Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 2089095 times)

bigpackiechestout

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #12435 on: October 23, 2020, 06:55:06 PM »
I honestly don't think we have any MF,  right now, who are at the standard of the options in Dublin, Donegal, Mayo or Kerry.

That being said it's near impossible to develop into a good intercounty player unless you have some consistency in terms of playing, tactics and surrounding cast.

Harte needs to decide who his main MF 2 are (preferably ones who play club MF) and stick with them for a period.

Kilpatrick and Kennedy are inexperienced and unproven but both deserve extended runs to prove themselves.

R Donnelly is probably our most established option there, is he a natural midfielder though? Out of our current options I'd have him starting though but he seems pretty injury prone and lacks a bit of mobility.

After that I'd have McClure, has had some decent cameos but a bit like R Donnelly, is he a natural midfielder or a half forward, he also lacks a bit of presence midfielders from other counties have.

The likes of McKenna, Donnelly and Hampsey are not midfielders and are needed elsewhere.

Kennedy and R Donnelly weren't involved last week, Kennedy was named on the bench but withdrawn before throw in.

If both are out I'd go with McClure and Kilpatrick for Sunday, I think it will makes the other lines of our team stronger and won't sufficiently weaken the midfield.

We'll probably see Hampsey and Ben McDonnell there though.

Now Cavanagh is gone Brian Kennedy is the only natutal midfielder we have who could match the physicality of the likes of Murphy, Hugh McFadden, Fenton, David Moran, or the Mayo lads like the O'Se's and Ruane. Kilpatrick and McClure simply don't have the size so if they were if to play I think we need to pair them with Kennedy. I'm no fan of McDonnell but he does put himself about and do the dog work that I dont think McClure and Kilpatrick do. This is why I think he gets game time (any Errigal bias notwithstanding).

As I've said on here before this lack of physicality at midfield is a bit of a common theme with Tyrone teams. I thought the u20s had the same problem last week compared to the Dubs although Oguz would have been a big loss for them

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12436 on: October 23, 2020, 07:38:23 PM »
I honestly don't think we have any MF,  right now, who are at the standard of the options in Dublin, Donegal, Mayo or Kerry.

That being said it's near impossible to develop into a good intercounty player unless you have some consistency in terms of playing, tactics and surrounding cast.

Harte needs to decide who his main MF 2 are (preferably ones who play club MF) and stick with them for a period.

Kilpatrick and Kennedy are inexperienced and unproven but both deserve extended runs to prove themselves.

R Donnelly is probably our most established option there, is he a natural midfielder though? Out of our current options I'd have him starting though but he seems pretty injury prone and lacks a bit of mobility.

After that I'd have McClure, has had some decent cameos but a bit like R Donnelly, is he a natural midfielder or a half forward, he also lacks a bit of presence midfielders from other counties have.

The likes of McKenna, Donnelly and Hampsey are not midfielders and are needed elsewhere.

Kennedy and R Donnelly weren't involved last week, Kennedy was named on the bench but withdrawn before throw in.

If both are out I'd go with McClure and Kilpatrick for Sunday, I think it will makes the other lines of our team stronger and won't sufficiently weaken the midfield.

We'll probably see Hampsey and Ben McDonnell there though.

Now Cavanagh is gone Brian Kennedy is the only natutal midfielder we have who could match the physicality of the likes of Murphy, Hugh McFadden, Fenton, David Moran, or the Mayo lads like the O'Se's and Ruane. Kilpatrick and McClure simply don't have the size so if they were if to play I think we need to pair them with Kennedy. I'm no fan of McDonnell but he does put himself about and do the dog work that I dont think McClure and Kilpatrick do. This is why I think he gets game time (any Errigal bias notwithstanding).

As I've said on here before this lack of physicality at midfield is a bit of a common theme with Tyrone teams. I thought the u20s had the same problem last week compared to the Dubs although Oguz would have been a big loss for them

Young McGleenan looks a big prospect but it would be another 4 years or so before he's ready for senior football.

McNulty has the physical size which is why I'd have him in there. Kilpatrick isn't a 6ft5 giant but he is a natural midfielder and he has great athleticism. McClure and R Donnelly probably to need to be paired with Kennedy. McDonnell does dog work but I don't think dogwork will cut it. McClure is actually deceptively good in the air and probably the best fielder out of the whole lot.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12437 on: October 24, 2020, 05:40:37 PM »
Teamtalk reporting that someone on the panel tested positive for Covid. Anyone hear anything more?

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #12438 on: October 24, 2020, 06:13:12 PM »
Itís true...donít want to give a name obviously

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #12439 on: October 24, 2020, 06:13:26 PM »
Teamtalk reporting that someone on the panel tested positive for Covid. Anyone hear anything more?

Sent you a PM

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #12440 on: October 25, 2020, 11:33:35 AM »
See the named Tyrone team. Darragh Canavan named at corner back. Even Mickey Harte canít turn this fella into a defender lol.

No place for McKenna after last weekís performance and this is basically a championship match. that would make you speculate he is the corona case. Hope Iím wrong and itís purely speculation.
Living the dream!!!

GlenMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12441 on: October 25, 2020, 11:40:42 AM »
See the named Tyrone team. Darragh Canavan named at corner back. Even Mickey Harte canít turn this fella into a defender lol.

No place for McKenna after last weekís performance and this is basically a championship match. that would make you speculate he is the corona case. Hope Iím wrong and itís purely speculation.

No place for who? McKenna is in the team.

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #12442 on: October 25, 2020, 11:47:03 AM »

Mickey is just trolling STG naming canavan at corner back.

And Conor McKenna is at 11. He isnt the covid case from what I heard. Fairly obvious from that team who it is.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12443 on: October 25, 2020, 11:48:23 AM »
Brennan gone for the rest of the year so with a 12 week ban?

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #12444 on: October 25, 2020, 11:49:54 AM »
Somewhere in the depths of Augher, south tyrone gael is blowing a gasket right about now.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12445 on: October 25, 2020, 11:57:43 AM »
Wonder how many changes there will be to the starting XV named.

I'd like to see Kelly in for Burns and Kilpatrick for C McCann out of the side named.

A starting forward line with Donnelly, McKenna, McCurry, Harte and Canavan is exciting on paper.

TwoUpTwoDown

• View Profile
« Reply #12446 on: October 25, 2020, 12:03:30 PM »
There's not a hope Peter Harte will be starting going by the tweet teamtalk put out yesterday. Canavan will fill in that slot.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #12447 on: October 25, 2020, 12:32:10 PM »
Not a hope canavan playing corner back so why even name him there? Pick the bloody team a let them play. Harte doesn't want forwards or defenders any more, just pre programmed robots that do what they are told.

TwoUpTwoDown

• View Profile
« Reply #12448 on: October 25, 2020, 12:42:08 PM »
Somewhere in the depths of Augher, south tyrone gael is blowing a gasket right about now.

Depths of Fermanagh... Canavan will fill in for Harte up front and Meyler will drop back. I'd say it's more out of convenience than anything naming that team. Mickey doesn't normally name major dummy teams.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12449 on: October 25, 2020, 12:43:56 PM »
Not a hope canavan playing corner back so why even name him there? Pick the bloody team a let them play. Harte doesn't want forwards or defenders any more, just pre programmed robots that do what they are told.

Team sheets have to be submitted by Friday isn't it?

Tyrone were still appealing Brennan's suspension so Canavan is probably a late addition to the 26 in any case.