Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1888116 times)

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #11610 on: February 11, 2020, 12:09:53 PM »
Im sure they can find him s cushy job at some firm in tyrone.
Home for an interview in keystone

Ethan Tremblay

• View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: February 11, 2020, 12:46:35 PM »
I would imagine his trip home will be short lived and is just an excursion before the season starts.

The afl league kicks off in March and can run to the end of September potentially.  With games every week ideally this is the time to do it. 

He is a star in the team over there, and given his situation Iím sure they are allowing him some allowances, as he is sacrificing more than most players on the team being there. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #11612 on: February 11, 2020, 01:11:02 PM »
I would imagine his trip home will be short lived and is just an excursion before the season starts.

The afl league kicks off in March and can run to the end of September potentially.  With games every week ideally this is the time to do it. 

He is a star in the team over there, and given his situation Iím sure they are allowing him some allowances, as he is sacrificing more than most players on the team being there.

It seems very close to the season to be sanctioning it.

I could be getting my hopes up but there seems to be a lot more to it and I'd be hopeful he might decide to stay in Tyrone.

GlenMan

• View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: February 11, 2020, 02:28:32 PM »
Ciaran McLaughlin and Conan Grugan have left the panel.

bigpackiechestout

• View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: February 11, 2020, 02:41:17 PM »

Since when? They were both on the line on Sunday.

If true it's probably fair enough from each player and equally no loss to the panel. Both have been knocking around for quite a while now without making an impact and were well down the pecking order. When Grugan rejoined the panel last year I thought he would make a bigger impression but he seemed to struggle with injuries last year and to be honest he's been disappointing in most of the chances he's got.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: February 11, 2020, 02:52:28 PM »
Omagh on the other hand just became interesting as a Championship bet.

TwoUpTwoDown

• View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: February 11, 2020, 02:56:20 PM »

Since when? They were both on the line on Sunday.

If true it's probably fair enough from each player and equally no loss to the panel. Both have been knocking around for quite a while now without making an impact and were well down the pecking order. When Grugan rejoined the panel last year I thought he would make a bigger impression but he seemed to struggle with injuries last year and to be honest he's been disappointing in most of the chances he's got.

I have to agree here. McLaughlin is a solid player but well behind those in front of him. In terms of Grugan, without doubt a classy operator but just think he is a level below what is needed to be a prominent figure in that Tyrone side. However majority of people in Omagh St Enda's would strongly disagree with that. They rate him extremely highly and maybe that hasn't stood to him. I think he probably expects to me making more of an impact than he has.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #11617 on: February 11, 2020, 03:10:07 PM »
I had high hopes that Grugan would establish himself as a starter when he rejoined the panel. He's been massively disappointing, for a midfielder he simply doesn't impose himself on the game. Seems to be behind Cavanagh, Kilpatrick, Kennedy, McDonnell and R Donnelly in the midfield area so I think the writing is on the wall there.

McLaughlin again has plenty of options in front of him, don't think either are in with a shot of breaking into the side.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: February 11, 2020, 03:25:47 PM »
If Conor McKenna comes home and is straight into the Tyrone panel, it will be some addition and will massively boost Tyrones chances of an AI title win. 

Imagine a forward line consisting of McCurry, Sludden, Harte, Matty D, McShane, Conor McKenna

Now thats fire power.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, Mickey Harte is the man.  Incredible manager and best man for the job.  Gets McShane to stay and gets Conor McKenna home.  Anyone who wants MH out of the setup would need to have their heads checked.

Imagine that forward line with Lee Brennan in the mix too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Pearse Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: February 11, 2020, 03:44:51 PM »
If Conor McKenna comes home and is straight into the Tyrone panel, it will be some addition and will massively boost Tyrones chances of an AI title win. 

Imagine a forward line consisting of McCurry, Sludden, Harte, Matty D, McShane, Conor McKenna

Now thats fire power.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, Mickey Harte is the man.  Incredible manager and best man for the job.  Gets McShane to stay and gets Conor McKenna home.  Anyone who wants MH out of the setup would need to have their heads checked.

Who is he again??

The_Slug

• View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: February 11, 2020, 04:02:55 PM »

Now thats fire power.

Who is he again??

i would be more interested in mcaliskey or bradley being put into that forward line

inroundthesquare

• View Profile
« Reply #11621 on: February 11, 2020, 07:28:59 PM »

Now thats fire power.

Who is he again??

i would be more interested in mcaliskey or bradley being put into that forward line

Or Darragh Canavan when he makes the step up

An Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: February 11, 2020, 08:51:27 PM »
It's no canavan, o'neill, mulligan, dooher, mcguigan but would be an improvement on recent years

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: February 11, 2020, 09:03:18 PM »
Is Lee Brennan suddenly not rated?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: February 11, 2020, 09:17:48 PM »
Maybe jumping the gun with Conor McKenna - hopefully get some clarity over the next few weeks but no doubt it would be great to have him back