Lights out at the Gaaaboard

Started by gerrykeegan, May 20, 2013, 03:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I had every shower of dick heads messaging me on Facebook and Twitter about this.

For the last time....

Testing Accessibility

Count 10

Fearon says you are and we all know he doesn't tell porkies ;)

deiseach

Twas to save the Mayo lads from themselves. Now we won't be able to recycle posts about this being our year come the inevitable implosion come August or September.

Syferus

Quote from: deiseach on May 20, 2013, 04:50:19 PM
Twas to save the Mayo lads from themselves. Now we won't be able to recycle posts about this being our year come the inevitable implosion come August or September.

You don't understand Mayo intimately enough if you think a one day cooling off peroid will prevent that  :-X

deiseach

Quote from: Syferus on May 20, 2013, 05:19:23 PM
You don't understand Mayo intimately enough if you think a one day cooling off peroid will prevent that  :-X

I didn't say I thought it would work.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I think that is redundant thinking. Mayo folk stopped believing we were going to win Sam since about 2006/2007. It's the same craic people spout about us always losing in Croke Park, when generally we win.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ONeill

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 20, 2013, 05:26:24 PM

I think that is redundant thinking. Mayo folk stopped believing we were going to win Sam since about 2006/2007. It's the same craic people spout about us always losing in Croke Park, when generally we win.

Mayo 1.19
Donegal 1.07

(Half-Time
Mayo 1.09
Donegal 0.04)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:56:00 PM by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com »

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: ziggysego on May 20, 2013, 04:47:16 PM
I had every shower of dick heads messaging me on Facebook and Twitter about this.

Thankfully I was not one of them!

Its good to be back
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on May 20, 2013, 03:58:47 PM
Two full days!? It wasn't even 22 hours.

It's happening a little to regularly for comfort though. Is it server overload or just technical mishaps? If running costs is the issue a donations option should be created.
twas fed up with the shite you spout
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

T Fearon

This was the GAAboard's Ulster Bank meltdown.I'm expecting £20 compensation and a Sammy Wilson led Public Enquiry into what went wrong. >:(

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on May 20, 2013, 06:08:14 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 20, 2013, 03:58:47 PM
Two full days!? It wasn't even 22 hours.

It's happening a little to regularly for comfort though. Is it server overload or just technical mishaps? If running costs is the issue a donations option should be created.
twas fed up with the shite you spout

You don't know how good it feels to be able to illicit such deliciously impotent rage from you 8)

armaghniac

Perhaps they had to get Dynorod to clear the server of shite which had built up over time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ONeill on May 20, 2013, 05:30:43 PM

Mayo 1.19
Donegal 1.07

(Half-Time
Mayo 1.09
Donegal 0.04)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:56:00 PM by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com »

Sorry I was not specific enough, my fault. Mayo folk tend not to believe it may be even possible until an AI final these days, perhaps a AI semi. That scoreline above was on a once off match, not like it was a prediction for the final in May or June. I'm sure you will find a handful of other examples from Mayo folk, but I reckon there won't be many that were not clearly in jest or Mayo Mick.

I'm pretty sure I was thinking about that game as a match v Donegal rather than the All-Ireland final, had I thought about the game as the latter I would probably have got the score closer the actual result.

Best thing to come out of the 1'st O'Mahoney years was to build Mayo expectation to achieve more, best thing to come out of the 2'nd O'Mahoney years was to kill off the hypetrain in Mayo.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on May 20, 2013, 07:00:15 PM
Perhaps they had to get Dynorod to clear the server of shite which had built up over time.
Nope, Fearon's posts are still there.

ross4life

You should have been out in Galway last night the belief is back & bigger than ever!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open