New League and Championship Format

Started by Dont Matter, June 02, 2013, 06:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dont Matter

The greatest idea of all times but I can't explain it well enough. Either that or ye're all dummies or that the idea isn't that great. Or maybe I'm a genious who's way ahead of his time. I'll stick with that.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 02, 2013, 09:02:18 PM
maybe I'm a genious who's way ahead of his time

I think that's the most likely reason

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on June 02, 2013, 09:05:30 PM

Damn straight me aul Dublin pal. Surely the Dubs have their gift wrapped All Ireland in the bag this year?
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 02, 2013, 09:18:22 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 02, 2013, 09:05:30 PM

Surely the Dubs have their gift rapped All Ireland in the bag this year?

Dont Matter

:D
I hear the Dubs do be listenin to that lad while sniffin coke out in Coppers. VIP section naturally.
Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 02, 2013, 09:24:55 PM
I hear the Dubs do be listenin to that lad while sniffin coke out in Coppers. VIP section naturally.

More posts from Dont Matter, hang those who say less

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on June 02, 2013, 09:27:37 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on June 02, 2013, 09:24:55 PM

More posts from Dont Matter, hang those who say less

Whass the bleeeedin proBlem? Reckkin me buzzz mannnnn.

Peter Quinn

Captain Obvious

If a change is that complicated lets stick to the current format.

Dont Matter

It's not complicated, you're all just idiots.
Peter Quinn

Qwerty28

Don't you know change is bad?!!

In fairness, there's no harm in coming up with alternatives to a system that is so lob-sided and becoming predicable at provincial level anyway where gap seems to be growing....

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thewobbler

I know you mean well.

But you're forgetting the basic rule behind what makes something worth winning: i.e. that everyone else wants to win it too.

All you are doing with this concept is ensuring that a lot of football would be played that players wouldn't care about, and spectators wouldn't attend.

I've a very simple theory behind what do with the national leagues. Until managers and players stop treating it like a second rate competition, then administrators, sponsors and spectators should treat it like a second  rate competition. So it will either rise from the ashes, or simply disappear. With the former it's a good thing as the football would be worth watching. With the latter it's a good thing, as the club game would get stronger. Any artificial resuscitation methods though should be ignored.

Dont Matter

Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2013, 10:16:33 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on June 02, 2013, 10:01:24 PM

I understand it.

Well I knew you would. Whoever's in charge of the education system in all the other counties should be ashamed of themselves.
There's never been a Laois Taoiseach because all you fools don't recognise intelligence.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: thewobbler on June 02, 2013, 10:29:35 PM
I know you mean well.

But you're forgetting the basic rule behind what makes something worth winning: i.e. that everyone else wants to win it too.

All you are doing with this concept is ensuring that a lot of football would be played that players wouldn't care about, and spectators wouldn't attend.

I've a very simple theory behind what do with the national leagues. Until managers and players stop treating it like a second rate competition, then administrators, sponsors and spectators should treat it like a second  rate competition. So it will either rise from the ashes, or simply disappear. With the former it's a good thing as the football would be worth watching. With the latter it's a good thing, as the club game would get stronger. Any artificial resuscitation methods though should be ignored.

Under my proposal the National league would include the Provincial championships. Everyone wants to win their Provincial championships.
If you lose in your Province, you still have the back up of playing league matches in your division and getting ready for the All Ireland championship.
Peter Quinn

laoislad

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 02, 2013, 10:34:33 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2013, 10:16:33 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on June 02, 2013, 10:01:24 PM

I understand it.

Well I knew you would. Whoever's in charge of the education system in all the other counties should be ashamed of themselves.
There's never been a Laois Taoiseach because all you fools don't recognise intelligence.

Nope but there has been a Laois Pope,and a Durrow one at that!
http://www.irishtimes.com/the-laois-man-who-was-elected-pope-1.1320246
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.