UFC comes to Belfast

Started by The Iceman, April 02, 2007, 11:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Anyone get tickets for the event?

The Iceman

I'm headin away to USA so can't go :( Loadsa lads from the club going - Progressive Combat have two fighters on the bill - Stevie Lynch and Big C.  Both should do well depending on the opponents obviously.

Heard Rich Frankin's opponent had to pull out of the fight so that slot is lookin pretty bare right now.

Also rumours that there may be a Dublin show later this year.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

full back

Yushin Okami is filling the void.
He is 4-0 in UFC & just beat Mike Swick

The Iceman

he didnt just beat Mike Swick - he absolutely destroyed and dominated Mike Swick - so much so Swick has now decided to drop to Welterweight.  What a division that is!

Middleweight division is pretty empty right now.

should be the first of many good shows in ireland!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

Colin Robinson fighting Eddie Sanchez
Steve Lynch fighting Dustin Hazelett

The Iceman

Sanchez is the dude that cro cop knocked out in his first UFC fight - he will be out to prove a point against Big C - though Colin is more than capable with good hands and a decent ground game.

Dustin Hazelett is a lot younger than Stevie (think 17 years!) with great hips on the ground and a solid BJJ background.  Stevie hits HARD and has a good enough ground game but is cutting a bit of weight to meet Hazelett in the Octagon.  If he keeps his strength he should come through with a good performance.

both fighters have signed a 3 fight deal with the UFC so should be fighting again in Belfast / Dublin / Scotland or somewhere else in England maybe......

Watch this space!

Gabriel_Hurl

MMAWeekly has the breakdown of main card and prelims:

Main Card Bouts:
-Rich Franklin vs. Yushin Okami
-Forrest Griffin vs. Hector Ramirez
-Tyson Griffin vs. Clay Guida
-Jason MacDonald vs. Rory Singer

Preliminary Bouts:
-Jake O'Brien vs. Tom Murphy
-Ed Herman vs. Scott Smith
-Marcus Davis vs. Jason Dent
-Eddie Sanchez vs. Colin Robinson
-Dustin Hazelett vs. Stevie Lynch

Gabriel_Hurl

mooncatiii

any truth local men  Neil "hard as our nails" Loney and tommy "the machine" hamill will be havin a bout to warm up the crowd before the main events start?
shazam

Syd

Anyone go? Whoever is in charge of running the bars in the main arena should be f**king shot, one of the bars there was 3 people serving. Its as if they were surprised there were loads of people turned up.