Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 2089124 times)

referee

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #12375 on: October 18, 2020, 04:57:48 PM »
Mc kernan is not up to it,too focused on his appearance and how well his tan is fucksake,and you're going f**king nowhere with 2 Pomeroy players starting in that team,oh give me strength

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12376 on: October 18, 2020, 04:58:22 PM »
He sold 3 defenders a dummy took them out of the game. Hampsey went to cover the space inside the box instead of cutting out the immediate danger. It could be a short year if we leak goals that easy.

McKernan was the guy in the best position to hold his ground and he vacated it and left all of it open when there were enough Tyrone players around to deal with Mogan.

He's a good player but he keeps on making the same type of mistakes again and again, surely a top class set up should be seeing this and coaching it out of him.

referee

• View Profile
« Reply #12377 on: October 18, 2020, 05:14:17 PM »
Your right angel,when he first came on board as a corner back he was okbut then started to believe the hype surrounding him,hampsey at fault for the 2nd goal

gaafan2

• View Profile
« Reply #12378 on: October 18, 2020, 05:48:15 PM »
Mc kernan is not up to it,too focused on his appearance and how well his tan is fucksake,and you're going f**king nowhere with 2 Pomeroy players starting in that team,oh give me strength

Such a statement, hell of alot worse players on that tyrone team.

referee

• View Profile
« Reply #12379 on: October 18, 2020, 05:56:39 PM »
Tell me then,What does mcgeary and burns bring to the team

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12380 on: October 18, 2020, 05:58:01 PM »
That was a bit of a shitshow.

Two defeats to see the year out on the cards now.

TBH when the news came through of McShane being out for the rest of the year I had it wrote off now but it looks like Div 2 is likely now next year on the respective performances of Tyrone and Mayo today.

We have no midfield and we have a gaping hole right in the middle of our defence that is going to leak goals against a decent side, if you run down our centre you will create openings. We badly need an established no 6 who just holds that central channnel, I think Hampsey is probably the best man for the job if he gets back to form and fitness.

The midfield conundrum is now big, R Donnelly and Kennedy weren't involved today but we did have the likes of McClure and Kilpatrick on the bench and I think we are robbing Peter to pay Paul when we have the likes of Hampsey and McKenna plugging a gap in there. We got destroyed in the middle of the pitch on our kickouts. Donegal were able to get there restarts off without any pressure.

That was a hugely encouraging first showing from McKenna, 1-2 from play, won a lot of ball, set up another 2 scores, he's going to be huge for us going forward.

I was all for giving Harte another year before today but with that performance and how dysfunctional and open we look I think it's probably the right team to bring in a new management team next year.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #12381 on: October 18, 2020, 05:58:11 PM »
After all the excitement of the Tyrone club championship it's back to that boring unimaginative dross. Virtually no inside forward line until MC Kenna went in. No creativity, no spark. When will it all end?

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #12382 on: October 18, 2020, 06:03:46 PM »

Fouling and loads of stupid decision making..

Moonshine

• View Profile
« Reply #12383 on: October 18, 2020, 06:07:10 PM »
After all the excitement of the Tyrone club championship it's back to that boring unimaginative dross. Virtually no inside forward line until MC Kenna went in. No creativity, no spark. When will it all end?

In total agreement. Utter rubbish you have forwards such as Mc curry, Mc kenna and bradley and you expect them to play in there own 45. Whose in charge horse or harte as it looked like horse was in full control in the water breaks. Relegation next week will hopefully get rid of this defensive dross that's stifling some of the best forwards in ulster. New setup needed urgently

gaafan2

• View Profile
« Reply #12384 on: October 18, 2020, 06:50:49 PM »

What did the other 13 bring today then. McKenna scoring 1-2 was the only.positive today.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12385 on: October 18, 2020, 07:03:22 PM »
The thing about getting rid of Harte, is there an outstanding candidate available? I don't really see anything inside the county at present that I would look as a marked improvement on Harte. I think a lot of our underage teams in recent years have underachieved and no club manager has been able to do back to backs in Tyrone to make them a viable candidate.

Canavan has that x factor but he has a nice little gig going as it is and I really don't think he'd be interested. He hasn't really managed anyone of note since Fermanagh anyway?

Would we hire an outsider? Malachy O'Rourke did a great job with Monaghan and I think he'd do well with Tyrone but I don't see him bringing the swashbuckling football some seem to think we should be playing. I couldn't see McGuinness taking the job or the Tyrone Co Board affording him but I think he could work wonders with this bunch of players.

redzone

• View Profile
« Reply #12386 on: October 18, 2020, 09:36:36 PM »
I wouldn't rule out a win next weekend and I wouldn't rule us out from going down and getting a win in the championship down there either. As bad as we were we still could have got something. Harte could have us all fooled. Still as someone else pointed out to go from watching the brilliant club football to watching that would turn your stomach.

GaelTheGael

• View Profile
« Reply #12387 on: October 18, 2020, 09:45:46 PM »

What did the other 13 bring today then. McKenna scoring 1-2 was the only.positive today.
McCann and McKernan are bigger problems for Tyrone than McGeary and Burns, Sludden poor again - a worrying trend for him since 2018, pushing defenders into midfield isn't the solution going by today - Richie Donnelly and one of Kennedy or Kilpatrick is the only way to go in this area.
Why was Richie, Cassidy, Bradley and Peter Harte not involved in the panel today?
McKenna was a positive once he moved to full forward. Rafferty from an attacking perspective showed some potential.

Sportacus

• View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: October 18, 2020, 09:47:00 PM »
Tyrone are coached with fear. Everyone back.  And still got cut open. Armagh were the same yesterday.  Bizarre considering the good forwards both teams have. Rest of the country have moved on.

Goals_Will_Come

• View Profile
« Reply #12389 on: October 18, 2020, 09:52:26 PM »
The thing about getting rid of Harte, is there an outstanding candidate available? I don't really see anything inside the county at present that I would look as a marked improvement on Harte. I think a lot of our underage teams in recent years have underachieved and no club manager has been able to do back to backs in Tyrone to make them a viable candidate.

Canavan has that x factor but he has a nice little gig going as it is and I really don't think he'd be interested. He hasn't really managed anyone of note since Fermanagh anyway?

Would we hire an outsider? Malachy O'Rourke did a great job with Monaghan and I think he'd do well with Tyrone but I don't see him bringing the swashbuckling football some seem to think we should be playing. I couldn't see McGuinness taking the job or the Tyrone Co Board affording him but I think he could work wonders with this bunch of players.
Anything to be said for Fergal Logan and his team from the U21 All Ireland winners of 2015 of Canavan and Dooher, even adding someone like Collie Holmes as well?
Majority of that panel have been brought through (potentially could even get Brennan, McNulty, Mullan back involved) and are being backboned by the last 2 U20 teams as well as still having the last few years of Mattie, McNammee and Harte, a new voice could make a big difference to what will still be an impressive panel in 2021.