The Wicklow Vales For Meath (15/06/2013)

Started by thejuice, May 27, 2013, 11:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

QuoteTHE WICKLOW VALES

Oh brightly beams the summer sun
On fair lands far away,
A garb of green the valleys wear
Where silvery streamlets stray

But boyhood's home I'll ae'er to forget.
Tho' dark my fate may be,
Where'er I roam, my Irish home
The Wicklow vales for me

There's music in the leafy woods-.
And 'mid the rocky bills ;
The rolling stones that follow fast,
The leaping, rippling rills.

And sunshine dances round the door,
As midday, wild with glee,
And proudly stand the mountains grand,
The Wicklow vales for me .

Amidst these bills the steel was heard,
And Music's martial strain,
When patriots sought to make our Isle
A nation once again.

The outlaw bold, the eagle wild,
On mountain's brow was free,
Oh, Freedom's home, where'er I roam,
The Wicklow vales for me

Oh sorrows fall like mountain shades.
O'er brightest scenes of earth,
Yet hope remains amid these plains
To hail the morrow's birth

And gladly glides the winter's night
'Mid scenes of mirth and glee,
Where'er I roam, my mountain home,
The Wicklow vales for me

Let other boast of happy hours
In fair lands faraway,
My love for thee shall never fade,
Where'er my footsteps stray.

Dear Wicklow - Home of loving.hearts
My mountain nurse  :Mo craoi
No vales can e'er with thee compare,
The Wicklow vales for me

Inspired by An Uachtarán I just thought I'd start proceedings off with a bit of poetry.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Shamrock Shore

Dinny - are ye going to the match agin Meed Miley?
Miley - Meath is it, shur we'll be hammured!
Biddy - Miley, whist with that talk. We'll put it up to dem hoors.

seafoid

I was thinking of the famous song by Charlene, who may have been resident in Avoca

"I live in paradise but we've never beaten Meath"
Maybe the time has come 

thejuice

Really looking forward to seeing how Micky Newman and Eamon Wallace do at championship level. We have plenty of options up front but we still haven't a settled midfield pairing and what we wouldn't do for a run of injury free games for our backs.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ard-Rí

I think our midfield is more or less settled juice. I'm also looking forward to how the new team performs at championship level, hopefully we can sort out the roaming wing back issues - i.e. a wing forward drops back to cover their man! but otherwise I'm fairly happy with the team as is. Then there's this up on Hoganstand already.

Quote"Meath are Meath and they won't be worrying about Wicklow, but we will be waiting for them," the Garden County boss said in the Irish Daily Mirror.

The hell we won't! Last thing we want is to joint the distinguished qualifiers of 2013.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Dinny Breen

Those Wickla boys will be waiting for you

with some music

and the odd trap

#newbridgeornowhere

Dont Matter

Meath have to go to Aughrim do they? Well as a Laois man I have to give you warnings about that place. It may be the garden county but it's what's in the garden that you need to watch.

'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Syferus

Quote from: Dont Matter on May 27, 2013, 04:44:19 PM
Meath have to go to Aughrim do they? Well as a Laois man I have to give you warnings about that place. It may be the garden county but it's what's in the garden that you need to watch.

The Meath Monsters have already wrecked the Garden in Aughrim once this year.

Hardy

thejuice

Whats the best way, M11 and then through Arklow or will that be choked with traffic.

And parking?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: thejuice on May 31, 2013, 11:56:02 AM
Whats the best way, M11 and then through Arklow or will that be choked with traffic.

And parking?

I wouldn't say Arklow will be choked with traffic as its bypassed now but I'd get off in Rathnew and head via Rathdrum as N11 goes back to single lane and 80kph after Rathnew. Usually a speed van somewhere along the N11 where it isn't 120kph, they have a nice sneaky spot in that wooded area just after Rathnew.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

It you're there early you'll get parking at Lawless Hotel/Bar or some of the Housing estates close to the ground. The village itself wouldn't be a bad option but whatever you do don't park at the ground, grand going in but chaos coming out.
#newbridgeornowhere

thejuice

Thanks for the tips.

Anyone ever get the train down as far as Arklow and taxi'd it from there on?

Jinxy

Great to see that Shane O'Rourke is back playing for Simonstown.
I would be of the opinion he should be left alone for now.
If we can get him fully fit and his hip problem is sorted, he will be a huge addition next year.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Aye, I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't rush lads back in from injury. Take a bit more time. Especially at county level which makes so much demand on you physically(as if I would know).

That said I'm still not 100% sure where Shane is best deployed.