Muineachán v Aointrim - USFC QF - 09/06/13

Started by GrandMasterFlash, June 03, 2013, 11:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

Quote from: cluaineois on June 03, 2013, 09:52:05 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 03, 2013, 07:33:57 PM
What's the latest on the Monghan squad? Will Tommy be in contention and what about Dermot Malone?

Tommy back in full training. Malone i think is out injured. Whats the story with the residents beside casement did i read somewhere that they are planning some sort of protest re . the development ?

Heard that they are not interested in futile protests but something called a Judicial Review and European Court of Human Rights after that - apparently the first Concert  would have been Bruce Springstein to sing Darkness On The Edge Of Town but Europe would not let the likes of that happen.
If the money can be held on to - it won't be on Casement.
It would cost a lot of it to get out of Europe.

Onion Bag

These resident are just hanging out for the compensation like the residents of jones rd and around croke park, making a big song and dance about effecting their way of life blah blah blah, they will get a few bob to keep quiet and tickets to all events and that will be the end of it

thats my chest cleared on that matter   :D
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Kidder81

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 05, 2013, 05:22:10 PM
These resident are just hanging out for the compensation like the residents of jones rd and around croke park, making a big song and dance about effecting their way of life blah blah blah, they will get a few bob to keep quiet and tickets to all events and that will be the end of it

thats my chest cleared on that matter   :D

Dead right Onion Bag, they were looking 30 grand each, were told to do one and said they would settle for twelve grand, they aren't getting anything as far as I know. But yeah it's all about the money.

gwan-ye-boy-ya

I see the game isn't live on tv. is anybody streaming on the net ?

drici

drici

babarino

It's not being covered live on TV and hardly being given a mention in the papers and of course this is understandable.  Antrim gave it a good lash in the Ulster Final a couple of years ago and Monaghan were tipped for great things also. Those were the days and we knew they'd end. Today neither side is running with the big dogs, but maybe, just maybe we're waiting in the long grass.

charlie linkbox

Monaghan team:

1. Rory Beggan,
2. Kieran Duffy,
3. Fintan Kelly,
4. Colin Walshe,
5. Dessie Mone,
6. Neil McAdam,
7. Darren Hughes,
8. Owen Lennon,
9. Dick Clerkin.
10. Paul Finlay,
11. Dermot Malone,
12. Eoin Duffy,
13. Christopher McGuinness,
14. Kieran Hughes,
15. Conor McManus

Should be good enough to do the job I reckon, with the added insurance of Tommy Freeman to come off the bench and save our asses like last year should the thing be going tits up.

gwan-ye-boy-ya

nice team. i like hughes in ff. jap out the field. is dick back in form?

charlie linkbox

I'd say Malone will drop back round the half back line/midfield, Kieran Hughes will come out the field a bit and McGuinness and McManus will be the two men inside.

Dick wasn't tara in the league final but I think he's still worth a starting spot. We're short on muscle round the middle. Give him 45 or 50 minutes and then if we're in trouble take him off, move Darren Hughes to midfield and put Wylie or Corey on.

It's a grand team though. There's a bit of depth to the bench now too: Drew Wylie (who I'd have started), Vinny Corey, Gavin Doogan (is he fit?), Tommy Freeman.

Gold

Antrim team (pretty decent and one that would have stayed in Div 3). Difficulty is that they havent played together much recently:

1 Chris Kerr Naomh Gall

2 Kevin O'Boyle Clann na hEireann
3 Ricky Johnston Ciceam Creagan
4 Andy McClean Naomh Gall

5 Sean Kelly Naomh Gall
6 Justin Crozier Clann na hEireann
7 Patrick McBride Naomh Eoin

8 Sean McVeigh Naomh Uile
9 Marty Johnston Ciceam Creagan

10 Anthony Healy Naomh Gall
11 Paddy Cunningham Lamh Dhearg
12 Mark Sweeney Naomh Brid

13 Michael Pollock Naomh Gall
14 Kevin Niblock Naomh Gall
15 Brendan Herron Lamh Dhearg
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Ard-Rí

I'm afraid I can only see this going against the Dál Riata boyos.
Monaghan by 6+
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Olly

My mother said she baby-sat Sean McGreevy and said that he must be 55-57 now.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Sleater

I'll be surprised if the Monaghan team starts as lined out. Sure Malone injured his knee in the league final and has been more or less struggling with injuries since the McKenna cup final too. I didn't think he is/was fully fit. Make no mistake, he's worth his place when fully fit, but question is , if he is that.

I still think Kelly and Duffy in defence are somewhat shakey. Kelly has been a decent find this year but is prone to the odd moment of rash decision making. Duffy is a bit of an undisciplined tackler, arm acrosss the shoulder type thing. I think Walshe will play half back where he's been superb all year.

Dick's form has been very hit and miss. His work rate is not what it was of 2/3 years ago. Also the team suffers when Dick gets too focused on his personal 'battle' with his opposite number e.g. v Sean Cavanagh in McKenna cup or v Marty McGrath in Enniskillen.

AQMP

Quote from: Gold on June 05, 2013, 11:19:29 PM
Antrim team (pretty decent and one that would have stayed in Div 3). Difficulty is that they havent played together much recently:

1 Chris Kerr Naomh Gall

2 Kevin O'Boyle Clann na hEireann
3 Ricky Johnston Ciceam Creagan
4 Andy McClean Naomh Gall

5 Sean Kelly Naomh Gall
6 Justin Crozier Clann na hEireann
7 Patrick McBride Naomh Eoin

8 Sean McVeigh Naomh Uile
9 Marty Johnston Ciceam Creagan

10 Anthony Healy Naomh Gall
11 Paddy Cunningham Lamh Dhearg
12 Mark Sweeney Naomh Brid

13 Michael Pollock Naomh Gall
14 Kevin Niblock Naomh Gall
15 Brendan Herron Lamh Dhearg

I would presume that Niblock and Cunningham will swap positions and either Sweeney or Healy will go in as a sweeper with Herron coming out to the 40 or as an extra midfielder??  Work the ball in close, draw a free and hope PC knocks them over!?! 8)