Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 2154823 times)

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #12900 on: November 12, 2020, 10:31:14 AM »
Could anyone seriously, even those who back harte, be excited about him getting another 3 years?

I'm not excited about any of the names being suggested at the minute and that includes Jimmy McGuinness.

The million dollar question is who would excite you? The options are slim to feck all at the minute.

An Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #12901 on: November 12, 2020, 10:31:29 AM »
Only name that would excite me would be Jim Gavin. Think McG is replacing like with like although at least he's new

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12902 on: November 12, 2020, 10:42:58 AM »
Only name that would excite me would be Jim Gavin. Think McG is replacing like with like although at least he's new
Did McGuiness not interview a few years ago and chat about his hatred/rivalry of Tyrone? Can't see him being interested..

APM

• View Profile
« Reply #12903 on: November 12, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
Can't see Tyrone going for an outside manager. 

Also, if Harte was to put his name forward, who would be brave enough to stand against him. 

If they aren't careful, Tyrone could end up in the same situation as Meath did when they replaced Sean Boylan with Eamon Barry.  Anyone standing against Harte in such a situation would do well to remember what became of Barry after he challenged for the position and then only lasted one year in the role.  Meath must have had 5 managers in about 7 years after Boylan stepped down. 

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #12904 on: November 12, 2020, 11:43:41 AM »
Could anyone seriously, even those who back harte, be excited about him getting another 3 years?

I'm not excited about any of the names being suggested at the minute and that includes Jimmy McGuinness.
your obviously boring as f**k then.

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #12905 on: November 12, 2020, 11:44:40 AM »
Dungannon Could be the big losers here.... Logan Dooher and Holmes... That is the word on the street in these parts!!

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #12906 on: November 12, 2020, 11:45:56 AM »
Dungannon Could be the big losers here.... Logan Dooher and Holmes... That is the word on the street in these parts!!
I very like.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12907 on: November 12, 2020, 12:02:09 PM »

Didn't we have a failed tenure with joint managers before when Art and Eugene McKenna were at the helm.

Or who is the main man?

Doubt any of the 03-08 team will put their names forward if Harte is running out of respect.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12908 on: November 12, 2020, 12:03:29 PM »
Did McGuiness not interview a few years ago and chat about his hatred/rivalry of Tyrone? Can't see him being interested..

McGuinness I think would be a great appointment, the only issue is I see absolutely no way on earth Tyrone could or would pay him what he would want.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #12909 on: November 12, 2020, 12:22:11 PM »

Didn't we have a failed tenure with joint managers before when Art and Eugene McKenna were at the helm.

Or who is the main man?

Doubt any of the 03-08 team will put their names forward if Harte is running out of respect.
[/quotemc crory/mc Kenna won our first ever national title with league in 02. They introduced alot of the new talent and set things up for harte/Tyrone to have more success at national level so hardly a failure.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #12910 on: November 12, 2020, 12:27:15 PM »
I very like.

Add McGleenon to that ticket and that could be the one.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12911 on: November 12, 2020, 12:29:04 PM »

Or who is the main man?

[/quotemc crory/mc Kenna won our first ever national title with league in 02. They introduced alot of the new talent and set things up for harte/Tyrone to have more success at national level so hardly a failure.

They got knocked out by Sligo in the Championship.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #12912 on: November 12, 2020, 12:32:24 PM »
I very like.

Add McGleenon to that ticket and that could be the one.

Now that would be a very interesting management team

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #12913 on: November 12, 2020, 12:36:09 PM »
Be great to see mc gleenans happy smiling face doing interviews on rte! Be a real tonic for the Gaels of Tyrone. I'm getting a hard-on thinking about it.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #12914 on: November 12, 2020, 12:36:40 PM »

your obviously boring as f**k then.

Yeah, maybe I should spend more time online abusing people to spice up my life.
That was never a square ball!!