Sligo V London Connaught C'ship

Started by ck, May 24, 2013, 02:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 26, 2013, 06:48:04 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 05:59:43 PM
Leitrim better not be laughing too hard because I can see them being over-turned even if they're fully focused.

Laythrum will win that handily in Carrick.
When them  Londonites see the crowd of wild things baying at them through the wire in Páirc Seán they'll be afraid of their own shadows  ;D
I suppose the best thing we can do now is let Mayowestros bate us so the Hyde and Ros town can gain from the CF.

And our minors a third successive home Connacht final 8)

I'd fear for our lads, though, they'll probably win it just to spite the county board. Stenson's balance sheet won't look so pretty this year.  :-X

Mano

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 06:27:51 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 26, 2013, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 06:05:15 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on May 26, 2013, 06:01:36 PM
Quote from: Mano on May 26, 2013, 05:42:45 PM
Will be interesting to hear Eamonn O'Hara thoughts on this tonight and how he was dropped in favour of a lad who wanted to play for his club over his adopted county.

Hope he let's loose but I doubt very much he will

From what I heard he did well when he was brought on? You may not like bringing in a player from outside the county but he's hardly the root of ye're problems   ::) ::)

Kilcullen almost saved Sligo's blushes in 20 minutes. I think the problem is less Jamesy not being committed and more the double standard operated with regards to O'Hara. It just doesn't look good and I can't imagine how O'Hara felt hearing his county fall in Ruslip.
Mano isnt having a go at kilcullen, its the double standards of walsh, ffs we are hurting tonight so try not to come on here and fck us about twisting words, walsh is the problem, ohara and kilcullen should both of been there today,thats the point...

Well to be fair Mano was making it a Kilcullen over O'Hara issue. Kilcullen is clearly Sligo's best midfielder with or without O'Hara there so the decision was hardly O'Hara or Kilcullen for the last spot on the panel.

Hard luck though, Sligonian. There's really no words that can be said to make a defeat like that any better. Ye'll at least have a true home game against us in the minor championship now.
Syferus stop twisting my words. He is an outstanding player and if he started we probably would have won. Our midfield has been a joke for years and Kilcullen brought an aerial presence which has been lacking. Walsh made to stance last Nov that whoever didn't commit fully wouldnt be allowed on the panel. This forced Maguire, Davey and O Hara into retirement. His stance strangely changed last Feb and allowed Kilcullen to join up. If he committed fully there would be no issues. But how can. County board sanction the transfer and Walsh select him knowing that when championship came along the players preference was to play with his club

Syferus

Quote from: Mano on May 26, 2013, 06:56:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 06:27:51 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 26, 2013, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 06:05:15 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on May 26, 2013, 06:01:36 PM
Quote from: Mano on May 26, 2013, 05:42:45 PM
Will be interesting to hear Eamonn O'Hara thoughts on this tonight and how he was dropped in favour of a lad who wanted to play for his club over his adopted county.

Hope he let's loose but I doubt very much he will

From what I heard he did well when he was brought on? You may not like bringing in a player from outside the county but he's hardly the root of ye're problems   ::) ::)

Kilcullen almost saved Sligo's blushes in 20 minutes. I think the problem is less Jamesy not being committed and more the double standard operated with regards to O'Hara. It just doesn't look good and I can't imagine how O'Hara felt hearing his county fall in Ruslip.
Mano isnt having a go at kilcullen, its the double standards of walsh, ffs we are hurting tonight so try not to come on here and fck us about twisting words, walsh is the problem, ohara and kilcullen should both of been there today,thats the point...

Well to be fair Mano was making it a Kilcullen over O'Hara issue. Kilcullen is clearly Sligo's best midfielder with or without O'Hara there so the decision was hardly O'Hara or Kilcullen for the last spot on the panel.

Hard luck though, Sligonian. There's really no words that can be said to make a defeat like that any better. Ye'll at least have a true home game against us in the minor championship now.
Syferus stop twisting my words. He is an outstanding player and if he started we probably would have won. Our midfield has been a joke for years and Kilcullen brought an aerial presence which has been lacking. Walsh made to stance last Nov that whoever didn't commit fully wouldnt be allowed on the panel. This forced Maguire, Davey and O Hara into retirement. His stance strangely changed last Feb and allowed Kilcullen to join up. If he committed fully there would be no issues. But how can. County board sanction the transfer and Walsh select knowing that when championship came along the players preference was to p,at with his club.

Again, I'm not twisting what you said because you clearly said Walsh had dropped O'Hara for Walsh, which may not have been your intention but it was what you wrote.

I think you've cleared up what you mean there so nothing else needs to be said, and I fully agree with you.

mylestheslasher

Should Sligo's b team not be beating London? Do the players not have to accept some responsibility for their performance? Fair enough Walsh is a tool but surely on the pitch these bots should be doing the business. I also seen Coen on twitter almost sneering at the result, not the type of player I would want on my team.

Will Walsh keep his job into the qualifiers?

magpie seanie

I'm depressed, disgusted but my overwhelming emotion is pure anger. Like many I knew this was coming. I'm just surprised we got as close as we did but obviously London's lack of match practice was a factor in their late collapse. We picked a team with no midfield and only one forward capable of scoring regularly from play. It would have needed London to have done no homework and be poor to not beat us. It was obvious from the league they were competitive. Clearly they copped that if they stopped Marren we were in trouble and so it proved. There are guys on that team who wouldn't make the top 4 or 5 club sides in the county and a few more who aren't the best we have either. Who you are not how good you are - has it ever been any other way in Sligo?

My views on Walsh are widely known and I won't go over old ground. Whether it's next week or a few weeks later I'd say that soon we won't need to talk about him any more. That it's got to this stage isn't really his fault. He should have been removed long ago. The real problem is the county board and their complete inability to make any decision based on the only thing they should consider - "what is in the best interests of Sligo GAA". You name the motivation and it's considered before the one that should be their sole driver. I've seen it at close quarters and I'm sick of it. The whole thing is rotten and things like this happening are no accident. I'd say that to anyone's face - I'm past caring what people who don't really care about Sligo GAA think.

Night is darkest just before the dawn. Maybe this catastrophe will bring the necessary upheaval to get things moving in the right direction. We can only hope.

magpie seanie

Just on the last two comments - (1) it was almost a B team. Half those lads at least shouldn't be on the team. (2) Coen shows his true colours - what a surprise. It was long overdue he was dropped. He got so many chances over the years in comparison to a proper scoring forward like Murphy for example or Marren when he was younger.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 26, 2013, 09:17:34 PM
Just on the last two comments - (1) it was almost a B team. Half those lads at least shouldn't be on the team. (2) Coen shows his true colours - what a surprise. It was long overdue he was dropped. He got so many chances over the years in comparison to a proper scoring forward like Murphy for example or Marren when he was younger.

Even a bad manager can make some proper decisions i suppose. Val Andrews was poor but he did drop some players that needed to go.

Syferus

I'm always mindful that players are amateurs and that Twitter is an instant response without any real time to filter your thoughts. No doubt it wasn't the right thing to say but when a player, particularly a young one, says something  out of line you have to take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure once he sees the reaction it engenders he'll have second thoughts.

Shamrock Shore

Well done to London. Captained by a local clubman and Longford man, Seamus Hannon.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Absolutely astounding that the late opportunity wasn't tapped over the bar. Given the way the match was going, surely Sligo would have won in extra time.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Wildweasel74

lorcan Mulvey, he playing for cavan a yr or too back??

galwayman

O'Hara pulled no punches there on The Sunday Game. And fair play I didn't think he would come out and say too much.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 26, 2013, 09:39:42 PM
lorcan Mulvey, he playing for cavan a yr or too back??

Last played for Cavan in 2010, sent off after coming on as a sub against Wicklow in a qualifier match in breffni

O Hare didn't hold back on the Sunday game

Denn Forever

Yep.If not last year, the year before.  Another reason have London as my 2nd team.

Eamon O'Hara pulled no punches on TSG.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Rossfan

At least no matter how bad we do v the Rhus we will only be the third biggest disaster in Connacht this year at worst .
O'Hara had a lot to get off his chest alright.
Is he after the caretaker manager job for the Quals???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM