Sunday 19th May
Cavan 0-13  Armagh 1-09
12-15pm   Breffni Pk

Quarter Finals:
Sunday 26th May
Donegal v Tyrone
2-15pm   Mac Cumhaill Park

Antrim v Monaghan
7-00pm   Páirc Esler (moved from Athletic Grounds)

Fermanagh v Cavan
7-00pm   Clones

Sunday 2nd June
Derry v Down
12-15pm   Celtic Park

Semi Finals:
Sunday 23rd June
Donegal/Tyrone v Derry/Down
12-15pm

Saturday 29th June
Antrim/Monaghan v Fermanagh/Cavan
5-15pm

Sunday 21st July
Final:
2-00pm

Throw ball

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 20, 2013, 09:57:52 PM
Yeah your probably right and thanks for what you said there but its sad that in his 2 years as a county minor all he has to show is 2 hours of championship football

I know Westside will say stop complaining about referees but an innocent mistake by the referee can end a young fellas chance at inter county.

Your fella is lucky he got the two hours though. I know a young fella who missed out on his chance the last two years because of a bad injury. Hopefully both will progress as good under 21 players and help Armagh get a win in the next couple of years.

Dougal Maguire

I remember my fella talking about that lad last year. If I recall he had to have an operation. He was very disappointed for him as he was there when the news was broken to him and was able to witness at first hand his disappointment.
Careful now

Throw ball

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 21, 2013, 12:29:03 AM
I remember my fella talking about that lad last year. If I recall he had to have an operation. He was very disappointed for him as he was there when the news was broken to him and was able to witness at first hand his disappointment.

Sounds about right. He had a very bad injury and still recovering from complications. Hopefully the bad luck he and the minors have had over the last two years will be reversed at under 21.

Syferus

Caaaavan have to be looking at the draw now and thinking if they stay focused they can at least make the Ulster final/AIQF.

naka

have to say ref in minor game was awful but cavan stepped up when needed.
that saying ref should never be allowed near a junior b game never mind a county game.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 20, 2013, 06:15:54 PM
Some shocking decisions yesterday. I think the free count was something like 34 to 14 in favour of Cavan. Ref even played over the time to allow C,avan to get winning point from a push in the back of the Armagh defender. Mr Molloy if you rea,d this Board I hope you're proud of yourself

Armagh goal shouldn't have stood - so he wasn't doing Cavan any favours. In a close game like that, goals can make all the difference. Thankfully it didn't with a 1pt win,  Cavan were the best team and dominated for long spells, but kicked poor some poor wides,

The ref didn't look the fittest

Sleater

Looks a very even championship this year. Tyrone/Donegal will be a pivotal match at minor level. Donegal beat Tyrone in the league semi final so either will be favourites to progress to the ulster final. That's not saying Derry be a poor outfit especially when their Maghera contingent return. Cavan will improve for sure but will have a tough game against Monaghan who won the ulster league. Tyrone's record at this level is very hard to ignore. 

elk

Quote from: Syferus on May 21, 2013, 12:45:47 AM
Caaaavan have to be looking at the draw now and thinking if they stay focused they can at least make the Ulster final/AIQF.

They won't get past Monaghan, after all they only beat a poor Armagh team.

tommysmith

Quote from: elk on May 21, 2013, 05:03:48 PM

So you think Cavan will beat Fermanagh?

rodney trotter

We have to play Fermanagh first, this weekend, so maybe your mystic meg. Btw, Monaghan beat a half string Cavan team in the Minor league

tommysmith

Rodney i heard Cavan brought in a few players in the last two weeks to try and improve the squad did any of them play Sunday?

elk

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 21, 2013, 05:13:02 PM

We have to play Fermanagh first, this weekend, so maybe your mystic meg. Btw, Monaghan beat a half string Cavan team in the Minor league
Armagh are the only team Cavan have managed to beat in a competitive match this year so maybe they might not beat Fermanagh!!!!!!!!!!!

snoopdog

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 20, 2013, 09:57:52 PM
Yeah your probably right and thanks for what you said there but its sad that in his 2 years as a county minor all he has to show is 2 hours of championship football

Why do Leinster and Munster have a back door in the first round of the minors while Ulster dont.
surely These young fellas deserve another run out, as they may only ever play an hour at this level.
I thought with st Pauls having a good year that Armagh would have been hard to beat at this level. It will be interesting to see how Derry get on with all the Pats boys, will Down give them a run for their money.

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on May 21, 2013, 05:16:27 PM
Rodney i heard Cavan brought in a few players in the last two weeks to try and improve the squad did any of them play Sunday?

Not sure, I didn't have a programme sunday.. Ryan Connolly missed a few games in the Minor league, and Pearse Smith
O Connell that came on as a sub, not sure if was on the panel all along?

Connacht doesn't have a back door eiter.