CSFC SF - Money v London

Started by theticklemister, May 28, 2013, 11:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

The last time Mayo played Letrim in a Connacht Final in Hyde Park...........I still shudder.

The highlight of the day for me was meeting a fanatical Mayo fan from the Errif Valley (RIP) who had been released from Mountjoy that morning and thumbed a lift down to Roscommon for the match. I think he got a stipend for a train ticket upon his release but used the cash for porter instead.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Heard that alright.
Probably be all sorted out by next week?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on May 29, 2013, 04:51:36 PM
It's amazing that people were taking 'all' this money that we get from four 'big days' for granted when we were playing a sport where results are as changeable as the wind. Don't build your house on quicksand and then complain then the floor caves in.

What should they do - free admission and get some rich Arab to fund GAA activities  :o :o

Lord give me patience  :-[

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 29, 2013, 05:56:12 PM
It's amazing that people were taking 'all' this money that we get from four 'big days' for granted when we were playing a sport where results are as changeable as the wind. Don't build your house on quicksand and then complain then the floor caves in.

What should they do - free admission and get some rich Arab to fund GAA activities  :o :o

We're lucky you're not going to be out on the field right next month because you're missing every point.

It'd make a mockery of Benny and Dugdale if they dropped the players and took them back before a single match was played. London's chances just improved significantly as McKeon is Leitrim's best back and Thomas Beirne is perhaps their second most important forward half-back, they had high hopes for Conor Beirne too but he doesn't seem to have started the last day. How Beirne got MotM against New York when Mulligan scored the better part of 20 points is beyond me.

theticklemister

Quote from: Syferus on May 29, 2013, 06:53:29 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 29, 2013, 05:56:12 PM

We're lucky you're not going to be out on the field right next month because you're missing every point.

It'd make a mockery of Benny and Dugdale if they dropped the players and took them back before a single match was played. London's chances just improved significantly as McKeon is Leitrim's best back and Beirne is their second most important forward. How Beirne got MotM against New York when Mulligan scored almost 20 points is beyond me.

Rossfan are ye wan of those coaches who won't let the wains train if they did not bring their 2 euro?

Rossfan

We don't have wains around here tickle  ;)
We have gasúns and girlíns and thankfully for them and everyone else I don't train anyone.

I hear there was porther involved in Laythrum.
We had a similar situation in 2003 - then the lads got back on the panel as we had our best run ever in the Qualifiers.
To paraphrase Jaic Ó Conchúir - ya can't bate a few scoops and an oul ban before the Championship ;D

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 29, 2013, 07:13:54 PM
We have gasúns and girlíns and thankfully for them and everyone else I don't train anyone.

We had a similar situation in 2003 - then the lads got back on the panel as we had our best run ever in the Qualifiers.
To paraphrase Jaic Ó Conchúir - ya can't bate a few scoops and an oul ban before the Championship ;D

You must be fierce upset about Leitrim sabotaging your hopes for a big ticket final. Do they have any shame at all?

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on May 29, 2013, 07:31:03 PM

You must be fierce upset about Leitrim sabotaging your hopes for a big ticket final. Do they have any shame at all?
Only thing that upsets me is the bucketfuls of total sh1te you spout here  :-* :-*

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 29, 2013, 07:44:52 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 29, 2013, 07:31:03 PM

Only thing that upsets me is the bucketfuls of total sh1te you spout here  :-* :-*

Imagine the nightmare scenario for you, Ros v London at McHale Park, the sweat off the backs of many fine Ros men going to pay off the debt on the Prenty Bowl. Of course according to you there would only be about five souls at the match so they'd still have trouble making July's interest payment.