Coalisland - Best Parkers in Ireland

Started by ONeill, May 28, 2013, 11:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

'Not a single parking ticket' issued in Coalisland

NO parking tickets were issued over a three-year period in a Co Tyrone town, it has emerged.

Information released in reponse to a question by DUP MLA Lord Morrow, revealed that no parking penalities were issued in Coalisland, while Fivemiletown had more than 200 from 2010 to 2012.

"Coalisland is the next largest populated town in the Borough of Dungannon and South Tyrone - second only to Dungannon itself - yet amazingly not a single ticket was issued in past three years," said the Fermanagh and South Tyrone MLA.

"By comparison, Fivemiletown has a considerably lower population but appears to have a disproportionate number of parking tickets.

"Motorists who have received tickets could be forgiven for assuming that parking in some of our towns is not enforced whilst in other towns can be over-zealous.

"I am looking forward to the Minister's replies to my follow-up questions in relation to this alarming disparity. Communities need to be assured that parking is enforced in an equitable manner," the DUP peer added

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/not-a-single-parking-ticket-issued-in-coalisland-1-5134785
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

u be a brave man to issue a ticket there i tell u, must be no bonus scheme running for the number if cars ticketed in that area. nothing like motivation to issue parking tickets

ONeill

I heard there was a boy clamped a while ago. He managed to de-clamp it and head back into the pub.

orangeman

I'd be through it regular and I have to say that there is never an issue with illegal parking.

All law abiding citizens.

Tony Baloney

Why doesn't Morrow just say what he is thinking - the good, law-abiding (or not) Prods of Fivemiletown are being discriminated against.

ONeill

Quote from: orangeman on May 28, 2013, 11:44:24 PM
I'd be through it regular and I have to say that there is never an issue with illegal parking.

All law abiding citizens.

Exactly. People from rough areas like Fivemiletown should be bused in to observe the self-control of Coalisland motorists going about their daily business. A beacon.

Hereiam

I know one traffic warden that has a soft spot for prodmiletown  ;D

ziggysego

Those Coalisland ones are crafty, parking their cars in Fivemiletown and getting bused home.
Testing Accessibility

BennyCake

I'd heard that Dungannon Council (or whoever is/was in charge of the traffic wardens) were told there would be no traffic wardens in Coalisland. That was a few years ago too. There still isn't.

Let's just say you need to have your wits about you driving in Coalisland. You see plenty of the "nose in, ass out" there. But its actually refreshing to see that disregard towards those bollixes in authority. That's what I like about the town.

Long may they continue to stick two fingers up to authority.

LeoMc

Judging by their accents there were a few Coalisland lads tried to park themselves up on the scaffolding beside the "TV studio" in Ballybofey.
Officials weren't afraid to move them on. :)

orangeman

Quote from: LeoMc on May 29, 2013, 08:45:41 AM
Judging by their accents there were a few Coalisland lads tried to park themselves up on the scaffolding beside the "TV studio" in Ballybofey.
Officials weren't afraid to move them on. :)

They were only taking refuge from the rain and adhered to all Heath and safety regulations.

Billys Boots

Reminds me of my great-aunt's husband - a Garda all his life, whose proud death-bed boast was that he'd never arrested anyone!!!  :o
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

tyrone girl

Sure who is gonna issue these parking tickets? There are no traffic wardens in coalisland or am i missing something?

johnneycool

Quote from: tyrone girl on May 29, 2013, 10:29:48 AM
Sure who is gonna issue these parking tickets? There are no traffic wardens in coalisland or am i missing something?

The point.

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on May 29, 2013, 10:46:52 AM
Quote from: tyrone girl on May 29, 2013, 10:29:48 AM

The point.

::) ;D