Muineacháin - An Cabháin - El Classico II

Started by babarino, June 16, 2013, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: beer baron on May 19, 2015, 09:15:00 PM
Cavan for Sam.

As is the norm before a Championship game i'm getting more confident the closer it gets,been hearing Clerkin's starting instead of Darren Hughes which is a big step down to begin with and could leave us with an extra man after 20 minutes when he  swings an elbow at somebody, think i remember reading somewhere how Clerkin really dislikes Cavan because his father was involved in the management team at one stage and got treated really badly?

It's probably not that elaborate; I'd be confident it's because he hails from the Monaghan side of the Monaghan/Cavan border...

Sledge away re 'supplements' and the likes; it's all just conjecture...  ::)

Main Street

Quote from: Jinxy on May 19, 2015, 10:20:10 PM
Let the sledging begin!
It would be a total waste of energy trying to sledge Cavan players, they are well use to that type of foul, abusive language in Cavan. They hear it every day, from their neighbours, their friends, their family, even from their little sisters.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

beer baron

Quote from: Main Street on May 20, 2015, 02:13:12 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on May 19, 2015, 10:20:10 PM
Let the sledging begin!
It would be a total waste of energy trying to sledge Cavan players, they are well use to that type of foul, abusive language in Cavan. They hear it every day, from their neighbours, their friends, their family, even from their little sisters.

Never a truer post on here

mylestheslasher

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 20, 2015, 01:49:52 PM
Cavan for Sam.

As is the norm before a Championship game i'm getting more confident the closer it gets,been hearing Clerkin's starting instead of Darren Hughes which is a big step down to begin with and could leave us with an extra man after 20 minutes when he  swings an elbow at somebody, think i remember reading somewhere how Clerkin really dislikes Cavan because his father was involved in the management team at one stage and got treated really badly?

No, Clerkin is on record on saying he dislikes Cavan as his father Hugo was a part of Liam Austins backroom team that the Cavan players overthrew. He also recalled a game where he was involved in some argybargy and he got some abuse from the crowd. I read that somewhere, cant remember where.
It's probably not that elaborate; I'd be confident it's because he hails from the Monaghan side of the Monaghan/Cavan border...

Main Street

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 20, 2015, 03:20:39 PM
Cavan for Sam.

No, Clerkin is on record on saying he dislikes Cavan as his father Hugo was a part of Liam Austins backroom team that the Cavan players overthrew. He also recalled a game where he was involved in some argybargy and he got some abuse from the crowd. I read that somewhere, cant remember where.

A cavan man claiming to speak the truth,  as it is recorded, but can't remember where !! ;D
and  manages to get his reply tangled up in misquotes

We don't need to have reasons to dislike Cavan, but sometimes we have reasons (based on experiences) to dislike them with even more intensity.

beer baron

Quote from: Main Street on May 20, 2015, 03:48:09 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 20, 2015, 03:20:39 PM
Cavan for Sam.

A cavan man claiming to speak the truth,  as it is recorded, but can't remember where !! ;D
and  manages to get his reply tangled up in misquotes

We don't need to have reasons to dislike Cavan, but sometimes we have reasons (based on experiences) to dislike them with even more intensity.

There'll be an extra reason come Sunday evening   ;)

charlie linkbox

Quote from: beer baron on May 19, 2015, 10:42:35 PM
Might be needed in town that night if the Monaghan boys head out  ;)

That won't be necessary. We don't feel the need to celebrate routine victories against mediocre also-rans anymore so we won't be hanging around one second longer than it takes to get the job done!

beer baron

Quote from: charlie linkbox on May 20, 2015, 04:11:38 PM
Quote from: beer baron on May 19, 2015, 10:42:35 PM
Might be needed in town that night if the Monaghan boys head out  ;)

That won't be necessary. We don't feel the need to celebrate routine victories against mediocre also-rans anymore so we won't be hanging around one second longer than it takes to get the job done!

I meant for the players if they head out afterwards. Last time a few went out there rumour has it they had no manners and with the size they're sure to be now a sledge hammer'd be useful  :)

mylestheslasher

Monaghan people and manners in the same sentence. Something wrong there. Its like Armagh and teetotal, just wrong

cluaineois

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 20, 2015, 05:20:53 PM
Monaghan people and manners in the same sentence. Something wrong there. Its like Armagh and teetotal, just wrong
Don't think we need a lecture in manners from the breffni bigots.
once your a clone your never alone

Westside

The real story for Sunday coming is the fact that Larry Reilly will be part of the Minor Management.