Watching GAA / European tv in the US and Canada

Started by cadhlancian, May 02, 2013, 08:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 07, 2013, 11:29:35 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on May 07, 2013, 10:56:35 PM
Benny it's runs approx 45 secs to 1 minute behind, so technically it's nots "live".

Fair enough - best of luck with it
thanks man

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: heffo on May 07, 2013, 09:47:07 PM
Just install a browser add-on and it costs nothing.

What add-on do you need to install, Heffo?  Are you talking about stuff like sopcast, or do you have something better

heffo

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 09, 2013, 04:03:50 AM
Quote from: heffo on May 07, 2013, 09:47:07 PM
Just install a browser add-on and it costs nothing.

What add-on do you need to install, Heffo?  Are you talking about stuff like sopcast, or do you have something better

For Firefox - ModifyHeaders - just do a ping on www.rte.ie and add in the address it returns - this will let you watch rte.ie from anywhere through Firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefox/addon/modify-headers/

Guide here - http://cynicsunlimited.com/2010/03/28/using-firefox-and-modify-headers-plugin-to-view-blocked-video-streams/

I have another at home on another laptop that lets you watch anything - cbs.com, bbc.co.uk, rte.ie etc

Jell 0 Biafra

Thanks for those, Heffo; I'll definitely check it out!

rosnarun

So how much of the  profit is going to the GAA in Roylties?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

cadhlancian

Royalties for what? This a fee for a service .

cadhlancian

Ros, the GAA is only a small part of this service. It runs on these channels 24/7. The lions tour , EPL , 6 nations are all part of any plan you would get.

dec

Did you get RTE's permission to rebroadcast their service?

cadhlancian

Permission for what Declan? This is not live, so why would I need their permission? Does any of the gaa clips on you tube etc have their permission?

cadhlancian

No "rights" are needed in the US to show any non - live broadcasts. If it was live then of course , that's a different animal, it's not.

dec

Quote from: cadhlancian on May 09, 2013, 11:21:45 PM
Permission for what Declan? This is not live, so why would I need their permission? Does any of the gaa clips on you tube etc have their permission?

Because it is their product, not yours.

cadhlancian

They own the rights to show it LIVE. They own nothing else.

Syferus

Quote from: cadhlancian on May 10, 2013, 12:47:41 AM
They own the rights to show it LIVE. They own nothing else.

Err, you need to take a second look at how copyright works..

cadhlancian

Bottom line is... It's not actually a live broadcast . I can watch loads of stuff including GAA
On YouTube etc. no permission needed. It is a bit of a grey area I suppose, but as of yet there is zero legislation in the US prohibiting replayed TV / radio etc. That may change, as of know it hasn't .