. Niall Daly
7. David Keenan

8. Cathal Shine
9. Mango

10. Ian Kilbride
11. Enda Smith
12. Cathal Cregg (c)

13. Donie Smith
14. Donie Shine
15. Colin Compton

David O'Gara, Senan Kilbride, Michael Finneran, Conor Daly, Kevin Higgins and Conor Devaney out.
Ian Kilbride, Enda Smith, Colin Compton, Cathal Shine, Big Donie (little Donie retains his place) and Paddy Brogan in.

You would think those two should be starters, injured?

Aaron Boone

Have bad vibes on this one, Roscommon +7 on the handicap is the call.

County teams don't win by 20 points two weeks in a row in gaelic football.

Strange throw-in time as well, the Tyrone dietician will earn his corn as it's between lunch & dinner.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 05, 2013, 06:21:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2013, 05:56:32 PM

1. Darren O'Malley

2. Seanie Mc.
3. Niall Carty
4. Neil Collins

5. Paddy Brogan
6. Niall Daly
7. David Keenan

8. Cathal Shine
9. Mango

10. Ian Kilbride
11. Enda Smith
12. Cathal Cregg (c)

13. Donie Smith
14. Donie Shine
15. Colin Compton

You would think those two should be starters, injured?

Form.

Senan hasn't looked right since his return from Brigid's, perhaps taking a break like Peter Domican would have been better for him but the lad committed to the panel. Not going to lambaste him for being below par, nor should any supporters. Still would have gambled on his talent and experience in a match like this but both Smithies and Compton are U21 players we have high hopes for so the more experience they get the better in the long run.

Finn probably dropped for more mobile options because of what Sean Cavanagh did to us two years ago running down the gut. Hopefully we don't sit back and admire him again this year.