One Sided games

Started by Wildweasel74, June 16, 2013, 06:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Never seen as many 1 sided games this year!! what so different in division 1 this year from last yr that all the top tier teams are hammering the life out of everybody?

Syferus

Financial doping, in the words of some great man who I can't remember the name of.

EDIT: Wasn't it Mr. Wenger?

From the Bunker

It has a look of becoming like the Hurling Championship where you have a couple of serious contenders and the rest are just spectators! I seriously hope not as the Hurling Championship is an over hyped insular competition!

Ard-Rí

No fear of that, I think. You can go  from being nothing to being the best in about 2 years in football, as we've seen very recently with a couple of teams.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

BluestackBoy

I don't think that any competition which has five or six genuine conterders can be classed as one sided. Granted there is a certain amount of wheat being seperated from chaff at the moment but that happens every year
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Hardy

Quote from: Syferus on June 16, 2013, 06:17:17 PM
Financial doping, in the words of some great man who I can't remember the name of.

EDIT: Wasn't it Mr. Wenger?

The All-Ireland Championship is a lot more competitive than any of the competitions Mr Wenger's company participates in.