Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 2078018 times)

southtyronegael

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #12195 on: September 08, 2020, 03:20:37 PM »
You don't have to play deadly every game but if you play shite you deserve to get took off unless your uncle Mickey is the manager.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: September 08, 2020, 03:25:06 PM »
You don't have to play deadly every game but if you play shite you deserve to get took off unless your uncle Mickey is the manager.

Did Mickey Harte ever take Sean Cavanagh off if he was having a bad game?

Does he ever take Mattie Donnelly off if he's having a bad game?

Would he take Cathal McShane off anymore if he's having a bad game?

You generally keep your most dangerous and influential players on the pitch.

Harte was having a pretty indifferent AI semi final against Monaghan in 2018 but came to life in the last 15 minutes and was influential is us winning that match. That's what he is capable of and we have very few players as talented and capable as he is.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: September 08, 2020, 03:29:11 PM »
Did Harte not take Sean cavanagh off against Dublin in 2017 semi? And it his last game, but then they weren't related.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: September 08, 2020, 03:30:10 PM »

And what if your consistently in the top performers on the team? Even in the days when Peter's poor he's usually taking up a lot of the opponents attention. And there's plenty of other people who have had shite games and haven't been taken off as well. Maybe they're all related to Mickey.

As I said your an embarrassment.  :D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: September 08, 2020, 03:33:04 PM »
It's all irrelevant anyway as long as Mickey is manager.  I wonder was Jim Gavin watching the games the last 2 weekends?

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: September 08, 2020, 03:56:17 PM »
Did Harte not take Sean cavanagh off against Dublin in 2017 semi? And it his last game, but then they weren't related.

Maybe he wanted him to get an ovation?

He took his nephew off at half time against Antrim last year.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: September 08, 2020, 04:15:02 PM »

Maybe he wanted him to get an ovation?

He took his nephew off at half time against Antrim last year.
ye wouldn't get much of an ovation against Antrim.

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: September 08, 2020, 04:47:03 PM »
No doubt Mickey will find a place for him anyway. He must have played every position at this stage.

Anyone read big Finbarr's article in Gaelic Life? Legend of a Gael. Maybe we need to look at his suggestion and get Niall Morgan into the front 6, excellent outfielder. And as you say a position will be found for Petey so maybe he could be the sweeper keeper / our version of Cluxton? Petey Donnelly been doing the same job for the Island so it makes sense

Are you saying put Peter Harte in nets??

rrhf

• View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: September 08, 2020, 07:26:06 PM »
The anti petie Harte campaign. One of the most consistent performers at a very high level for 10 years. Only a blinded individual could come out with that crap.

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: September 09, 2020, 08:02:51 AM »
The anti petie Harte campaign. One of the most consistent performers at a very high level for 10 years. Only a blinded individual could come out with that crap.
Exactly, 10 years, I don't disagree with you, he has been.. But that's our problem, we hang on to players because they were good in the past instead of shipping them out and building new teams with fresh talent.

Not saying we should get rid of P Harte, i'm just saying his best days may be gone

Wee Roddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: September 09, 2020, 08:04:53 AM »
I agree. Granted he isnt the best player in the world on every occasion Tyrone have gone out but the great Jim Gavin has been willing to change things to nullify him as if that job is done Tyrone are very often beat.
If he wasn't Mickey's nephew this wouldn't be happening i suspect, but due to the inclusion of a lot of Errigal players who were not up to the required standard, people have chosen to blame Petey and it isnt his fault.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: September 09, 2020, 08:18:42 AM »
Just to be clear I'm not blaming Peter Harte or any other Tyrone player for that matter. Mickey is the man that needs shifted.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: September 09, 2020, 08:26:41 AM »
Just to be clear I'm not blaming Peter Harte or any other Tyrone player for that matter. Mickey is the man that needs shifted.
Just to be clear, you were trying to say PH selection was due to his relationship with MH. No point starting to backtrack now.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: September 09, 2020, 08:28:36 AM »
Unfortunately he decides when he wants to shift..

And he has this power because he won 3 All Ireland over a decade ago..

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: September 09, 2020, 12:32:12 PM »
Unfortunately he decides when he wants to shift..

And he has this power because he won 3 All Ireland over a decade ago..

Do you lads really think if lets say, Malachy o'Rourke or someone else got the job that they wouldn't include Peter Harte in the squad?
That was never a square ball!!