Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 12, 2020, 09:38:35 AM
Could anyone seriously, even those who back harte, be excited about him getting another 3 years?

A one year term in the absence of any standout candidate is the most obvious solution.

A full year with McShane and McKenna together should be what he is judged on.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

southtyronegael

Quote from: Taylor on November 12, 2020, 09:49:58 AM
Whatever about the outcome - this should not be out in the public domain.

Whoever is leaking it needs roaded
I disagree, no harm in letting the public know what's going on behind the scenes within reason of course. Too many shady deals been done in garvaghy in the past. Time for transparency.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2020, 09:55:56 AM
Could anyone seriously, even those who back harte, be excited about him getting another 3 years?

A one year term in the absence of any standout candidate is the most obvious solution.

A full year with McShane and McKenna together should be what he is judged on.
what if either got injured again and missed next year? Do we have to give harte another year then so he can have both available?

RedHand88

Johnny mcbride stepping down from errigal ciaran... coincidence?

southtyronegael

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 12, 2020, 10:15:04 AM
this would literally be the dream outcome. Harte gone from Tyrone, errigal stuck with harte for next 10 years!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 12, 2020, 10:15:04 AM

Errigal were dreadful in the Championship. He was going, just a matter if walked or pushed. They are still fuming up there at the Dungannon loss.

BennyHarp

I'm not excited about any of the names being suggested at the minute and that includes Jimmy McGuinness.
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 12, 2020, 10:26:33 AM

I'm not excited about any of the names being suggested at the minute and that includes Jimmy McGuinness.

The million dollar question is who would excite you? The options are slim to feck all at the minute.

An Watcher

Only name that would excite me would be Jim Gavin. Think McG is replacing like with like although at least he's new

Pearse Blue

Quote from: An Watcher on November 12, 2020, 10:31:29 AM
Only name that would excite me would be Jim Gavin. Think McG is replacing like with like although at least he's new
Did McGuiness not interview a few years ago and chat about his hatred/rivalry of Tyrone? Can't see him being interested..

APM

Can't see Tyrone going for an outside manager. 

Also, if Harte was to put his name forward, who would be brave enough to stand against him. 

If they aren't careful, Tyrone could end up in the same situation as Meath did when they replaced Sean Boylan with Eamon Barry.  Anyone standing against Harte in such a situation would do well to remember what became of Barry after he challenged for the position and then only lasted one year in the role.  Meath must have had 5 managers in about 7 years after Boylan stepped down. 

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 12, 2020, 10:26:33 AM

your obviously boring as f**k then.

bigtogs

Dungannon Could be the big losers here.... Logan Dooher and Holmes... That is the word on the street in these parts!!

southtyronegael

Quote from: bigtogs on November 12, 2020, 11:44:40 AM
Dungannon Could be the big losers here.... Logan Dooher and Holmes... That is the word on the street in these parts!!
I very like.

Angelo

Quote from: bigtogs on November 12, 2020, 11:44:40 AM

Didn't we have a failed tenure with joint managers before when Art and Eugene McKenna were at the helm.

Or who is the main man?

Doubt any of the 03-08 team will put their names forward if Harte is running out of respect.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL