Muineacháin - An Cabháin - El Classico II

Started by babarino, June 16, 2013, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

How many Monaghan v Cavan players were sent off in the Mckenna cup game. Same amount as in the Div 3 league game. 3 Monaghan and 2 Cavan. Pretty clear who the main aggressors are.

I think the Monaghan team is a total dummy team and I expect there will be so many changes to it they will confuse themselves. I also expect Cavan to start with the same team as named as that is our way.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Westside on May 22, 2015, 03:41:12 PM
Should be noted that Wylie had just opened one of our players with a filthy hit when Gearoid allegedly made a comment to him. Of course potentially seriously injuring a lad is just fine and was promptly forgotten about, the Monaghan lads draw the line at verbal abuse though.

O'Reilly and McKiernan seem to be sharing the captaincy.

No it shouldn't 'just be noted' as it's irrelevant in the context. There's no excuse for sectarianism, full stop. Also, it is not alleged, it is fact, otherwise why would he have been banned (with no appeal) and apologised: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/30986450

tommysmith

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 22, 2015, 04:02:09 PM
Should be noted that Wylie had just opened one of our players with a filthy hit when Gearoid allegedly made a comment to him. Of course potentially seriously injuring a lad is just fine and was promptly forgotten about, the Monaghan lads draw the line at verbal abuse though.

No it shouldn't 'just be noted' as it's irrelevant in the context. There's no excuse for sectarianism, full stop. Also, it is not alleged, it is fact, otherwise why would he have been banned (with no appeal) and apologised: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/30986450

Is there any need to be dragging all that up again.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: tommysmith on May 22, 2015, 04:17:32 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 22, 2015, 04:02:09 PM

Is there any need to be dragging all that up again.

You're right Tommy. Nor should the following posts be brought up either as in this case it definitely is alleged:

Quote from: Itchy on May 13, 2015, 11:14:41 PM
Are Monaghan playing any challenge games or are they just concentrating on the drugs at the moment.

Anyhow, I'll leave it at that and focus on the game here forward..

beer baron

Hughes will start on the bench and Walsh will start is the latest on the rumourmill.

Maguire01

The rumour mill is generally full of crap.

Maguire01

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 22, 2015, 04:00:42 PM
How many Monaghan v Cavan players were sent off in the Mckenna cup game. Same amount as in the Div 3 league game. 3 Monaghan and 2 Cavan. Pretty clear who the main aggressors are.
Nonsense. The officials often miss the aggressor and only spot the reaction. 3 vs 2 means nothing.

Maguire01

Quote from: tommysmith on May 22, 2015, 01:57:02 PM
Monaghan will rotate who is on McKiernan and each player will abuse, kick, pull and drag out off him for the entire match.  He won't be allowed settle into game and I think Monaghan will win because of McManus and the fact that they will be much cuter/nastier when push comes to shove.
That sounds like getting the excuses in early.

beer baron

Bingo

To Cavan heads - I see the Cavan Rally is on Sunday (The only rally in Ireland that has a category for pedal propelled cars for local entrants), will this have any impact on match day traffic or is it taking place away from Cavan Town.

Cheers.

beer baron

Sunday will be a big game for Gearoid, he's sure to receive plenty of attention but he's well able for it and is good enough to boss the game. He's at the age now where he should be  proving he's the footballer i believe he is on the big stage.
He had a good league campaign pitching in with plenty of scores and doing some excellent fielding at important times in games but he also drifted in and out of some games also.  I think he could be the deciding factor Sunday (along with how well we contain Mc Manus) he's 14/1 for man of the match on PP and i might have a little tenner on him for an interest.

Westside

I'll not be putting any money on a Cavan midfielder for MOTM until I see a blood test for his marker...

Itchy

Monaghan get more players sent off but that because the ref doesn't see the incident. One of their players is first GAA player caught on steroids yet that shouldn't be brought up. Some craic you boys are.

Jinxy

Quote from: Bingo on May 22, 2015, 05:13:49 PM
To Cavan heads - I see the Cavan Rally is on Sunday (The only rally in Ireland that has a category for pedal propelled cars for local entrants), will this have any impact on match day traffic or is it taking place away from Cavan Town.

Cheers.

I always thought 'Barney Rubble' sounded like a name a Cavan man would have.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Schkite

Quote from: Itchy on May 22, 2015, 06:27:41 PM
Monaghan get more players sent off but that because the ref doesn't see the incident. One of their players is first GAA player caught on steroids yet that shouldn't be brought up. Some craic you boys are.

And yet we shouldn't bring up the sectarian abuse your lad was spouting in the last game, some craic you boys are.

At least we know the details of what happened there, less of your steroids ballix.