Dublin to Belfast - International ?

Started by manballandall, June 17, 2013, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

Found this hard to swallow myself.
My brother bought a souvenir programme for the All ireland final for my Dad from the year he was born as a birthday present. It was bought online from Croke Park and cost €49. It got it delivered to belfast and the postage cost €29.

he thought that the postage was a bit high so he queried it with Croke only to be told that it was Intenational Postage.?

I mean come on...what chance do we have when croke park, head quarters of the GAA think that Belfast to Dublin is international.

Actually made me laugh but a bit disgruntled also

Shamrock Shore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

That is an An Post/Royal Mail issue, not a GAA one.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 17, 2013, 02:59:53 PM
Bull
An Post rates for Ireland are for the entire island.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/PostalRates/Standard+Post.htm

Well if thats true, then the GAA had no excuse except that they may be trying a fast one to get more money.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

manballandall

Just ahd a look at that link Shamrock and you are right in relation to An post being all ireland...seems Croke are at their lark. The postage shouldnt have cost more than €5...WTF

ardal

Bizarre really. I send stuff home all the time and whilst it takes an age to get through the UK, once it arrives in Dublin / Portlaois it wizzes it's way over that wee line that surrounds the northern 6, but at no additionally cost what's so ever.

Would definitely question the cost; is it the brits trying to raise funds to buy back the wee 26?

Shouldn't this be on the general thread?

manballandall

Quote from: ardal on June 17, 2013, 03:10:25 PM
Bizarre really. I send stuff home all the time and whilst it takes an age to get through the UK, once it arrives in Dublin / Portlaois it wizzes it's way over that wee line that surrounds the northern 6, but at no additionally cost what's so ever.

Would definitely question the cost; is it the brits trying to raise funds to buy back the wee 26?

Shouldn't this be on the general thread?

it should Ardal...apologies