The Irish Army

Started by EC Unique, May 28, 2013, 09:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count 10

They are all away to Achill to prepare for the invasion of the EDL...looking for the Achill Islamists ;)

EC Unique

Quote from: Count 10 on May 28, 2013, 10:48:42 AM
They are all away to Achill to prepare for the invasion of the EDL...looking for the Achill Islamists ;)

Read that one too. Could not make it up! lol..

Orior

There are a few old timers from our village (in the occupied six) that were in the Irish Army in the 50's.

I asked one of them if they were ever on overseas operations. He said yes, they went on a trip to Lourdes.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Pangurban

Are you idiots too young to have heard of the Congo or Lebanon

michaelg

As a pal of mine used to say when he didn't want something when you asked him a question "Just like the Irish Army, no tanks"

Hardy

WeeDonns

Technically, is it an army?
I remember reading somewhere that it's not, its the Irish Defense Force and that soldiers going on peacekeeping tours are technically committing treason by going AWOL and abandoning their posts.

Hardy

Quote from: WeeDonns on May 29, 2013, 11:28:45 AM
I remember reading somewhere that it's not, its the Irish Defense Force

The Defence Forces consist of the Army (officially designated as such) Navy and Air Corps.

Quoteand that soldiers going on peacekeeping tours are technically committing treason by going AWOL and abandoning their posts.

I never heard that before.

AZOffaly

I think that might be a mixing up of the situation with regard to Irish Soldiers who enlisted in the British Army during the second world war. As serving Irish Soldiers, they were effectively going AWOL and defecting to another sovereign army, which is probably treacherous by definitiion, if not really seen as such given the circumstances. It was recently enough that these men were given official 'pardons' for their desertions.

EC Unique

Quote from: Pangurban on May 28, 2013, 08:37:22 PM

Peace keeping missions are one thing but guarding a tanker full of diesel from the boyos is a completely different level. ;D

NAG1

Quote from: EC Unique on May 29, 2013, 01:34:20 PM
Quote from: Pangurban on May 28, 2013, 08:37:22 PM

Peace keeping missions are one thing but guarding a tanker full of diesel from the boyos is a completely different level. ;D

Is there any confirmation yet that the tanker was empty leaving the barracks?  :D

muppet

Quote from: WeeDonns on May 29, 2013, 11:28:45 AM
I remember reading somewhere that it's not, its the Irish Defense Force and that soldiers going on peacekeeping tours are technically committing treason by going AWOL and abandoning their posts.

You are confusing that with Fianna Fáil.
MWWSI 2017

Dougal Maguire

I think the real story here is the arrogance of the oil barons who are involved in fuel laundering and the fact that the believe themselves to be untouchable
Careful now

muppet

Quote from: Count 10 on May 28, 2013, 10:48:42 AM

I think I found their HQ:

MWWSI 2017