Muineachán v Aointrim - USFC QF - 09/06/13

Started by GrandMasterFlash, June 03, 2013, 11:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 09, 2013, 06:39:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2013, 11:44:17 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 09, 2013, 10:08:51 AM
Anyone know if you can take a pushchair into Casement?
yes there are a couple of spots for pushchairs, as you come through the gate (as they will have to open as it wont get through turnstile) the toilets are on your left and the a opening just past that takes you to the pushchair area on left
The one saving grace from the Casement upgrade will be decent bogs.
They were smelling particularly 'fresh' today in that heat! Although Casement is far from alone when it comes to GAA grounds and toilet facilities.

Wildweasel74

g if the highlights there were that hard to watch, making someone watch the live game would been corporal punishment. I feel sorry for Antrim, a number of players are not playing for them. They got to realize its about Antrim football not themselves. Will be always seen as whipping boys to somebody comes in and sorts antrim football from underage up. monaghan were very poor outside of darren hughes, bring that game to cavan / fermanagh, you may lie in the house.

babarino

Best for Monaghan - Gallogly, Darren Hughes, Vinny Corey, Dessie Mone and Owen Lennon (2nd half).

Sean McVeigh was very good for Antrim, an outfit that do seem to be in tatters. Niblock should have gone for goal when he was through that time. That would have made a game of it. 

Ref was awful. It's not his job to even up the contest. Late tackles and he rightly let the game continue, but didn't go back and deal with it when the ball went dead. Then he blew it up when Corey was through on goal.

Glad it's behind us and we can focus on the semi. There's certainly plenty to work on and there'll be no complacency ahead of our next game. Woeful amount of wides.

Main Street

cluaineois

poor showing today, hopefully things will be straightened out for the semi-final which i believe has been fixed for Clones. We wont get away with a performance like that against fermanagh or cavan.
once your a clone your never alone

Jeepers Creepers

Was at it today and came away saying for the umpteenth time I'll never pay in to casement again. It would have Been better Craic protesting outside. Beat by a poor Monaghan side. Antrim made a sunny dry day look treacherous!

Wildweasel74

Any body going to the beach and getting caught in traffic were the lucky one lol

cville

That was absolutely abysmal from an ANTRIM perspective. They had no vision, coordination and, an the end of the day, no BALLS! They were a man up and hadn't a clue how to play the game out. The number of 'turnovers' was appalling. It basically boiled down to a team of inexperienced, inept, passion-less individuals running about embarrassing their county. Really need to go back to the drawing board. But, Spillane hit the nail on the head and the other 31 counties are laughing. Gutless! Mr Dawson .. explain.. if u can?

ck

I watched the BBC2 game earlier and the Sunday game there and I have to say Antrim looked absolutely clueless. They simply looked as if they were happy to keep the score down and lose by a few scores. Their attempt was pathetic in the extreme.
There are better players in Antrim than this mess showed today. Why are Antrim fans not demanding more and why are they not asking questions of Dawson and co after the shambles this year has become?

babarino

Quote from: cville on June 09, 2013, 11:16:53 PM
That was absolutely abysmal from an ANTRIM perspective. They had no vision, coordination and, an the end of the day, no BALLS! They were a man up and hadn't a clue how to play the game out. The number of 'turnovers' was appalling. It basically boiled down to a team of inexperienced, inept, passion-less individuals running about embarrassing their county. Really need to go back to the drawing board. But, Spillane hit the nail on the head and the other 31 counties are laughing. Gutless! Mr Dawson .. explain.. if u can?

I think you're being a bit harsh there. I'm sure the players did their best, but weren't good enough against better, if not quality, opposition. Your manager seems a bit deluded though. Also Antrim lost 3 of their better players after what looks like poor man management. Antrim attacks were snuffed out by physically stronger players. If I was an Antrim supporter I wouldn't gang up on the players.

ck

Quote from: babarino on June 09, 2013, 11:31:50 PM

I think you're being a bit harsh there. I'm sure the players did their best, but weren't good enough against better, if not quality, opposition. Your manager seems a bit deluded though. Also Antrim lost 3 of their better players after what looks like poor man management. Antrim attacks were snuffed out by physically stronger players. If I was an Antrim supporter I wouldn't gang up on the players.

Who suggested ganging up on players?!
The manager has a huge case to answer though. Players not playing for him, others being dropped and more players being brought in weeks before the cship. You couldn't make it up. Then we witness this showpiece today.

orangeman

rodney trotter

Michael and Tomas McCann would have been a big help for Antrim along with Scullion. A few Galls players like CJ McGourty , Aodhan Gallagher ( hemight have retired from co football? they  would have been an improvement on that team today, no harm to the team that played.  Awful game.

babarino

Quote from: ck on June 10, 2013, 12:02:09 AM
Quote from: babarino on June 09, 2013, 11:31:50 PM

Who suggested ganging up on players?!
The manager has a huge case to answer though. Players not playing for him, others being dropped and more players being brought in weeks before the cship. You couldn't make it up. Then we witness this showpiece today.

Original quote suggested players fault. NO BALLS. I don't agree. Rodney Trotter is right - Antrim can't afford to lose good players which is what you've done.

orangeman

Refunds should have be given to the protestors - residents.

Should be some consolation.