Wicklow v Longford - LSFC Aughrim 26 May 2013 at 3.30 pm

Started by Shamrock Shore, April 29, 2013, 03:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on May 25, 2013, 12:23:50 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 25, 2013, 11:06:06 AM
Any Longfordian gaaboard member travelling to Augrim?

I'll be there with the 9 year old daughter - time to get her used to her Dad's pain.

I'd say Insider is going.

Perhaps we should have a gathering.

Or better still, with a win hoepfully, leave to the game agin Meath where Hardy can come to represent Meath and his honoroary Longford-ness

I'd be looking forward to that, were it not for a just-discovered monumental scutter-up. Meself and herself got a Christmas present of a pair of tickets for Neil Young and Crazy Horse at the RDS from the young lad in Australia. I noticed a few weeks ago that the the gig is on the same weekend as the Meath-Longford (sorry about that, Wickla) game. Great, says I - gig on Saturday, match on Sunday - makings of a great weekend.

Then yesterday I discover the match is on the Saturday - and at exactly the same time as I'll be beyant in Dee Four, probably getting pissed upon, if my last visit there is anything to go by. At least this time it's not The Eagles.

'Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.'
For shame Hardy.  :(
You'll probably come looking for tickets when we get to the All-Ireland final.
Ah yeah.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Shamrock Shore

Greetings to the world from Aughrim! Lots of confident Wicklow people about!

Shamrock Shore

In a poor first half the score at half time is

Wicklow 0-09
Longford 0-05

macdanger2

Hard to see the feckers covering the 2pt spread at this rate of going  >:(

seafoid

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

macdanger2

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Yeah thought Longford were going to win this by a bit. Hopefully Meath won't be taken by surprise in Aughrim.

Well done Wicklow. Looking forward to a trip down amoun the mountains
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

I'm happy now I've got dem Neil Young tickets. Have we ever played in Aughrim before?

Edit: I forgot - last Feb. in the League. I'm fairly sure we've never been there in the Championship, though.

Rossfan

Hard luck Larries but ye were hardly ever going to win up there in the mountains.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Feck that for a game of soldiers.

Wicklow full value for their win. Our first 35 mins was the league form all over again.

More anon as I have work to do.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on May 26, 2013, 05:53:31 PM
Genuinely surprised at that result.
Me too. Longford should be better than losing to Wicklow.