Biggest escape this year?

Started by Any craic, May 01, 2013, 05:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

I'm thinking someone will beat this, but it's still not bad - 11 points down and they won it with the last kick. Has anyone else, club or county, come back from more to win this year? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZl3wihF5j4 - see the full story here

Jinxy

Offaly vs. Meath in the Leinster minor football.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Not the biggest numerically but Brigids comeback from eight down against Ballymun in the AI was nothing short of unbelievable. All but a 45 from play to boot. In terms of the last 12 months, St. Aidan's from the Ros lost to Bunninadden of Sligo in a Connacht intermediate semi-final after being 12 up.

With 20 minutes to go.

T Fearon

North Longford

Not sure the ladies game should count.....there were 8 minutes of injury time and nearly half the comeback came in this surprisingly long period!!

Any craic

bit of a sensitive one there North Longford! If you watch the video Down had at least 2 goal-den chances before the end so it looks like youse were holding on a bit now. There were a fair few stoppages for injuries which explains the added time.

Any craic

https://vimeo.com/66277770 here's me asking about escapes and I get another one last night... St Galls were 7 points down in the closing stages, they narrowed it to 5 and then banged in two goals in injury-time, one with the last kick, to win at Creggan by a point!

North Longford

QuoteIf you watch the video Down had at least 2 goal-den chances before the end so it looks like youse were holding on a bit now.
. Only saw your response now any craic. What the video doesn't show is the missed Longford chances including hitting the post for another goal in the middle of the second half....they weren't actually hanging on that much. Downs second goal...not shown also was a complete fluke in the last minute of regular time...it was only at that point did it look like Down might have a chance of getting anything out of the game...and fair play to them they did..and yep was fairly sensitive for a few days alright!!!!. I believe Down managed a similarish feat in the final.

Oraisteach

Armagh's avoiding relegation into Division 3

NaomhBridAbĂș

divorce papers landed last week - #nothingbeatsNOTbeingthere
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 16, 2013, 05:52:43 PM
Armagh's avoiding relegation into Division 3

I mind Armagh minors being destroyed by Down a while ago and ended up winning the game, that was unreal that comeback.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

DickyRock

Yer man is some craic kicking the balls away at the end

sensethetone

tyrone minors were getting destroyed last year- first round of the championship in Armagh, come back and won it, wee corner forward scored 2.04 or 3.04

Any craic

We have a new contender... Tipp were 4 points down with 45 seconds to go today in Thurles yet they scored 1-2 to win the game.. mad stuff, see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNFQXj-9Jdg

theticklemister