Dublin vs Meath - Leinster Final

Started by Jinxy, June 30, 2013, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea The Stars

I suppose people can interpret the no handshake how they like but to me it doesn't look good and doesn't exactly teach respect to young players watching on.

Hardstation your entitled to your sarcasm but it's not good behaviour and it's not what people like to see.

O'Gara is being accused of biting so people congratulating him for not lashing out aren't correct either. The Meath players gave a bit of mauling after the alleged biting incident took place alright. They seemed very annoyed.

dubsfantom

Quote from: Sea The Stars on July 20, 2014, 10:58:27 PM
I suppose people can interpret the no handshake how they like but to me it doesn't look good and doesn't exactly teach respect to young players watching on.

Hardstation your entitled to your sarcasm but it's not good behaviour and it's not what people like to see.

O'Gara is being accused of biting so people congratulating him for not lashing out aren't correct either. The Meath players gave a bit of mauling after the alleged biting incident took place alright. They seemed very annoyed.

Most of the digs O Gara got happenned before Burke got near him. Try not to reinterpret the tineline to suit you perspective.

INDIANA

Number one- Reilly landed two punches on O Gara to start the row and he never even got bot booked. So he started it.

Number two- O Rourke put out an offensive and silly tweet about Connolly last year. I wouldn't have shaken hands with him either- I might just have landed him one. Maybe if he was as good at goalkeeping as he is at tweeting he'd be further down the road.

Number 3- If someone fish hooks their fingers into your mouth- what are you supposed to do? Its disgusting.

The reality is a lot of this is Just to cover up Meath's most gutless display in modern times.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on July 20, 2014, 11:16:31 PM

Number one- Reilly landed two punches on O Gara to start the row and he never even got bot booked. So he started it.

Number two- O Rourke put out an offensive and silly tweet about Connolly last year. I wouldn't have shaken hands with him either- I might just have landed him one. Maybe if he was as good at goalkeeping as he is at tweeting he'd be further down the road.

Number 3- If someone fish hooks their fingers into your mouth- what are you supposed to do? Its disgusting.

The reality is a lot of this is Just to cover up Meath's most gutless display in modern times.

Not the wording I'd use in the circumstances, Indy :-X

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on July 20, 2014, 11:23:43 PM

Need to get rid of this pious shaking of hands before matches in my view. Its a physical contact sport and we don't have to pretend everyone likes each other

orangeman

Quote from: BartSimpson on July 20, 2014, 08:27:38 PM
It's hard to make out but is he fish-hooking him? Again, this is just a snapshot in time nd doesnt prove anything, Sunday game will be interesting.

That defence was successfully used in last year's semi final to defend a Dublin player in the face of accusations of doing something nasty to the Gooch on the ground if my memory serves me correctly.

Someone might be able to put up a picture of that indecent.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on July 20, 2014, 11:27:29 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 20, 2014, 11:23:43 PM

Need to get rid of this pious shaking of hands before matches in my view. Its a physical contact sport and we don't have to pretend everyone likes each other

I agree. Total bullshit and trying to copy other games. Btw when was this brought in / voted in ? Did it go through congress or did the suits reckon it looks better and improves our product ?.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 20, 2014, 06:34:36 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 20, 2014, 06:03:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 20, 2014, 05:59:23 PM
RTE claiming there are allegations of another biting incident against the Dubs.

Well, the Dubs do take their cue from soccer.

We will get our hands on your lot at some stage, never gets old watching geezer scratching his piles on the line

Good man Sack - how are you keeping? 

Congrats on another Leinster by the way!!   ;) 

Farrandeelin

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 20, 2014, 09:29:56 PM
https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D6FA1A56A81102630691964874752_103a9c92085.3.4.mp4?versionId=0K1_KVpYj2eDS5z2qVIxSKmgJLmebUxG

Sure if they are making the players shake hands before games (i hate it) like the premiership this was bound to happen .

I'm not a fan of it myself. That was the time to start the row...not when the game was over. ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Number 3- If someone fish hooks their fingers into your mouth- what are you supposed to do? Its disgusting.The reality is a lot of this is Just to cover up Meath's most gutless display in modern times.

Worse than disgusting. It s seriously taboo. And the automatic response is to ..... Chomp! I know that s what I d do.

O Dowd has some issues to address - for the time he has left in his job. His judgement there about bringing up the 'biting' is poor judgement. He should have more on his mind. A help to him would be the bould bearded Mickey Burke getting a long suspension. 

Hardy

I'm glad we haven't made the mistake of peaking in July.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 20, 2014, 09:29:56 PM
https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D6FA1A56A81102630691964874752_103a9c92085.3.4.mp4?versionId=0K1_KVpYj2eDS5z2qVIxSKmgJLmebUxG

Sure if they are making the players shake hands before games (i hate it) like the premiership this was bound to happen .

Jesus, when did they start doing this?  Have they been doing it all championship??  How have I missed this?  Connolly doing a Wayne Bridge  8)

Hardy

Provincial finals only, I'm told. I threw up.

orangeman

Quote from: Hardy on July 21, 2014, 09:12:02 AM
Provincial finals only, I'm told. I threw up.

I think I saw it at the league finals earlier in the year too ?

screenexile

f**k that!!

When you go to mark your man you fire him a hand for a quick shake but this organised bullshit is exactly that!