Sligo V London Connaught C'ship

Started by ck, May 24, 2013, 02:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mano

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 29, 2013, 10:10:35 AM
It's not surprising Sligo football is going nowhere. A 37 year old is asked to commit to a training schedule from November. He doesn't want to do so. As a consequence he is not invited onto the panel. He then uses a national TV programme to slate said manager and it appears most Sligo supporters on here support him in that.

Well fine get yourselves another manager that will  let a player dictate the terms of when he will join and what work he will put in and see how that goes for you.

You obviously didn't bother reading the rest of the thread or watch the Sunday game last Sunday. Comment when you get your facts right

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Mano on May 29, 2013, 10:12:26 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 29, 2013, 10:02:59 AM
Is it not a bit rich of O'Hara talking about rumours of Walsh having his head turned by Roscommon given the quantity of rumours that surrounded him during his career of going to play club for his uncle with us and county for mayo
Those were not rumours-he was on the verge of changing club. Changing club however does not mean he would have changed his county allegiance. He was always fully committed to Sligo

Personally I think it would have been worse to switch clubs but that might be a bit old school.

As someone who has relations who lined out for Sligo and am neighbours with O'Haras mams family I have no axe to grind with Sligo or O'Hara.
He is not coming out of this well, it looks like he wasn't selected on the panel and now has it in for Walsh. In one breathe he says their aim for this year was at least a Connacht final and in the next says last years final papered over the cracks. Last year ye beat Galway and ran mayo very close before going out meekly to Kildare, not a bad championship by any measure.

I think we all know the players had to back Walsh, it's signed by the Sligo panel which means Walsh asked if they wanted him to stay and no one spoke up so somebody (maybe CB level) suggested putting out a statement and nobody objected. So it is in essence from the panel but we won't know how many actually support it. Walsh will be gone at the end of the qualifiers for sure.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Keyser soze

Quote from: Mano on May 29, 2013, 10:14:42 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on May 29, 2013, 10:10:35 AM
It's not surprising Sligo football is going nowhere. A 37 year old is asked to commit to a training schedule from November. He doesn't want to do so. As a consequence he is not invited onto the panel. He then uses a national TV programme to slate said manager and it appears most Sligo supporters on here support him in that.

Well fine get yourselves another manager that will  let a player dictate the terms of when he will join and what work he will put in and see how that goes for you.

You obviously didn't bother reading the rest of the thread or watch the Sunday game last Sunday. Comment when you get your facts right

Well I have done both and since ,as far as I know, this is a discussion board I am free to comment at any time without seeking your permission or approval.

Which of the statements that I have made above is not factually correct?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 29, 2013, 10:31:51 AM
Is it not a bit rich of O'Hara talking about rumours of Walsh having his head turned by Roscommon given the quantity of rumours that surrounded him during his career of going to play club for his uncle with us and county for mayo
Those were not rumours-he was on the verge of changing club. Changing club however does not mean he would have changed his county allegiance. He was always fully committed to Sligo

Personally I think it would have been worse to switch clubs but that might be a bit old school.

As someone who has relations who lined out for Sligo and am neighbours with O'Haras mams family I have no axe to grind with Sligo or O'Hara.
He is not coming out of this well, it looks like he wasn't selected on the panel and now has it in for Walsh. In one breathe he says their aim for this year was at least a Connacht final and in the next says last years final papered over the cracks. Last year ye beat Galway and ran mayo very close before going out meekly to Kildare, not a bad championship by any measure.

I think we all know the players had to back Walsh, it's signed by the Sligo panel which means Walsh asked if they wanted him to stay and no one spoke up so somebody (maybe CB level) suggested putting out a statement and nobody objected. So it is in essence from the panel but we won't know how many actually support it. Walsh will be gone at the end of the qualifiers for sure.

I wouldn't make any of those assumptions about this "statement." Looks a ham-fisted rushed job to me.

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 29, 2013, 11:08:13 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 29, 2013, 10:31:51 AM

I wouldn't make any of those assumptions about this "statement." Looks a ham-fisted rushed job to me.

Ham-fisted and not worth the PDF it's written on without all the signatures.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

A friend of mine just told me Comical Ali (county Secretary) was on Ocean FM. He was saying that things aren't that bad, we're in an All-Ireland semi final!!!!!

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 29, 2013, 02:38:33 PM
A friend of mine just told me Comical Ali (county Secretary) was on Ocean FM. He was saying that things aren't that bad, we're in an All-Ireland semi final!!!!!

Is Big Kev still managing the juniors? Would be ironic if he won ye an AI.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Syferus on May 29, 2013, 02:43:38 PM

Is Big Kev still managing the juniors? Would be ironic id he won ye an AI.

Yes and he has already won the Junior All Ireland for Sligo in 2010
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SLIGONIAN

wow did he really say that, the propaganda machine is in full swing, theyve lost the run of themselves,

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Walsh has replied on rte radio im told, havent heard it yet but he is supposed to have had a go back, check the rte website later...

Rossfan

Bit shown on 6 o clock News. Gist was O'Hara isn't part of the panel on his own choice and therefore can't really know what's happening. I disagree with him.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Fuel for another 20 pages

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2013/0529/453452-walsh-critical-of-sunday-game-analysis/

Sligo manager Kevin Walsh hits back after Eamonn O'Hara's criticism on RTÉ's The Sunday Game

Updated: Wednesday, 29 May 2013 19:37 | 0 Comments

Sligo manager Kevin Walsh has vowed to continue his leadership of the Yeats County and hit out at the review of the defeat to London on RTÉ's The Sunday Game.

Analyst and former Sligo footballer Eamonn O'Hara criticised the county's training, selection and tactics following the loss in Ruislip.

Walsh told RTÉ: "The Sunday Game was very unfair. I felt it was very unbalanced in the presentation of the issues that did arise from Sligo in the London game.

"I felt The Sunday Game itself failed to comply with the obligations that are on RTÉ as a public service broadcasting company to adhere to the highest standards of balance in broadcasting.

"On top of that there was certain allegations made that have no basis or fact. They were allowed to be made without challenge or debate in the studio on the night. This is and has been of great disappointment for me.

"Eamonn is entitled to his opinion as an analyst. But however as a representative of Sligo management, we don't agree with opinions that he expressed and we certainly don't accept them as being valid."

Walsh added that O'Hara had made his own decision to retire and defended his authority following the attack from the Sligo great.

The manager said: "He made his own decision not to continue with the Sligo senior football team for this year. This obviously is his right but as a consequence, he is not in a position to comment with authority about internal matters in the panel or to its management.

"Management in any county panel are entitled to review a panel based on performance, form and the emergence of any new or potential talent. It is an essential right of any management to change a panel in accordance with their judgement of what is in the best interest of a county team."

Asked whether he would continue in the Sligo role ahead of the first round of qualifiers in late June, Walsh said the support of his players and county board has shown why he will stay put.

"Over the last two days, the county board have answered that question on their side. The players have answered from their side.

"My focus as team manager, as it has always been, is to achieve the best possible results and performances for all the Sligo players involved on the present team, panel and management for 2013."

Mano

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 29, 2013, 07:32:50 PM
Walsh has replied on rte radio im told, havent heard it yet but he is supposed to have had a go back, check the rte website later...

Heard the radio interview. He seemed to suggest that panel changes on a yearly basis due to loss of form, new players impressing which seemed to suggest that Eamonn was dropped due to loss of form and not due to the Nov deadline which we know is not true. He has said a few times on the Sligo Champion that players were dropped as they couldn't commit to Nov training.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: seafoid on May 29, 2013, 07:47:54 PM
Fuel for another 20 pages

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2013/0529/453452-walsh-critical-of-sunday-game-analysis/

Sligo manager Kevin Walsh hits back after Eamonn O'Hara's criticism on RTÉ's The Sunday Game

Updated: Wednesday, 29 May 2013 19:37 | 0 Comments

Sligo manager Kevin Walsh has vowed to continue his leadership of the Yeats County and hit out at the review of the defeat to London on RTÉ's The Sunday Game.

Analyst and former Sligo footballer Eamonn O'Hara criticised the county's training, selection and tactics following the loss in Ruislip.

Walsh told RTÉ: "The Sunday Game was very unfair. I felt it was very unbalanced in the presentation of the issues that did arise from Sligo in the London game.

"I felt The Sunday Game itself failed to comply with the obligations that are on RTÉ as a public service broadcasting company to adhere to the highest standards of balance in broadcasting.

"On top of that there was certain allegations made that have no basis or fact. They were allowed to be made without challenge or debate in the studio on the night. This is and has been of great disappointment for me.

"Eamonn is entitled to his opinion as an analyst. But however as a representative of Sligo management, we don't agree with opinions that he expressed and we certainly don't accept them as being valid." he trained for 4 yrs under you

Walsh added that O'Hara had made his own decision to retire and defended his authority following the attack from the Sligo great.

The manager said: "He made his own decision not to continue with the Sligo senior football team for this year. This obviously is his right but as a consequence, he is not in a position to comment with authority about internal matters in the panel or to its management.this is blatantly false

"Management in any county panel are entitled to review a panel based on performance, form and the emergence of any new or potential talent. It is an essential right of any management to change a panel in accordance with their judgement of what is in the best interest of a county team."

Asked whether he would continue in the Sligo role ahead of the first round of qualifiers in late June, Walsh said the support of his players and county board has shown why he will stay put.

"Over the last two days, the county board have answered that question on their side. The players have answered from their side. clearly orchestrated and where are the signatures

"My focus as team manager, as it has always been, is to achieve the best possible results and performances for all the Sligo players involved on the present team, panel and management for 2013."and youve done a great at that havent

Far be it for any Sligo person to question your methods on any of those performances and results, your clearly doing it all right.