Started by The Burner, May 12, 2013, 04:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 13, 2013, 11:28:54 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on May 13, 2013, 12:20:03 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 12, 2013, 09:57:31 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on May 12, 2013, 09:43:12 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on May 12, 2013, 09:30:32 PM
Dont worry we have Eamon O Hara to save us all.....................

The RTE make up budget is going to skyrocket...

I'd love to see ya say that to his face.

Eamon O' Hara a poor man's Davy Brady on and off the field 8).

I'd have O'Hara any day over the other Sligo man.

This man.......

or this man......

southsidejohnny

Who is the guy with the eye in the Mayo jersey?

Syferus

One of those is a born and bred Rosie.  :o

At least you have that lovely O'Heir's Cafe spud bread to claim as your own, Seanie.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2013, 02:10:37 PM
One of those is a born and bred Rosie:o

At least you have that lovely O'Heir's Cafe spud bread to claim as your own, Seanie.

Then what is he doing throwing his lot in for Sligo?

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 13, 2013, 02:31:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2013, 02:10:37 PM
One of those is a born and bred Rosie:o

Then what is he doing throwing his lot in for Sligo?

It's tough making a team of galaticos like Roscommon and that wasteral uncle Mickey must have been in ear.  :(

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on May 13, 2013, 10:43:47 AM
I would have thought his jaw was broken shortly after that picture was taken.

Brady had just come on, that picture was taken as he left for treatment. Why he would want to do that I'm not sure, but it is DB we are talking about. Maybe he is a fan of The Godfather.
MWWSI 2017

Qwerty28

Back on topic but programme was brutal, had to turn over after about 2 mins, how Tommy Carr is still considered an expert is beyond me!

Is David Brady still on Off the ball these days? Conor Deegan seemed to be the special all sports guy tonight!

AZOffaly

Tommy Carr, that's the jennet that I heard saying that Donegal wouldn't win an All Ireland because they didn't have the spread of scoring forwards!!!. Was he in a coma for the last year or what? Pat Spillane made a lick of sense because he said Donegal won't really know if they are up for it until the need to dig deep in a championship match.

I switched off after Carr said that, and Kevin McStay said the whole thing was a waste of time because Donegal, Dublin and Mayo were all going for 3 in a row. (Not sure if he reckons they are all going to win their provinces or not). Seems to have forgotten that we've had 4 different All Ireland Winners in 4 years.

It says a lot when Spillane seemed to be the most considered of them.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 13, 2013, 10:40:45 PM
Tommy Carr, that's the jennet that I heard saying that Donegal wouldn't win an All Ireland because they didn't have the spread of scoring forwards!!!. Was he in a coma for the last year or what? Pat Spillane made a lick of sense because he said Donegal won't really know if they are up for it until the need to dig deep in a championship match.

I switched off after Carr said that, and Kevin McStay said the whole thing was a waste of time because Donegal, Dublin and Mayo were all going for 3 in a row. (Not sure if he reckons they are all going to win their provinces or not). Seems to have forgotten that we've had 4 different All Ireland Winners in 4 years.

K-Mac's still working through the leftover champagne from Paddy's Day - lay off the poor lad, AZ.

AZOffaly

Actually have good time for him normally. He's far from the worst of them. But he just sounded very arrogant and dismissive on Sunday, in the 3 minutes I heard :D

From the Bunker

In fairness to McStay he does his homework! He has stats, looks at formations, trends in games and he knows players and teams. His use of modern lingo such as turnovers, offence, match officials etc annoy the old school GAA follower. Sadly there are quiet a few pundits who run with the cliched view of a county and bluff their way through the rest.

Jinxy

Listen, it's RTE.
Just accept their coverage is going to be rubbish.
Then on the rare occasion when it isn't, it'll be a pleasant surprise.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Crete Boom

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 13, 2013, 11:28:54 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on May 13, 2013, 12:20:03 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 12, 2013, 09:57:31 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on May 12, 2013, 09:43:12 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on May 12, 2013, 09:30:32 PM
Dont worry we have Eamon O Hara to save us all.....................

The RTE make up budget is going to skyrocket...

I'd love to see ya say that to his face.

Eamon O' Hara a poor man's Davy Brady on and off the field 8).

I'd have O'Hara any day over the other Sligo man.

I know we are only winding each other up but I have seen this said that DB is a Sligo man but what is his connection to Sligo?

BluestackBoy

Tommy Carr has form when it comes to Donegal. Listening to him during the Kildare league game he came out with the following gem. " we can safely dismiss Donegal this year because not alone do they have no attack but it looks like they have no defence either"

This is the same Tommy who came up behind Bryan Murray and took him out when Murray couldn't defend himself & the ball was far away in a League match in Croke Park many years ago.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 14, 2013, 11:05:34 AM

Tommy Carr has form when it comes to Donegal. Listening to him during the Kildare league game he came out with the following gem. " we can safely dismiss Donegal this year because not alone do they have no attack but it looks like they have no defence either"

This is the same Tommy who came up behind Bryan Murray and took him out when Murray couldn't defend himself & the ball was far away in a League match in Croke Park many years ago.

The form when it comes to Donegal has to do with his best chance of Winning an AI as a player when Dublin lost to Donegal in 1992!