IFA Cup Final,Cliftonville V Glentoran

Started by T Fearon, May 03, 2013, 10:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Looks like Caral will be disappointed

Milltown Row2

Best team winning this game, fair play the Glens
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Worker

Minder

Cliftonville players mustn't have stopped drinking since they won the league by the look of some of them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Some specatacle.

More at a national league game.

T Fearon

On commentary yesterday,after Waterworth's second goal,Jackie Fullerton said"The last man to score twice in an Irish Cup Final was....Mark Mc Allister last year" Definite change of tone when he realised it was only last year instead of 1907 or something ;D

Last Man

Quote from: orangeman on May 04, 2013, 06:39:03 PM
Some specatacle.

Aye and that was with reds fans crawling out from under every stone on the Antrim Rd  ;D. Must have little to be at to sit through that.
Is the rumoured open top bus parade story for real btw??

Orior

Quote from: Last Man on May 05, 2013, 09:50:51 AM
Some specatacle.

Aye and that was with reds fans crawling out from under every stone on the Antrim Rd  ;D. Must have little to be at to sit through that.

Whoops. I'm one of those who crawled out from the Antrim Road to see this match. Good day out, but disappointing result.

Plenty of humour about, huge Gerry Adams masks, Da from the Hole in the Wall gang, some boyo dressed up as the Pope, and UVF flags from the east Belfast wans. The pint in Cassidy's afterwards could have tastier, but you can't win them all. Plus Armagh hurlers were bate.

In summary, crowd participation was good but the fun was nowhere near as good as a GAA match
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on May 05, 2013, 10:04:52 AM
Quote from: Last Man on May 05, 2013, 09:50:51 AM
Some specatacle.

Whoops. I'm one of those who crawled out from the Antrim Road to see this match. Good day out, but disappointing result.

Plenty of humour about, huge Gerry Adams masks, Da from the Hole in the Wall gang, some boyo dressed up as the Pope, and UVF flags from the east Belfast wans. The pint in Cassidy's afterwards could have tastier, but you can't win them all. Plus Armagh hurlers were bate.

In summary, crowd participation was good but the fun was nowhere near as good as a GAA match

So it didn't have the Old Firm feel about it? Tony will be very disappointed he was looking for blood and guts being spilled all over the place I Claudius style
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

orangeman

How much was a ticket into the stand for to watch that ?

It's great to see how far we've come when you can fly tricolours in Windsor Park and not a word about it.

tintin25

what would be the equilavent standard in England/Scotland? I'm think div 2/3 in Scotland.

T Fearon

Well Linfield were defeated by the Scottish Third Division Champions,2 nil,at Ibrox,a few weeks ago. :P

T Fearon

Hard to compare standards part time v full time.A few players yesterday (Boyce and both goalkeepers) could play at a higher level,but overall Irish League would be of general Scottish DIv 3 or Blue Square League in England standard.

tintin25

In fairness, I'd say its closer to Scottish division 3. Some teams in the blue square premier would wipe the floor with the likes of Donegal Celtic and the likes.

dillinger

I watch a fair bit of East Of Scotland League football, which is one level below SL3.

The top 3-4 teams would be lower to mid Irish League standard. Certainly better than most of the Irish 1st division.