Sligo V London Connaught C'ship

Started by ck, May 24, 2013, 02:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: galwayman on May 26, 2013, 09:44:48 PM
O'Hara pulled no punches there on The Sunday Game. And fair play I didn't think he would come out and say too much.

Jaysus that was some strong stuff! Kevin Walsh won't be on his Christams Card list anyway!!!!

FermGael

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 26, 2013, 09:15:22 PM
I'm depressed, disgusted but my overwhelming emotion is pure anger.

Night is darkest just before the dawn. Maybe this catastrophe will bring the necessary upheaval to get things moving in the right direction. We can only hope.
As somebody who witnessed London besting Fermanagh in the qualifiers 2 years ago I can emphasise.
There are no easy answers.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

galwayman

Well it's hard to blame O'Hara if what he says about Walsh demanding full commitment from everybody from 1st November is true.

James Kilcullen was subsequently brought into the squad & he obviously cannot be considered to be giving full commitment given that he didn't start the game in London because he played a club championship game the day before.

And to think there was a lot of lads crying out for Walsh to be appointed Galway manager not so long ago

Mano

Fair play to Eamonn he said what had to be said

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mano on May 26, 2013, 10:02:50 PM

Was it necessary to say it on national tv?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 26, 2013, 10:08:13 PM

What did he say?

Wildweasel74

good job he not from limerick or there manager be getting it to, after that showing, Cork looked strong

Syferus

Given the temperature of things in Sligo right now probably so. He might be lacing up his boots come the qualifiers too if Walsh is turfed out.

ck

First off, well done London. They deserve their day in the sun.

As for us, well where do I start? Kevin Walsh has got to go, not this year, now! If Grimley gets lambasted last week then Walsh should too. I heard him on radio earlier with excuses and BS. Arrogance in the extreme. Get him out before he destroys us further in the qualifiers.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 10:17:03 PM

Given the temperature of things in Sligo right now probably so. He might be lacing up his boots come the qualifiers too if Walsh is turfed out.

Here's hoping though for that to happen Walsh will have to walk cos the county board most likely won't have the stones to do the right thing.

Lar Naparka

I've no problem with O'Hara doing what he did. He was given the opportunity to state his views and he took it.
If what he has to say is true, then the more publicity he gets the better for Sligo football, if you follow me. I think it's obvious that he gave the matter of Walsh's managership a lot of thought and he gave his considered opinion of Walsh and the Sligo County Board.
If anyone wants to contradict him, they are entitled to do so but, somehow, I think the possibility of this is remote.
Really, the next move is up to Sligo's GAA community and I expect most will back O'Hara.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 26, 2013, 10:38:13 PM

I've no problem with O'Hara doing what he did. He was given the opportunity to state his views and he took it.
If what he has to say is true, then the more publicity he gets the better for Sligo football, if you follow me. I think it's obvious that he gave the matter of Walsh's managership a lot of thought and he gave his considered opinion of Walsh and the Sligo County Board.
If anyone wants to contradict him, they are entitled to do so but, somehow, I think the possibility of this is remote.
Really, the next move is up to Sligo's GAA community and I expect most will back O'Hara.

The Ballagh contagion wrecking the heads of yet another county, eh Lar?

Mano

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 26, 2013, 10:38:13 PM

The few Sligo lads on here have been saying this for years about Walsh. Tactically naive, ridiculous training. I heard training this year including dragging wheelie bins full of sand around sand dunes in Enniscrone. What has that to do with GAA

magpie seanie

Our star young forward had to do that "training" the day before playing in a county U-20 A championship final for our club. At least pushing cars might come in useful some day if your battery went flat!

Sligo GAA is terribly divided and the old maxim - "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" has been employed with disastrous consequences. There are so few people involved in county board and sub-committees with the right motivation and possessing any ability at all. It's truly sad.

magpie seanie

Forgot to say congrats to London. Galway could probably do with the likes of Gottsche, Geraghty and Dunleavy. Funny day for Padraig McGoldrick. Very good player, got a few nice scores but missing a pen and getting sent off. Always thought he had great potential, think he won a Junior All-Ireland with us a few years back (or did he miss final with a broken arm?).