Dublin vs Meath - Leinster Final

Started by Jinxy, June 30, 2013, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Buddha is still carrying a bit of winter condition.
He's too 'nice' for the corner anyway.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Jinxy

Anyone know where the Dubs have their pre-match meals?

Shamrock Shore

Jesus lads. Having Mohammad in at CHB may insult our Muslim contributors here.

Could there be a fatwah issued against some of ye?

I do agree that Buddha has 'wintered well' and needs some major conditioning work.

Is St. Jude not a Dub btw?

AZOffaly

Sure there's a few dubs lined out for Meath over the years. Look at Anthony Moyles.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 01, 2013, 12:18:57 PM
Jesus lads. Having Mohammad in at CHB may insult our Muslim contributors here.

Could there be a fatwah issued against some of ye?

I do agree that Buddha has 'wintered well' and needs some major conditioning work.

Is St. Jude not a Dub btw?

Why? Is he more of a forward? Well the selectors and I are asking him to do a job for the good of the county.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 01, 2013, 12:28:49 PM
Mick O'Dowd should read this,

interesting analysis from Tony McEntee on Dublin..

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/tony-mcentee/tony-mcentee-hold-fire-on-the-applause-its-early-yet-for-dubs-235673.html

"Dublin are indeed impressive but like Donegal, Mayo, Cork and Kerry they have not really had any serious opposition yet."

That must be sickening to read, Dinny.

Mac2

Spillane reckoned if Dublin win the AIF their style of play could become the template for other teams, I doubt it, in fact the opposite most teams would be reluctant to take them on in a straight shoot out, teams will set themselves up more defensively if anything.

yellowcard

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/tony-mcentee/tony-mcentee-hold-fire-on-the-applause-its-early-yet-for-dubs-235673.html

Good article again and Tony McEntee is clearly a great thinker and strategist. Some of his observations are those made by someone who would have to be at the match to comment. It would be a real contrast in styles were Dublin to meet Donegal in the AI final and I would love to have been a fly inside the car of McGuinness and Rory Gallagher on the way home from Croke Park yesterday.

Declan

Good article alright and I thought his observation re the sweeper dropping back was excellent:
Interestingly this wasn't a fixed person but a result of what appears good communication on the field.

Always the sign of a well coached team when lads are given the responsibility to think for themselves.

It will be fascinating to see if O'Dowd does what McEntee did with the minors last year and set up just to restrict the scoring chances from Dublin and not really have any plan to try and win the game.

Royal lads last night were really looking forward to the final and a chance to puncture the Dubs bandwagon

Jinxy

It's the coach bringing them to the match we need to puncture.

Declan

QuoteIt's the coach bringing them to the match we need to puncture.

We might have a spare though Jinxy

Jinxy

No doubt ye do, with all your millions!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: seafoid on July 01, 2013, 12:37:05 PM

"Dublin are indeed impressive but like Donegal, Mayo, Cork and Kerry they have not really had any serious opposition yet."

That must be sickening to read, Dinny.

Na Seafoid, one thing you'll have to admit is that the Kildare posters here are realists, the truth doesn't hurt nor should it. It wasn't an unexpected result.
#newbridgeornowhere