Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 2195442 times)

Redhand Santa

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #13065 on: November 26, 2020, 08:07:51 AM »
All the best to the management team. I'd have like to have seen a bit more experience and level of success in whoever replaced Harte but there wasn't many options out there. One thing is for sure it is a group of men that are all great Tyrone men and if they fail it won't be for a lack of effort. I have worries about the management team but will be fully behind them anyway and hope for the best.

A shake up of the panel won't do any harm. You'd imagine some of the following forwards will be called up/recalled - Paul Donaghy, Lee Brennan, Michael Conroy, Tiarnan Quinn, Danny McNulty, Conor McAliskey. Not sure if any of them would be guaranteed starters at this stage but they'd certainly add a bit of strength and depth.

Redhand Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: November 26, 2020, 08:09:47 AM »
Dooher and Logan won the u21 All Ireland with Tyrone. They had 2 other less successful years with them. Can anyone confirm what other teams they've managed? What years was Logan with Stewartstown?

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: November 26, 2020, 08:23:41 AM »
He was the main man with stewartstown with the season just played though can take very little from this season. Clarshack will be able to confirm other involvement I think he’s been in the backroom teams possibly he certainly was in their success in the noughties.

I think they’ll be successful enough. I certainly wouldn’t be expecting a huge shift in tactics from what we’ve seen with Mickey Harte.

Onthe40

• View Profile
« Reply #13068 on: November 26, 2020, 09:36:08 AM »
tbh there a largely untested mgmt team at this level, Logan has played the safety card by bringing in a team around him so collectively responsibility, bar a low key Donaghmore tilt and Stewartstown I don't recall any other jobs he's had outside the 21s, Dooher managed his club for a year I think.. Holmes and Donnelly prob got the better CVs

Knock Yer Mucker In

• View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: November 26, 2020, 09:52:29 AM »
Mickey Donnelly was in the running? ;D The man is dying to be a county manager ;D applied for the derry job last year then applied for the tyrone job weeks after becoming Ardboe manager. He has no shame

He has a strong CV
An Ulster minor and U20 with two counites
Senior championship with Mayobridge
Mac Rory & Hogan Cups

in my view its strong than Dooher and Logans. Your comment sounds personal rather based on fact.Nominated does not mean you applied, its means a club put your name forward.

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: November 26, 2020, 09:57:22 AM »
He was the main man with stewartstown with the season just played though can take very little from this season. Clarshack will be able to confirm other involvement I think he’s been in the backroom teams possibly he certainly was in their success in the noughties.

I think they’ll be successful enough. I certainly wouldn’t be expecting a huge shift in tactics from what we’ve seen with Mickey Harte.

Feargal was with Paddy Park in the years 2003 - 2007 when we went from Junior to Senior and also winning an Ulster Junior and reaching an All-Ireland final along the way. He would have been involved too when our u-21's won Grade 1 in 2016. Feargal has been pretty much at the centre of any success Stewartstown have had over the years and I also wouldn't read much into this season.
Overall as a package it's a good management team especially with Holmes and Donnelly in it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 10:03:33 AM by clarshack »

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: November 26, 2020, 10:20:34 AM »
Peter Donnelly coming back on a part time basis is a strange one, surely this is a full time post these days unless Collie Holmes plans to take the majority of field work.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #13072 on: November 26, 2020, 10:42:25 AM »
Peter Donnelly coming back on a part time basis is a strange one, surely this is a full time post these days unless Collie Holmes plans to take the majority of field work.

Not really sure.

Was Davies not just with the senior team last year? So I'd imagine it's Donnelly in the same capacity now.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

inowbest

• View Profile
« Reply #13073 on: November 26, 2020, 11:09:21 AM »

Feargal was with Paddy Park in the years 2003 - 2007 when we went from Junior to Senior and also winning an Ulster Junior and reaching an All-Ireland final along the way. He would have been involved too when our u-21's won Grade 1 in 2016. Feargal has been pretty much at the centre of any success Stewartstown have had over the years and I also wouldn't read much into this season.
Overall as a package it's a good management team especially with Holmes and Donnelly in it.

For a relatively limited managerial career he has been involved in a lot of success. Himself and Paddy Park were a great team in the early 2000's. I didn't know he was a part of your u21 success in 2016. I was at the semi final when they beat us in Dungannon and I didn't see him there or hear anyone mentioning that he was involved.
Himself and Brian definitely deserve a go at it and lets hope the whole county get behind them and give them our full support.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: November 26, 2020, 11:20:45 AM »
Are Holmes and Peter Donnelly confirmed in the backroom team?

As far as I'm aware Matthew Walsh and Mark Kavanagh are the only players who started the 2015 U21 final who have yet to play at senior level for Tyrone, think the rest have all played McKenna, League or Championship for Tyrone at some point.

Think Walsh would definitely be worth a callup with his performances for Dungannon this year.

Interesting times ahead in any case.

If the likes of Brennan, McAliskey etc are coming back into the fold then it's hard to see how they can keep all the likes of McCurry, Bradley, Canavan, McAliskey and Brennan happy with game time. There's going to be form players and the other guys are going to just have to work hard and be patient.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

redhandloo

• Come on Tyrone, you're on your own
    • View Profile
« Reply #13075 on: November 26, 2020, 12:01:43 PM »
Mickey Donnelly was in the running? ;D The man is dying to be a county manager ;D applied for the derry job last year then applied for the tyrone job weeks after becoming Ardboe manager. He has no shame

He has a strong CV
An Ulster minor and U20 with two counites
Senior championship with Mayobridge
Mac Rory & Hogan Cups

in my view its strong than Dooher and Logans. Your comment sounds personal rather based on fact.Nominated does not mean you applied, its means a club put your name forward.

+1 KYMI
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #13076 on: November 26, 2020, 12:21:23 PM »
I'm very happy with the new management team and wish them the very best of luck. Should unite the county and help us move forward. Can't wait to start attending games again when covid pisses off. Any word on sponsors for next year?

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #13077 on: November 26, 2020, 01:26:51 PM »
I'm very happy with the new management team and wish them the very best of luck. Should unite the county and help us move forward. Can't wait to start attending games again when covid pisses off. Any word on sponsors for next year?

Starting to like you STG.....

on the sideline

• View Profile
« Reply #13078 on: November 26, 2020, 02:46:05 PM »
So who all is involved in the back room team? Obviously Logan and Dooher, then Collie Holmes.

Who else? Ryan Daly or Joe McMahon?

Anyone else?

Eire90

• View Profile
« Reply #13079 on: November 26, 2020, 02:48:29 PM »
so how much money will new tyrone manager  be getting