Mayo vs. Roscommon Connacht SFC Semi-final (June 16th, McHale Park)

Started by Syferus, May 19, 2013, 05:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much will Roscommon win by?

1-3 points
4-6 points
I really wish I was born a Rossie

Aaron Boone

13 to 4 for Mayo at HT. dunno who can stop them in this form.

Collins

Mayo are the most talented team in the country imo

Hope this is they're year to win Sam - hopefully they're mentally a lot stronger than previous Mayo sides when t comes to Croker in August and September

Syferus

Referee isn't helping but Mayo are way the better team.

We're winning the middle but Mayo's blanket has very few holes. Freeman is in spectacular form.

All of a Sludden

Its division 1 against division 3 and the gap in class is there for all to see. Mayo will have tougher challenge games before they get to Croke Park. Still don't think they have what it takes to win an All Ireland, though they are probably the third best team in the country at the minute, behind Donegal and Dublin.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Declan

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 16, 2013, 04:36:40 PM
13 to 4 for Mayo at HT. dunno who can stop them in this form.

You have to bear in mind the standard of opposition in Connacht which is not good at the moment. Roscommon are an average division 3 side and Galway are division 2 in name only. I think our level is more division 3 to be honest. Sligo have just lost to London. Enough said.

Never beat the deeler

Trying to follow the game on twitter and Facebook. Would I be right in saying mayo had 8 different scorers from play in first half?
Hasta la victoria siempre

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on June 16, 2013, 04:56:03 PM
Trying to follow the game on twitter and Facebook. Would I be right in saying mayo had 8 different scorers from play in first half?
Nine now
Hasta la victoria siempre

Wildweasel74

"Dunno who can stop them"
i actually wait to they play someone worth a damn before coming out with that!
We know what they are like when they play Donegal, Dublin, Tyrone, Kerry , Cork
BEFORE coming out with who can stop them

Wildweasel74

mayo trying to save jersey fabric down round those parts? those jerseys are ridiculous tight, it doesnt make u any bigger looking!

seafoid

That'll be the end of Syfin feeling it in his waters. BLD.

Syferus

Collins

The standard of opposition is pretty irrelevant at this stage.

I think it's pretty clear Mayo are just as good if not better than they were last year when they beat Dublin handy enough in an AI semi and only lost to a rabid Donegal in the final.

Think they have to be wary about peaking too early. London/Leitrim aren't going to give them a game so it'll be a while before they need to be at their best.

SLIGONIAN

I think this just confirms galway and roscommon have failed to bring through the underage. Mayo are the real deal, but before this summer is out they will not have it is as easy when the big boys come knocking. Id love to know how much money is being pumped into mayo football at present?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Syferus

Ouch. Beaten by a better team, and well beaten at that. Well done to the Mayo bucks and I wouldn't begrudge Mayo finally winning their grail this year. They're clearly not far off the level needed to achieve it.

We actually dominated the middle when it was still a game, we finally seemed to be figuring out how to break balls properly.

Hard to know what the result means beyond Mayo being AI contenders and us being well off that pace. I'd like a D2 team in the qualifiers as it would mean we learn where we stand against the second tier teams, which is where we need to raise ourselves to in next year's league.

At least Donie made it through a game, hopefully he's fit to start the next day.