Get Boris to Castlebar

Started by emmetryan, June 30, 2013, 10:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on June 30, 2013, 11:21:19 PM
Quote from: sans pessimism on June 30, 2013, 11:14:44 PM
Not much fun being a rossie in the true home of Connacht football
for the last 20 odd years

Aye, but our record at McHale is much better, thankfully. Looking forward to a third Connacht title in my last four visits in three weeks' time 8)

Admiration for this lads spirit , gawd love the poor divil.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Eamonnca1

Somebody summed up Boris beautifully once.  Most politicians are idiots masquerading as smart people. Boris is the exact opposite.

orangeman

Mayor of London Boris Johnson has praised London's "mightily impressive" victory over Leitrim but says he will be unable to attend the Connacht final in Castlebar.

Mayor Johnson today added his voice to the congratulations for the London footballers, who defeated Leitrim by 2-11 to 1-13 yesterday to reach their first ever Connacht final.

"Huge congratulations to the London team as they continue on with their historic march towards this year's Connacht Senior Football Championship Final," he said in a statement to RTÉ Sport.

Since yesterday, a #GetBorisToCastlebar hashtag has been trending, with growing calls for the Mayor of London to turn up to support his county in the provincial decider.

However Johnson has now declined the chance to attend the final - as yet there has been no firm word on his availability for the qualifiers or quarter finals.

Nevertheless, Mayor Johnson praised London's "mightily impressive' run to date.

"Regardless of the result against Mayo, London can be proud of their mightily impressive achievements this year

"They travel to Castlebar on their momentous quest for victory with best wishes from me and all London fans.

"Go London!"

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on June 30, 2013, 11:02:32 PM
Thatcher would've been a great coup.

I think this is a great opportunity.

We could invite him and then, at the last minute, explain that as guest of honour he is expect to toss his caber in front of the crowd. Then stand back and see what he does. Of course we would have to cheer no matter what he thought it was. Then for the throw in he could be asked to jump with the O'Shea brothers, all ceremonially like. He could also star at half time in the first Annual Boot Bishop Brennan up the Arse memorial. Derek Duggan might have the honour of the boot.

Any other traditions that could be honoured?
MWWSI 2017

johnneycool

Will GSTQ get an airing in Castlebar?

Just wondering like....

passedit

Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2013, 07:13:33 PM

We could invite him and then, at the last minute, explain that as guest of honour he is expect to toss his caber in front of the crowd. Then stand back and see what he does. Of course we would have to cheer no matter what he thought it was. Then for the throw in he could be asked to jump with the O'Shea brothers, all ceremonially like. He could also star at half time in the first Annual Boot Bishop Brennan up the Arse memorial. Derek Duggan might have the honour of the boot.

Be careful what you wish for!
Don't Panic

Count 10

Quote from: passedit on July 02, 2013, 12:19:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 01, 2013, 07:13:33 PM

Be careful what you wish for!

Always reminds me of a blonde Fearon ;)

T Fearon

I would much prefer if you didn't "imagine" me any colour!

Surely if Boris can't make it then his best mate,Ian Og Paisley could deputise!

Dont Matter

Would the english queen not come over for it since we're all best pals now? She could sing the National anthem or even just the first line. They'd have to pause the anthem then for everyone to applaud her for her outstanding acheivment in learning one line. Mary McAleese will faint in shock, WOW.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Denn Forever

Luckily Knock Airport is there.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyCake

Feck Boris Johnson and feck the Queen. All this shite talking is deflecting away from the great achievement from the London team reaching their first Connacht final. Let's talk about that, rather than this mayor/queen bollix!

Orior

Quote from: BennyCake on July 02, 2013, 08:05:33 PM
Feck Boris Johnson and feck the Queen. All this shite talking is deflecting away from the great achievement from the London team reaching their first Connacht final. Let's talk about that, rather than this mayor/queen bollix!

There is a separate thread for that, so get the hell out of here son.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 02, 2013, 07:37:09 PM
Would the english queen not come over for it since we're all best pals now? She could sing the National anthem or even just the first line. They'd have to pause the anthem then for everyone to applaud her for her outstanding acheivment in learning one line. Mary McAleese will faint in shock, WOW.

That's gas! ;D And what's more, it probably would happen too!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

omagh_gael

Is that Plunkett Donaghy Passedit?

muppet

MWWSI 2017