London prevented from coming to Ireland to play friendlies

Started by BennyHarp, May 07, 2013, 02:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

The rule is a good rule and I'm glad it is being adhered to. Clubs get screwed enough. However, I, ahem, know of a county who continuosly breaks this rule (last 3 years in a row for definite). They were away last weekend (within the country) and players couldn't line out for their clubs in the league. London's mistake was organising challenge matches (notification would have had to be sent in, ref organised etc) - no-one would have known about it to stop them otherwise. I can understand London wanting games but challenge matches are usually a waste of time anyway. It's probably more of a benefit to them what's happened (motivation) than if they actually went.

Shamrock Shore

Johnstown House Hotel in Johnstown has been closed for over a year.
There is a functioning golf course but that's about it.

Are ye sure ye are not mixing it up with Carton House Hotel that has cyrobaths or whatever the feck you call them. Real Madrid hung out here a few years ago and it's a popular place for the rugby goys.

rodney trotter

Johnstown house was the hotel mentioned on here, its in Meath, Carton house would be Kildare maybe that's what Rossfan was referring too

AZOffaly

Is Mickey Harte involved in Carton House? Sure he'd hardly allow Donegal down there  :D

Shamrock Shore

My bad.

I was mixing it up with Palmerstown House Hotel in Johnstown Co. Kildare

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Rossfan on May 10, 2013, 09:49:03 PM
I know Enfield is in Meath Rodney but that hotel is on the south of the Motorway and is as far as far as I know in Kildare - Johnstown Bridge.
Dinny or Donnelly's could confirm.

Johnstownbridge is on the Kildare side of the border with Enfield on the Meath side. Even though the hotel's address is Johnstownbridge, it is just inside the Meath border according to Google Maps - http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=johnstownbridge&hl=en&ll=53.404876,-6.844997&spn=0.014506,0.042272&hnear=Johnstown+Bridge,+County+Kildare&gl=ie&t=m&z=15

There is another Johnstown in Kildare on the M7 between Kill and Naas.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?