Fermanagh v Cavan Ulster Football Championship - Brewster Park, 16th June

Started by Emmett, June 05, 2013, 09:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

FERMANAGH TEAM: Chris Snow, Ederney St Josephs John Woods, Lisnaskea Barry Owens, Teemore Damien Kelly, Tempo Declan McCusker, Ederney  St Josephs Ryan McCluskey (Capt), Enniskillen Gaels Marty O'Brien, Devenish James Sherry, Roslea Marty McGrath, Ederney St Josephs Conor Quigley, Roslea Shane McCabe, Belcoo Ryan Jones, Derrygonnelly Paul Ward, Derrygonnelly Sean Quigley, Roslea Tomas Corrigan, Kinawley

Looks a good Fermanagh side on paper. Great spine with Owens, McCluskey, Sherry, McGrath, McCabe and then Sean Quigley through middle. Could be good day for him, I expect lot of frees and he could cash in. Three Ederney men on team, probably a first. Snow must be impressing in training to keep out Breen in goals. We should get better of them in middle, we did in League game and that was when McKiernan was fit for Cavan. Could rival last week in Casement for quality of game but, all in, I'm quietly confident.

Westside

This is a strong and experienced Fermanagh side. Hard to understand how Cavan are favourites especially with the game in Brewster and a poor Cavan crowd expected. Fermanagh will feel if Owens can keep the shackles on Keating it will go a long way to beating us.

Aaron Boone

Itchy

I think we are favourites. We beat Fermanagh last year on the back of a chaotic season where manager quit midstream, Sean Johnson walked away and got hammered by Donegal. This year the team is much better with A Clarke, Dunne's, Mackey & R Flanagan back in and the u21's of the last years getting used to the senior pace and physicality. I think we have the players and management to win but nothing less than 100% effort and attitude will see us home as we can be damn sure Fermanagh will be going all guns blazing.

theticklemister

rodney trotter

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 13, 2013, 10:21:55 PM
Is it not crazy this match is going on at G8 weekend?

Ulster Council were hoping that the G8 would have the game called off, so they could be compensated from what  I heard. Back fired on them them. Won't be a big crowd Sunday.

seafoid

I hope Cavan can keep up their momentum and chalk up another win. 

rodney trotter

Quote from: Itchy on June 13, 2013, 10:59:30 PM
I think we are favourites. We beat Fermanagh last year on the back of a chaotic season where manager quit midstream, Sean Johnson walked away and got hammered by Donegal. This year the team is much better with A Clarke, Dunne's, Mackey & R Flanagan back in and the u21's of the last years getting used to the senior pace and physicality. I think we have the players and management to win but nothing less than 100% effort and attitude will see us home as we can be damn sure Fermanagh will be going all guns blazing.

Wouldn't say Donegal hammered Cavan last year, they pulled away in the last 15 minutes with a more experienced team. Bud Fitzpatrick was unlucky to miss a goal chance in the first half, hitting the cross bar. A stage when Cavan had been going well. They won by 6, but Cavan put in a good performance.
Ronan Flanagan was on the panel last year  and playing.

Still it will be a tough game Sunday, Shane McCabe is the key player for Fermanagh. Daryl Keenan is a loss, but Sean Quigley is back, missed the league game against Cavan.

mylestheslasher

I hope Cavan fans stop going on about the G8 and get out and support our lads on Sunday. Having to endure a bit of a tail back of traffic is no excuse. FFS these lads are busting their holes training all year and if I can drive for 2 hours to the game then surely to God lads can travel up the road a bit.

theticklemister

tommysmith

I hope Flanagan can get a good early rap at Shane McCabe and quieten down the little mouth piece.

orangeman

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 14, 2013, 10:32:20 AM

Ulster Council were hoping that the G8 would have the game called off, so they could be compensated from what  I heard. Back fired on them them. Won't be a big crowd Sunday.

You serious ?

Crazy if there's any truth in that.

Compensation for what ? Just move it to Clones and no compensation needed ?

rodney trotter

Quote from: orangeman on June 14, 2013, 04:32:39 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on June 14, 2013, 10:32:20 AM

You serious ?

Crazy if there's any truth in that.

Compensation for what ? Just move it to Clones and no compensation needed ?

That's what I have heard from a number of people , Is it a surprise? Ulster Council are a greedy shower of prickls

AQMP

Who were they going to claim compensation off??

Will probably take a run down to this game.  My guess is it'll be fairly tight.  Fermanagh have a decent enough team and by all accounts they're going well under Canavan.  Cavan have a competitive win under their belt.  It'll come down to how well Fermanagh play Dunne and Keating and whether they can generate enough scores.

Heart says Fermanagh but head goes for Cavan by 1 or 2.